Those who fell for marriage, how do you cope knowing you've ruined your life?

Chris Daley

21 hours ago, Chris Daley said:

I see a lot of old sods at work that never go home.  The single guys leave at 4 but the married losers stay until 5, 6 or even 7.  Sad-faced broken men that eat dinner at work 'to avoid the traffic'.  Anything to avoid going home to the wife.

How about you?  Did you fall for marriage or are you still a free and happy quality tourist?

You must be one of them hey staying till 7.30 I guess.

Get a life , Be Happy.

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, scubascuba3 said:

I'm happy, you're not, so who's really sad?

And how do YOU know if he is sad or happy?

I doubt that you have ever met him, nor lived with him, so how do you know if he is sad or happy?

Edited by billd766
added extra text
  • Thanks 1

20 minutes ago, scubascuba3 said:

Can tell based on his posts, moving away from Thailand because unhappy 

Making storys again about things you have no experience with or knownledge do you. 

• Agree 1

I chose to not get married in Thailand.

Reason:

a. Failed marriage to a white girl in the 1970s.

b. Failed marriage to a Hong Kong girl in the late 1970s.

c. Long-term GF relationship from 1993 to 2013.  She was NUTZO.

d.  Live of Riley, beginning in 2013, after dumping the GF in Taiwan, and moving to Thailand.

No hassles.

No jealousy issues.

No need to tame the shrews, either.

Follow the Teachings of Shakespeare, is my best advice.

7 hours ago, thaibeachlovers said:

In the west the women fixed it so that just living together counts as a marriage when the divorce happens.

I wish sexbots had existed when I made the mistake of living with a woman that turned out rotten.

sex dolls are already here.

dont tell me those ears dont turn you on.

but how do you know the sex bot wont murder your in your sleep?

Luis TPE Realistic Sex Doll - SEDOLL® SEDOLL®

6 hours ago, ubonr1971 said:

But you are an outcast in Oz and people judge you for this behind your back. Not that you care about this bc all you care about is money and holidays. 

I can assure you that the biggest mistake you have made in your life is that you dont have a child of your own. If you did you would know that the focus is away from oneself to the child and its the best thing that can happen to a man. You are missing out mate!

Outcast for being unmarried, or for having a place in Thailand?

I find it hard to imagine having a kid, bit like trying to imagine being a bullfighter or a ballet dancer, it’s so far out. 

Men on a good income can afford to be married and also have an interesting life with heaps of travel, but if I’d been married, on my  very modest income, I’d have had to spend every spare cent of it on a 3 bedroom house in an ugly Australian suburb, and would have missed out on all the fantastic experiences I’ve enjoyed in my travels throughout the world.

6 hours ago, 1FinickyOne said:

I have a friend who likes a routine... he is unhappy on Tuesday & Thursday from noon to 7 p.m and all day Sunday...  

Indeed. Fascinating!

Several species of animals like penquins sometimes form homosexual relationships.

Whales communicate over thousands of miles using deep ocean trenches. Who wouldda guessed?

On 10/27/2024 at 2:53 PM, Chris Daley said:

I see a lot of old sods at work that never go home.  The single guys leave at 4 but the married losers stay until 5, 6 or even 7.  Sad-faced broken men that eat dinner at work 'to avoid the traffic'.  Anything to avoid going home to the wife.

How about you?  Did you fall for marriage or are you still a free and happy quality tourist?

Bit of a mixture for me.....married for 14 years, 'became' a single dad of four youngsters. Single for 13 years whilst the kids grew up...then kicked the a**e out of being single again until I remarried.