Life Is Worth Living Again!

p1p

Ouan He Ha, for many, many years my favourite eatery in Chiang Mai has, at last , re-opened. For those who don't remember, they were the first large seafood restaurant on the right in Anusarn Market as you entered from Changklan Road. Criminally closed by the Anusarn owners when they decided to increase the touristness of the place.

In the intervening period I have tried and been disappointed by many other Anusarn and other seafood eateries and almost given up on GOOD seafood. (With all due apologies to Im Pla Pao, a local to my home that has never quite got it right for me.)

Ouan He Ha is now in a larger premises with their own good-sized car park in Changklan Road almost opposite Georgios on the opposite side of the lights from the Bizarre night market. They are much as they were, open to the elements, with their chefs slaving in a glass-screened kitchen, overseen by the owner. The important staff have returned too, which was a huge relief when we went to the new venue for the first time last night.

the food was as good as we remembered. We had all our favourites, Fish head Tom yum, Large crab with curry, Bass cooked to my own specifications, Fresh oysters and Or Suan, the gooey, crispy outside oyster pancake and several others plus fried rice with crab and prawns. Too much food for four of us to finish came to 1,600 Baht including wine and beer.

We were every bit as happy with the sweet freshness of the seafood and the sublime cooking as we were at their original site. Perhaps even more so because it felt like coming home again.

Yup it has been opened for a good 4 months now and I believe Mickmac posted as such in the good places to eat section. I have eaten there probably 6 times and only once were they busy but hopefully word continues to spread and they get the custom they deserve. Location is against them (especially compared to Anusarn spot) but as long as they carry on as they have started they just may get to grow but reaching the sort of levels of business they had in Anusarn is surely out of reach but good luck to them.

Look for the bright yellow sign.

Trek down Changklan with the traffic until the market just about finishes and you hit the lights. Pantip Plaza will be on your right side. Go straight across the lights and its 100 yards up on the left side. Look for the bright yellow sign (easier at night I know) and park on the adjacent lot just beyond. You are there.

Ouan He Ha is now in a larger premises with their own good-sized car park in Changklan Road almost opposite Georgios on the opposite side of the lights from the Bizarre night market. They are much as they were, open to the elements, with their chefs slaving in a glass-screened kitchen, overseen by the owner.

Tried the new place a couple of months back - still as they were and very good value

For my good lady's birthday we went there for dinner. Her sister and sister's husband wanted to go to the main seafood place inside the Anusarn but against their will I dragged them down the road to this place. They have been back twice since the 25 of last month - so I guess they really did like it. The food is great and I think this place has a better location for them with the carpark and away from the rabble horde of nick nack buyers in the Anusarn.