Tour Guide Business And Amendments To Fba 1999

Hi, i've been reading the thai government sites and it seems the tour guide business is going to be removed from the list 3 of the foreign business act

of 1999.

If approved, foreigners will be able to own 100% of a tour operating business.

My question is, does it mean a foreigner can be a tour guide or it is still prohibited to foreigners by the Royal Decree?

Greatly appreciate if anyone can shed some light on this.

Thanks

Paul.

Hi, i've been reading the thai government sites and it seems the tour guide business is going to be removed from the list 3 of the foreign business act

of 1999.

Not done yet. They are still talking about the content of this famous List 3 (here).

Even if they relax List 3, I bet that they will still block work permit for guide... :o

thanks for the reply.

One question. As foreigners we are not allowed to work as tour guide but we are allowed to own 49.99% of a tour agency.

Does it mean we can apply work permit as a shareholder in the tour company? Because it does not make sense to allow foreigners to

own 49.99% if they are not allowed any work permit.

Thanks,

Paul.

It's perfectly normal for someone to have an investment without working.

That being said - in order for you to get a work permit, the company must have 2 million baht in registered capital for each work permit they want to issue. There is also a requirement for a minimum number of Thai employees (4, as I recall).