The Best Comedy Shows Ever?

garro

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

some good stuff alreday mentioned... and some dross! Did i really read Jasper Carrots name?

for me..

Fawlty Towers

South Park

Trigger Happy TV

Alan Partridge (although a bit patchy)

Peep show (if you havent seen it its worth downloading... very very funny)

some good stuff alreday mentioned... and some dross! Did i really read Jasper Carrots name?

for me..

Fawlty Towers

South Park

Trigger Happy TV

Alan Partridge (although a bit patchy)

Peep show (if you havent seen it its worth downloading... very very funny)

tommy cooper

mike yarwood

dickie henderson

benny hill....................

Fawlty Towers

One Foot in The Grave

Blackadder

Only Fools and Horses

Seinfield

Men Behaving Badly

:o Somchai, Sparky, Somchai II and The Raging Flame on Turdvisions English Premier league coverage. Oh....they're not classed as comedy? :D

"round the horne" and "I'm sorry i havent a clue" from bbc radio

and from tv , in no particular order.

reggie perrin

rab c nesbitt

dinner ladies

blackadder

bottom

the office

hogans heroes

bilko

frasier

one foot in the grave

dads army

peter cook and dudley moore

the league of gentlemen

shooting stars with reeves and mortimer.

Edited by taxexile

Interesting, if you look at the one common series on most people's list it is Fawlty Towers. I would venture that this is probably the funniest show of all time, worldwide. Gut splitting at times. Too bad it was so short.

Two great characters:

post-44377-1187265831.jpg

post-44377-1187265861_thumb.jpg

And John Cleese is fantastic on the big screen too. Who can forget "A Fish called Wanda?"

I too feel that Fawlty Towers was the funniest show of all time!

Interesting, if you look at the one common series on most people's list it is Fawlty Towers. I would venture that this is probably the funniest show of all time, worldwide. Gut splitting at times. Too bad it was so short.

Two great characters:

And John Cleese is fantastic on the big screen too. Who can forget "A Fish called Wanda?"

I'd say the fact that Fawlty Towers was only a very short run is one of the reasons that people have so much affection for it.It never ran long enough to get tired, and every episode was a classic.

The sad thing is, that in these PC days, it probably would never get shown again on the BBC.

<snip>

The sad thing is, that in these PC days, it probably would never get shown again on the BBC.

Don't agree with that, however, this year, John Cleese and Andrew Sachs reprised their roles for a six episode long corporate video for Norwegian oil company Statoil. In the video, Fawlty is now running a restaurant called "Basil's Brasserie", whilst Manuel owns a Michelin Stared restaurant in London.

Regards

/edit format//

Edited by A_Traveller

The beauty of great shows like Fawlty Towers is the godsend writing, so timeless and well thought. I probably seen every episode 40 times over a span of 20 years, and I still laughing my pants off.

On the other hand I loved Fresh Prince in Bel air as a teenager, when I catch a re-run nowadays, I wonder why I laughed the first time.

For shows that been on "for years", no show beats the consistency of Seinfeld.

"Basil: Mr Carnegie the scavenger gourmet from…?

Mr Carnegie: The Public Health Department."

Two great characters:

I'd say the fact that Fawlty Towers was only a very short run is one of the reasons that people have so much affection for it.It never ran long enough to get tired, and every episode was a classic.

I almost forgot, one of the funniest series I saw was "Scare Tactics" where they set people up and caught them on camera having the &lt;deleted&gt; scared out of them.

I remember one show where a real gorilla at a zoo was replaced by an actor in a realisitc gorilla suit who started going ape in his large enclosure, eventually breaking down the gate and chasing and cornering helpless victims before revealing his true identity. :o

Is this the series presented by Shannon Doherty from 90210................. if it is, then the premise of the show was a good idea but the presentation was mediocre to say the least....... Good enough for UBC maybe but it really was dire entertainment

But I do recall seeing a japanese show of a similiar ilk where they had a guy dressed up as a mechanical boxer in an arcade boxing machine. People would come along and spar and would then be caught out by a quick rabbit punch when they where not looking.................... that was until a punter, who happened to be a semi pro boxer had a go and beat the living day lights out of the guy

Now that was funny

JAF

:o:D:D Yes, I guess you're right. Tony Danza is an incredible talent with impeccable comic abilities. I often feel insecure when someone as handsome as he appears on high quality sitcoms like Who's the Boss. I feel personally slighted as a result of his winning smile and tight jeans.

Let me withdraw my comment and extend all apologies to Tony and his family. But I will go on the record and state that I am a very handsome man; my wife says so and my mother will back her up :D:D

:o:D:D Yes, I guess you're right. Tony Danza is an incredible talent with impeccable comic abilities. I often feel insecure when someone as handsome as he appears on high quality sitcoms like Who's the Boss. I feel personally slighted as a result of his winning smile and tight jeans.

Let me withdraw my comment and extend all apologies to Tony and his family. But I will go on the record and state that I am a very handsome man; my wife says so and my mother will back her up :o:D

:bah: Am speechless! A man agrees on something without a fight ?????????!!!!!!!! And then apologizes for a trivial issue !!!!

:D OMG!!!!!!!

:bah: IS this is a real post??