Thai/farang Marriages- Western Men Living In Thailand

megan1514

Hi,

I'm an American graduate student conducting thesis research on Thai/Farang marriages in Thailand in order to learn more about the experiences of people and how they decided to settle in Thailand. Outside of Thailand, most of what people hear about cross-cultural marriages is about Thai women migrating to the West to marry. But people inside Thailand know that this is not the whole story as a lot of Western men married to Thai women have settled here.

If you are a Western man living in Thailand and married to a Thai woman, I would like to speak with you about your experiences of marriage, cultural adjustment and your living situation in Thailand. I want to find out the stories behind the men who are moving to Thailand in order to produce an accurate, unbiased understanding of these marriages and moves. If you are interested in sharing your story, I will be in Chiang Mai December 29-January 1. The interview would last about one hour and would be arranged for a time and place most convenient for you. All information you provide will be kept confidential, and your name would not be associated with anything you say.

If you have any questions or would be willing to help me with this project by meeting me for an interview, please send me a message or an ***email removed per forum rules** Thanks so much for your time!

Best,

Megan

Edited by sbk