Vientiane Laos for Thai Visa

Booked a flight to Udon Wed- return Friday. Just heard that Friday is a holiday? Staying until Monday is a last resort, but can anyone recommend the "One day Visa" service? (I know one hotel that offers it, 5000B, but i guess 3000 because visa is free...) I may do it on Thursday, so I can still fly home on Friday. Can't afford the time at the moment. Any advice here?

For same day service that will cost you THB 4,000... There are plenty of agents now, in front the consulate... just shop around :D

Sorry, I am not giving anymore my own contact to anyone... and this, just because some idiots wasted his (and my) time :)

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

You can have my contact. :D

Mr Kiettiphoum +856 20541 6904

Local 020 541 6904

Fee is 3000bt if via taxi driver or 2000bt if you call him direct from the border... before you get in a taxi.

Go straight to the consulate from the border.

Note; there are still local taxi drivers who don't know the location of the new consulate.

He speaks good English and should be hanging around outside the consulate early A.M.

Cheers :)

Lao SIM cards http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/index.php?s=...t&p=3082752

Edited by GungaDin

Local 020 541 6904

Fee is 3000bt if via taxi driver or 2000bt if you call him direct from the border... before you get in a taxi.

Note; there are still local taxi drivers who don't know the location of the new consulate.

He speaks good English and should be hanging around outside the consulate early A.M.

Cheers :)

Thanks for that. Will use him. I will arrive tomrow night, Wed night, so can i give him my PP that eve? About 8-9pm. Or meet him in morning, give to him in front of embassy and wait for him to come out? I will stay at Gianni's guest house near the consulate. And what time will he have it ready by? I will try and borrow someones phone at the border, with Laos sim, if I cannot connect with my Dtac sim from thai. So you mean he will pick me up from the border, and its 1000B cheaper? Right on. Thanks again.

By the way, if using a Dtac sim from bkk, what are the first digits to dial for Laos? 08 56 20541 6904?

Edited by Green

...For same day service that will cost you THB 4,000 So I guess getting them to remove the Employment Prohibited remarks must cost extra, Kuhn Michel

Sorry Mr. Jazzbo, I was just answering to another member who asked for a quick visa issue.

Otherwise, "employement prohibited" does not refrain me to employ - and salary- my three domestic staff :)

Local 020 541 6904

Cheers :D

Thanks for that. Will use him. I will arrive tomrow night, Wed night, so can i give him my PP that eve? About 8-9pm. Or meet him in morning, give to him in front of *embassy *and wait for him to come out? I will stay at Gianni's guest house near the consulate. And what time will he have it ready by? I will try and borrow someones phone at the border, with Laos sim, if I cannot connect with my Dtac sim from thai. So you mean he will pick me up from the border, and its 1000B cheaper? Right on. Thanks again. *CONSULATE*

By the way, if using a Dtac sim from bkk, what are the first digits to dial for Laos? 08 56 20541 6904?

Not sure about same day service, I gave it too him late wednesday arvo and got it back Friday arvo.

My taxi driver intro'ed him to me, hence the 3000bt fee, the taxi driver got 1000bt finders fee.

He will NOT pick you up at the border, he's an visa agent, not a taxi. :D:D

I have listed the Intl number and his local number above.

Take a picture of him (headshot) with your mobile phone, when he collects your passport.

(he will think that you are well travelled :) )

He's a young guy with a shaven head and well spoken. Probably drives a Porsche........

Good luck! :D

P.S. Do you know what a plus (+) means in front of a number?

are they charging for the double entry tourist visas again? If so, how much are they?

They, who?

The Thai consulate in Vientiane charges nothing for the double-entry tourist visa. If you choose not to go to consulate yourself but employ a messenger/agent, you will have to pay this person for his services.

--

Maestro

...P.S. Do you know what a plus (+) means in front of a number?

Hey

leaves you the space to enter the proper code, e.g (+)44 22222

If you call from Thailand you have to ring 00144 22222

From any European countries 00 44 22222

Hey

It leaves you the space to enter the proper code, e.g +44 22222 (edited)

If you call from Thailand you have to ring 00144 22222 (from a landline)

From any European countries 00 44 22222 etc.

My q was addressed to Greenie.

