Thailand raises retirement age to 65 for all sectors

webfact

1 minute ago, bigt3116 said:

Trying to find the formula now, but it says the maximum is 15k a month?

15k is the maximum income that the calculations are based on, not how much can be received for the pension.
If you retire with full contributions over 15 years, you'd get 3,000 baht. I can't remember the formula exactly but then you can add on something like 1.5% of 15,000 for each additional year. You'll get nowhere near 12,000 baht. 

22 hours ago, watchcat said:

The  government is surely in problem, want to adjust the pension age to 65 for the measly pay of 600 baht/month. Just confess, the country is in deep trouble, and comparing the country with Singapore and Switzerland is a joke.

Yes, and?  600baht/ month doesn't help.

Let's not be too arrogant, it's a start from a very low bench mark, funds have to be available to raise pensions and this can take decades. At least they have seen the writing on the wall and are making a start. The same problems are facing the West where the demographics are a harbinger of bad times ahead, raising the retirement age to 70 is no longer unrealistic, with small incremental steps, in the future, this would ensure that many will never receive a pension or if then only for a short time thus reducing burden on the retirement funds, basically, if you don't have kids then you don't get a pension worthy of the name.

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, soalbundy said:

Let's not be too arrogant, it's a start from a very low bench mark, funds have to be available to raise pensions and this can take decades. At least they have seen the writing on the wall and are making a start. The same problems are facing the West where the demographics are a harbinger of bad times ahead, raising the retirement age to 70 is no longer unrealistic, with small incremental steps, in the future, this would ensure that many will never receive a pension or if then only for a short time thus reducing burden on the retirement funds, basically, if you don't have kids then you don't get a pension worthy of the name.

B/S I don't have kids and my pension is 2700 AUD per month

2 hours ago, bigt3116 said:

I was also informed that if you take the pension, you can NOT continue with the 432 baht for healthcare, and that is too greater benefit to give up

Don't know how your quote got messed up. 

image.png.9df5e785a7616571b67eb37c39843438.png

However, at that time I was told by the officers that I could take the lump-sum and still continue getting medical cover for about 400B / month. They even said I had 6 months to decide AFTER getting my lump-sum.

1 hour ago, still kicking said:

B/S I don't have kids and my pension is 2700 AUD per month

Yes,my German pension is bigger than that but we are already retired, it wont take too long before the next bulk of retirees comes along and the funds get depleted (America is a case in point, many states wont be in a position to pay the promised amount of pensions to their retiring government workers). My German daughter who is 38 already assumes that she wont get a pension. There is a limit to the burden (wage deductions) that one can put on an ever decreasing number of young workers compared to an ever increasing number of retirees.