My Microsoft Word has been 'deactivated'. What can I do?

siftasam

13 minutes ago, siftasam said:

Many thanks again everybody. I'll certainly look into all the options you suggest.

If I uninstall my Office Professional Plus 2019 and if I also change to Windows 11, will I lose any or all of the photos and document files I have? My most important ones are on Desktop and I have copied them to USB

You can choose to keep your data when upgrading to Windows 11. It's not just what you do, but the way that you do it...

18 hours ago, Encore said:

I have used the free version of WPS Office for many years without any problem

Earlier this year, I was using a Chinese client's workstation that had free WPS instead of MS Office. Mostly it did the business, but it did corrupt a couple of my macro-driven Excel workbooks inasmuch as they were unusable after being saved and then trying to access them via a licensed version of Office on my laptop. The macros and VBA coding stopped working, and the graphing was also screwed up.

Edited by NanLaew

20 hours ago, Celsius said:

The best way is to buy a "license" from shoppe for next to nothing.

Personally no Thai guy is touching my pron and bookmarks.

Couldn't agree more!!! Even without the items you mention, nobody  gets near the settings on my computers / devices except me....full stop!!!

One can buy a "licence" on eBay or Amazon, or search around the torrent sites for some active keys.  

EDIT

I see that some MORON posted a "sad" emoji.

Now you fool, what is sad about my comment - be brave and actually reply to it!

Edited by VBF
  • Sad 1

Old habits die hard.  I ditched Office/Word/Excel/Outlook long ago.  Most people don't need to use them anymore.  Alternatives may work even better depending what you are doing. 

Edited by shdmn
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, shdmn said:

Old habits die hard.  I ditched Office/Word/Excel/Outlook long ago.  Most people don't need to use them anymore.  Alternatives may work even better depending what you are doing. 

Perhaps you can give some examples for the novices here @NanLaew has already posted some of his.

5 minutes ago, NowNow said:

Perhaps you can give some examples for the novices here @NanLaew has already posted some of his.

Put the following into a search engine  e.g.  Google    office alternatives free

One response was https://www.techradar.com/news/best-microsoft-office-alternative

I would be inclined to trust "Techradar" as a knowledgeable site

21 hours ago, steven100 said:

Don't care how or where he gets it from,  you just want it working. 

Provided that he doesn't unknowingly to the OP install counterfeit software, though. If he does then this might work OK for about 6 months, after which the OP could find himself back at square 1.

Can vouch for this happening to me a couple of times before I switched to the free version of WPS Office, which does the job just fine for me these days. 

12 minutes ago, OJAS said:

Provided that he doesn't unknowingly to the OP install counterfeit software, though. If he does then this might work OK for about 6 months, after which the OP could find himself back at square 1.

Can vouch for this happening to me a couple of times before I switched to the free version of WPS Office, which does the job just fine for me these days. 

It wasn't counterfeit. You just didn't know that you could just reactivate it.

5 minutes ago, shdmn said:

You  need examples what word processors, spreadsheets, and email clients are used for? 🤔

No.

1 hour ago, NowNow said:

I ditched Office/Word/Excel/Outlook long ago.  Most people don't need to use them anymore.  Alternatives may work even better depending what you are doing.

27 minutes ago, NowNow said:

I ditched Office/Word/Excel/Outlook long ago.  Most people don't need to use them anymore.  Alternatives may work even better depending what you are doing.

You need someone to tell you what your requirements are?

Edited by shdmn