Places To Stay/visit On A Short Trip

sweetchariot

Hi Guys and Girls,

I have lived in Pattaya for nearly 2 years, and never visited CM. I have my parents here for a few weeks, and we are looking at flying up to Chiang Rai to see the fiancee's family, then driving down to Chiang Mai to spend 3 or 4 nights, and flying back from there.

As a CM virgin I would really appreciate any tips on where to stay, and go. I know you are surrounded by beautiful parks, rivers, and mountains etc. but it is so hard to find a good guide so I thought I would go straight to the horse's mouth.

Any tips will be very gratefully received, please remember this is a very short trip. I have 'lurked' on your forum before and know that the vast majority are very well informed, and generally very helpful.

Any links to good touristic maps would be good also.

Merry Christmas, and thankyou in advance.

Hi,

Have you looked at the pinned subject already?

* Days out

* Places to eat

* Road maps

Anyway, out the top of my head:

Sankhampeang hotsprings: nice environment and opportunity to take a bath, massage and/or swim

Bor Sang, the Umbrella village

Huay Thung Tao: nice to walk around or sit and eat at the lake.

Temples: Wat Phra Sing, wat Umong, Wat Chedi Luang, etc

On top of Doi Suthep the temple and/or walk up the mountain through the forest.

Drive through Samoeng area with Orchid farm, elephant camp, Bungy jumping, and pass the Care for Dogs shelter and donate :o

Ob khan National Park

Night bazar and walking street

Hope this helps you on the way.

Nienke

On my MUST list of places to take visitors to CM is the Elephant Conservatory in Lampang. Feed the beasts, nice show, tke an elephant ride in he jungle. pleasant, easy 1.5 hour drive from CM over the mountains. Maybe stop at local markets to explore.