Laptop Repair

ricklev

• 3 weeks later...
Any suggestions for a place or person that can do some minor repairs to my laptop at Icon? Icon is close to my house, but if you somewhere else that would be great also.

Thanks!

Any feed back on where you went, where you satisfied with service / price? Also what was wrong with it? Just asking :o

didnt want to hijack this thread, but slightly off topic,

where could I get my laptop battery re-celled? And at what cost?

A replacement would cost 2,500-3,000 baht, but I have seen a video clip showing the guy replacing the cells (batteries) for about a 1/3 of the replacement cost and an exact copy of performance etc. video here

Dont think Im capable of doing myself due to the horror stories I have heard about laptop battery fires.

cheers

didnt want to hijack this thread, but slightly off topic,

where could I get my laptop battery re-celled? And at what cost?

A replacement would cost 2,500-3,000 baht, but I have seen a video clip showing the guy replacing the cells (batteries) for about a 1/3 of the replacement cost and an exact copy of performance etc. video here

Dont think Im capable of doing myself due to the horror stories I have heard about laptop battery fires.

cheers

There's a place in Pantip at the other end to the circular hole (ie the Office Depot end) on the 2nd or third floor, pretty much adjacent to the escalator who is good with laptop batteries, although some simply can't be re-celled I'm told. Sadly mine was one of these so I'm about to send off to HK for a replacement (£21 + shipping) via a supplier on eBay.