To call the agent from Thailand on your mobile, you enter +856 20541 6904 (without spaces)

Don't confuse the issue with more info than required. :)

My taxi driver intro'ed him to me, hence the 3000bt fee, the taxi driver got 1000bt finders fee.

He's a young guy with a shaven head and well spoken. Probably drives a Porsche........

Good luck! :)

At those prices, if he doesn't already, he soon will be driving a Porsche.

My agent will pick me up at the border and deliver me to my hotel AND deliver the passport the next day AND drive me to the border the next day for 500 baht...all in aircondioned comfort.

Your agent is making an absolute killing. Anything more than 1000 baht is a total ripoff. In Penang they do it for 200 baht.

People should remain realistic about how much money they throw around and not be presenting themselves as Santa Claus.

Good luck! :)

At those prices, if he doesn't already, he soon will be driving a Porsche.

My agent will pick me up at the border and deliver me to my hotel AND deliver the passport the next day AND drive me to the border the next day for 500 baht...all in aircondioned comfort.

Your agent is making an absolute killing. Anything more than 1000 baht is a total ripoff. In Penang they do it for 200 baht.

People should remain realistic about how much money they throw around and not be presenting themselves as Santa Claus.

So, share your info and stop being a plik. :D

Might be worth telling your agent that if you don't have the red stamp when returned, you'll give him 500b or 1000b tip.

Maybe he can donate some to the deciding officer.

Might improve your chances.

Edited by Yimmy

Might be worth telling your agent that if you don't have the red stamp when returned, you'll give him 500b or 1000b tip.

Maybe he can donate some to the deciding officer.

Might improve your chances.

I didn't get a red stamp, however my gf didn't get a visa. He cannot circumvent the normal application process. The consulate has the ultimate say on who gets what.

He just jumps the queue and does the basic leg work for you.

Hey

To call the agent from Thailand on your mobile, you enter +856 20541 6904 (without spaces)

Don't confuse the issue with more info than required. :)

The least you could have done was to say thank you

You have asked a question regarding the (+) before the number

I have answered

Therefore I was not adding more info, thus confusion to the topic

By the way, you are not allowed to partially produce a comment (otherwise you would have noticed that you had asked the question related to my answer) and, as you put it, :D

Hey

Don't confuse the issue with more info than required. :D

I have answered

By the way, you are not allowed to partially produce a comment (otherwise you would have noticed that you had asked the question related to my answer) and, as you put it, :D

(Again) My question was directed to Greenie, not you or anyone else...is English too hard for you to understand?

Line 5: Oh dear! ........ :)

I see they changed the stamp. In the old stamp they indicated the number of entries with tourist visas, the new stamp doesn’t have this.

gallery_21260_1006_1836.jpg

med_gallery_21260_1006_31137.jpg

--

Maestro

Perhaps they've decided it's too much work to go through a crowded passport and count actual entries. Now they can just flick through a passport and quickly count them.

I had a single entry and 3 double entry tourist visas back-to-back yet obtained my new visa on Wednesday Oct 21 without a red stamp.

So what's the story does using agents prevent you from getting the dreaded red stamp of death or not?

I'm only speaking from experience of my own agent, but I don't believe they have any sway when it comes to the application process. My Filipino GF couldn't get a visa even with an agent.

The agent jumps the queue and picks up the passport the next day. It's bascially just an express service. What happens with the application is up to the consulate officials.

Hey

Don't confuse the issue with more info than required. :D

I have answered

(Again) My question was directed to Greenie, not you or anyone else...is English too hard for you to understand?

Line 5: Oh dear! ........ :)

Ooops

I am so sorry

I am not British so maybe this is why I did not understand you the first time

Ooops but our cultures are similar so....I would have expected you to have thanked anyone for any answers given as one tries to help when one posts

And....no....your question was not directly addressed to the OP....so I did answe :D r

And...yes....you are welcome

And....no....I have no answers for the regarding topic withholding the ++ before a number

So have a nice day; I guess I will drop the matter as it doesn't help the topic and it might bother other readers

Take care

By the way, as I said it earlier you are not alloxed to modify original posts either by presenting portions of it or highlight it (from what I have read in the rules section of the TV) :D

Hi all,

After discovering that Friday was a holiday, I had to jump on the bus to go to Vientiane Tuesday afternoon.

I live North of Khon Kaen city and caught a bus to Udon. I wasn't sure if the bus station would have a service to Vientiane or not.

