Thaivisa Bbq Party In Chiang Mai

richard10365

I don't drink, and I won't be driving, but if I did, I'd be assuming that same local constabulary will be looking to stitch up those that do. It would be like shooting fish in a barrel, so I hope everyone has made appropriate transportation plans.

Good point, well presented!

JxP

I don't drink, and I won't be driving, but if I did, I'd be assuming that same local constabulary will be looking to stitch up those that do. It would be like shooting fish in a barrel, so I hope everyone has made appropriate transportation plans.

At the last local body election I know of three places that were open.

One bar was asked to shut at midnight.One was open till one(With no visit from the BIB) and another was open till the wee small hours,because the local constabulary were in there.....

No worries! To be on the safe side, the venue has obtained permission from the authorities.

As did mine for Christmas Day 1999 - a rather notorious election date in Chiangmai's history that emptied the city of tourists immediately before the 1999/2000 Millenial New Year that should have been the mega party of all mega parties, and became an extremely soggy squib instead.

Rumour in the higher echelons of the constabulary is that they are noting who and where is requesting "special consideration" and ensuring they will be visited en-masse with TV cameras in-tow.

Current advice from those with inside tracks is to change the date -1 or +1 or buy a very large surplus lot of oversize ceramic coffee mugs.

Been there - done that - worked for me (more times than I can count)

Gaz

No worries! To be on the safe side, the venue has obtained permission from the authorities.

As did mine for Christmas Day 1999 - a rather notorious election date in Chiangmai's history that emptied the city of tourists immediately before the 1999/2000 Millenial New Year that should have been the mega party of all mega parties, and became an extremely soggy squib instead.

Rumour in the higher echelons of the constabulary is that they are noting who and where is requesting "special consideration" and ensuring they will be visited en-masse with TV cameras in-tow.

Current advice from those with inside tracks is to change the date -1 or +1 or buy a very large surplus lot of oversize ceramic coffee mugs.

Been there - done that - worked for me (more times than I can count)

Gaz

Gaz

I've highlighted (in bold) something above, I think it's relevant!

JxP