Trump's Planned Agenda: First Day Ban on Diversity Programs and Climate Agreement Exit

Social Media

image.png

If he wins the upcoming presidential election, Donald Trump plans to eliminate diversity, equity, and inclusion (DEI) initiatives across both the federal government and private sector on his very first day in office. According to reports from the Wall Street Journal, Trump’s team has drafted a range of executive orders for this, intending to outlaw DEI programs and withdraw from the Paris climate accord. His goal, his allies say, is to address what he has called “anti-white racism,” an accusation he has repeatedly voiced.

In a statement to Time magazine earlier this year, Trump said, “I think there is a definite anti-white feeling in this country, and that can’t be allowed.” Trump’s campaign has echoed this sentiment, asserting that all “staff, offices, and initiatives” tied to DEI or any “un-American policy will be immediately terminated.” However, this potential ban on DEI is likely to be met with significant resistance. The American Civil Liberties Union (ACLU) has announced plans to fight any DEI bans in court, according to a report from Axios in July.

Trump’s stance on DEI aligns closely with a broader conservative movement encapsulated in Project 2025, a detailed policy document drafted by the Heritage Foundation. The 900-page document outlines strategies to reverse what the authors see as a “DEI revolution.” But Project 2025 has not been universally embraced even within Republican circles. Kamala Harris’s campaign has criticized it, leading Trump to distance himself from the document. Frustrated by the backlash it has sparked, he commented earlier this year that “some of the things they’re saying are absolutely ridiculous and abysmal.”

Still, Project 2025 has had a profound influence on Trump’s policies. Although Trump’s aides have scoured the document to remove anyone associated with it from participating in his presidential transition team, at least 140 authors and editors of Project 2025 had served during his first term. Despite efforts to screen those involved with the document, some Trump allies argue it would be challenging to exclude all Project 2025-linked Republicans from playing roles in the White House or on the transition team.

In addition to banning DEI programs, Trump is also poised to withdraw the United States from the Paris Agreement. This international climate change treaty requires member countries to reduce greenhouse gas emissions. During his previous term, Trump initiated the process to exit the treaty in 2017, although the formal withdrawal wasn’t completed until November 2020 due to delays from United Nations regulations. Following Trump’s departure, Joe Biden reversed the decision and re-entered the U.S. into the Paris Agreement on his first day in office, with the country’s reentry officially taking effect in February 2021.

If Trump’s executive orders materialize, they will likely set off significant legal challenges and heated public debate. His plans to ban DEI initiatives and withdraw from international climate commitments represent a return to some of his more controversial policies from his first term, drawing support from certain sectors while sparking resistance from advocacy groups and government bodies alike.

Based on a report from the WSJ 2024-10-26

news-logo-btm.jpg

news-footer-4.png

image.png

It is Trump's stated goal to do everything that he possibly can do to avoid anything that benefits the environment. He wants to open up national parks, monuments and national forests to logging, mining interests, and oil companies, ruining the top park system on the planet. Since it's likely that he's never been to a national park in his lifetime it means nothing to him. He wants to drill on pristine land, he wants to erase air quality standards, and in general he behaves as if we have seven or eight, perhaps nine alternative planets to move to, if we completely foul this one.

The man is beyond irresponsible when it comes to the environment, he's a dangerous  hazard. 

• Agree 1

1 hour ago, Social Media said:

In addition to banning DEI programs, Trump is also poised to withdraw the United States from the Paris Agreement.

Seems like a good idea to me.

I hope his next project is to complete the wall and deport illegals.

• Agree 2

22 minutes ago, thaibeachlovers said:

In your opinion.

Yes. Of course. Nothing on this forum is stated as fact. All of the replies are opinions. Why would anyone think otherwise? I don't consider your posts to be facts. Why would you consider mine to be? 

Having said that he did factually dismantle a lot of previous environmental policy when he became president in 2016, that cannot be disputed. It can be obfuscated, it can be stated otherwise, but the facts cannot be disputed. 

• Thumbs Up 1

7 minutes ago, spidermike007 said:

Yes. Of course. Nothing on this forum is stated as fact. All of the replies are opinions. Why would anyone think otherwise? I don't consider your posts to be facts. Why would you consider mine to be? 

On this forum if we don't say it's an opinion we are required to provide proof, ergo if you don't say it's opinion I have to assume you mean it as a fact.