Pink I.D Card & Yellow Book

Wow, my first thread went off the rails it seems !

An update,

I went to the local office to ask what they needed. Woman, there looked at my work permit and then my passport.

Now, in my passport, there are a few bits of paper stapled inside, all done by immigration. Some white, some blue. I think some are receipts and some reminders.

The company I work for that got the work permit used an address in Bangkok. This address is in my passport on one of the bits of paper.

The woman sees this and then says "Can't do" as I am registered in Bangkok.

So I went away and contacted my company. Now I did forget that my TM30 I did online and it's for the correct address (not Bangkok) and falls under the local office.

Since then I used an agent in Bangkok to get a Thai driver's licence for a car and motorbike. To get this the agent got me a residence certificate. This is at the correct address (not Bangkok) 

So, I think I will go back to the local office again with said residence certificate and TM30 to try again.

I will say when me and the wife went in the place was usually empty, it is usually full of people.  One woman was watching videos on her laptop and seemed slightly annoyed when a couple walked in.  I got the impression they don't get many farangs with Thai wives asking for pink ID cards and yellow books so it could be the old "I don't know what I am doing to just give an excuse and get rid of them" line.

• Confused 2

34 minutes ago, Bangkok Black said:

Wow, my first thread went off the rails it seems !

An update,

I went to the local office to ask what they needed. Woman, there looked at my work permit and then my passport.

Now, in my passport, there are a few bits of paper stapled inside, all done by immigration. Some white, some blue. I think some are receipts and some reminders.

The company I work for that got the work permit used an address in Bangkok. This address is in my passport on one of the bits of paper.

The woman sees this and then says "Can't do" as I am registered in Bangkok.

So I went away and contacted my company. Now I did forget that my TM30 I did online and it's for the correct address (not Bangkok) and falls under the local office.

Since then I used an agent in Bangkok to get a Thai driver's licence for a car and motorbike. To get this the agent got me a residence certificate. This is at the correct address (not Bangkok) 

So, I think I will go back to the local office again with said residence certificate and TM30 to try again.

I will say when me and the wife went in the place was usually empty, it is usually full of people.  One woman was watching videos on her laptop and seemed slightly annoyed when a couple walked in.  I got the impression they don't get many farangs with Thai wives asking for pink ID cards and yellow books so it could be the old "I don't know what I am doing to just give an excuse and get rid of them" line.

All you should have in the back of your passport is the receipt of your TM30 and due 90 day report receipt.

The blue slips are payment receipts, take them out.

Most amphoes now request Embassy certified copies of your Passport data page and birth certificate (with parents names).
These then need translating to Thai, then the documents legalising by the Consular section of the MFA.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

Just now, Liquorice said:

All you should have in the back of your passport is the receipt of your TM30 and due 90 day report receipt.

The blue slips are payment receipts, take them out.

Most amphoes now request Embassy certified copies of your Passport data page and birth certificate (with parents names).
These then need translating to Thai, then the documents legalising by the Consular section of the MFA.

Ah right, so the blue ones do not need to be in there, ok good I did wonder. I got about 5 pages of those now 555.

One of the white bits I think is the reminder of the next date for 90-day reporting.

As for embassy copies of the passport, the woman on the day didn't mention anything about that.

so next time I go with the wife I won't mention that and see what happens.

1 minute ago, Bangkok Black said:

Ah right, so the blue ones do not need to be in there, ok good I did wonder. I got about 5 pages of those now 555.

One of the white bits I think is the reminder of the next date for 90-day reporting.

As for embassy copies of the passport, the woman on the day didn't mention anything about that.

Your work permit must have the address of your place of employment, which is nothing to do with your residential address.

My guess she saw your work permit address, so correctly stated 'no can do'.

Is your house owned by your wife?

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Bangkok Black said:

She is in the blue book,

The address the woman saw was in my passport

Many Thais can be in a Blue book.

Is the house owned by you, rented, or a family home.

Is your wife registered on the first page after the address as the 'householder' of the Blue book.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Liquorice said:

Many Thais can be in a Blue book.

Is the house owned by you, rented, or a family home.

Is your wife registered on the first page after the address as the 'householder' of the Blue book.

I will check and come back later

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Bangkok Black said:

I will check and come back later

Its relevance is that in order to apply for a YB and ID card, the person responsible for the Blue book and named as the householder (first page after address) must sign a form at the Amphoes consenting to you using their address. Without this consent, you cannot apply.

1 hour ago, Bangkok Black said:

Don't put ideas in their heads. Keep quiet and polite and await their requirements list. Anything unusual, post here for feedback.