Of course as soon as I got off the bus at Udon, the ####ing Tuk Tuk drivers won't give you time to think. One TukTuk driver insisted that there wasn't a bus from this station until the evening and that he would take me to another place where I could get a bus at 4PM. I'm trying to walk outside to have a cigarette and this man just would not leave me alone. jabbering all the time! I just kept walking and he gave up finally.

I went to the section with the ticket windows and there I found that there was a bus leaving for Vientiane at 4PM, so I bought my ticket (80 Baht plus 5 Baht overtime fee)

Bus arrived at Morning market, Vientiane at just after 6PM

The last time I went for a visa, I noted that there was a guesthouse near the consulate, it may have been Gianni's guest house, that somebody else has mentioned. I thought that it sounded Italian anyway.

I told the TukTuk driver that I wanted to go to the consulate as there was a guesthouse very near. He wanted 100 Baht, but we settled on 40 Baht. he then took me to an hotel that was most certainly not within walking distance of the consulate. I had to insist that he took me to the consulate, and he had to stop to ask directions.

Got out near the consulate and couldn't see a sign for a guesthouse. Walked up and down asking about rooms for rent, but nobody knew of any. Somebody did point out a sign for Davon's Guest house, which is down an alley directly opposite the consulate road junction. Walked down the alley, but no sign of an office or anything. I had to walk the full length, asking everyone and right at the bottom, found the lady in charge.

She showed me what they had to offer and I must say I was quite impressed. I'm not sure whether this was Davon's or not but it was a house with a room downstairs plus bathroom. Fridge, kettle, crockery etc and TV. Upstairs there were 2 bedrooms and another bathroom. Rooms are 500 Baht, so I stayed in a house for 2 nights for 1000 Baht. The TukTuk driver had followed me all the way and somehow managed to get 100 Baht commission! This place is probably ideal for 2 mates who want a place to stay close to the consulate and not interested in any nightlife. Drawbacks - there are only hard kitchen chairs to sit on to watch TV, so a bit hard on your butt. Also the lady who booked me in could not speak any English, so you, or one of your party will need to speak Thai or Lao. Apparently, the place is owned by a German and his Lao wife, but I never saw either. If you are travelling singly, you would maybe have to share with a stranger. Walk out of the alley and turn left and you will find a quite well stocked minimart on the opposite side of the road, so can get coffee, bread, cheeses, beer etc.

There's a restaurant on the main road called something like Kabayan run by a Phillipino called Tony. That has rooms also, but no sign.

I was expecting it to be very busy and so I was among the first to arrive at the consulate Wednesday morning.

Gates opened at 8-30 and I was out by 8-50.

You do NOT need a photocopy of Laos visa.

I would guess that there were only about 100 people applying for a visa, but I did see a couple of agents with about 10 or 20 applications.

Be careful when glueing your photos (2) to the form, if they are a little oversized they will cover the section where you fill in number of entries - if this happens you may run the risk of only getting one entry. I actually wrote "2 entries" just below the photos.

I didn't rush the next day as there were not so many people applying, but they opened the gates 10 minutes late and then there was some sort of holdup, I think when a man was questioning why he only got a single when he applied for a double entry.

I didn't hear anyone mention that they got the red stamp, in fact a man that had been here for nearly 3 years on back to back tourist visas didn't get one. Seems to be a bit of a lottery. This is only my second double entry, so I didn't really expect to get a stamp and I was right.

Outside at 1-40 PM and wanted a TukTuk to the morning market. They wanted 30 Baht, but they wait for 5 passengers or 120 Baht if they take you alone. I just walked a little further and one of them came running and took me for 40 Baht.

2 PM bus to Udon was full, so had to wait for the next one at 4PM. I was stupid, as I didn't think about getting the 2-45 bus to Khon Kaen. Even though it would take me further than I wanted to go and I would have had to have backtracked, it would probably have been a lot quicker as it is direct.

And....no....your question was not directly addressed to the OP....so I did answe :D r

It was, and if you don't understand that, when there are only 2 names in a post, I suggest you MYOB in future.

I'm sure you have someone to translate this post into your own language:

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/index.php?s=...t&p=3087590

Note the 2 names, Mine and Greenie, ok!

End of this stupid discourse! :)