Work Permit

I was told that you can no longer get a work permit in Nathon and have to go to Surat.

Can someone confirm this and tell me where exactly it is, and if anyone has had any experience there?

thanks

Have you got the Non-Immigrant B visa already ? You need that to be able to apply for a work permit.

yes, isn't it amazing, as I heard it, they closed Samui labor office down, because there is not enough people with work permits here to service :D Would be a better idea to try to get all people working here to make work permits, instead of moving back office to Suratthani again :o

I was told that you can no longer get a work permit in Nathon and have to go to Surat.

Can someone confirm this and tell me where exactly it is, and if anyone has had any experience there?

thanks

Have you got the Non-Immigrant B visa already ? You need that to be able to apply for a work permit.

dr_Pat_Pong, I am under the impression that you have to apply for the WP, at which point they give you a receipt showing that you have applied, then you take that receipt, along with other company docutments to Penang and get the Non-B then.

Correct?

Correct Paul, the paper you get from labor dep. is called WP3. You need that before you can get you visa at Penang, also it will take around 6-7 days after you apply to get it! Not sure about location now, heard from my staff that they change location in Suratthani. I can give you an answer on location tomorrow if nobody answers before that :o

I just got my one year renewed again and had to go Suratthani. I went by Car/Ferry. The staff were very helpful at the labor office BUT only one person can sign your work permit and he decided to go out for a meeting the day I went (I also had to return again for final stamp 3 week slater and he also was out even after calling, call first make an appointment or you will wait all day just for a signature even if all papers in order.

If you are going by car the easiest way is to take the route from Donsak Ferry Pier and head to Suratthani, however turn of at the Express Highway on the left( Big sign says Krabi Route) and carry on for 20k you will see the junction opposite side saying Surathani (for those coming form Krabi/Phuket route, but you will have U turn back on yourself Surrathani on the right side and back track less than 1-2 K to find the turn of for ( The Ratchapat University Road) and the Labor office is 5 mins from there on the right, that's much easier than driving into Suratthani town way form Don Sak (but up to you).By the way there is a photo copy shop 200 m on the left before reaching the Labour dept if you need once inside and they ask for extra copies.

Good luck

We just applied for a wp for a new employee in my wifes company and according to the atthorneys in Bophut they have to get it from surat-thani. Been going on for 6 weeks now and still no wp arrived.... :o . As usuall exctra costs and delays.

Buisness in Thailand, have to love it. :D

When you apply for the WP in order to get the receipt, do you have to submit all paperwork then? Or do you just fill out the WP3 and when you come back you give them all supporting documents.

The reason I ask is I am going to Penang to get my Non-B visa and was told I need this receipt in order to get said visa. I was told you hand them the WP3 and they give you a piece of paper stating you have applied for a WP so therefore you can now get a Non-B.

Thanks

Actually the WP3 is confirmation that you get a WP.

Speak to your lawyer, do not try to do this by your self.

And the first Non-B you get in Penang is only for 3-months.

When you have the 3-months Non-B, you will get your WP.

Bring your WP to Penang (yes, you must go one more time) and you get your 1-year Non-B (maybe...)

reason edit: more info

Edited by PoorSucker

• 2 weeks later...

Bring your WP to Penang (yes, you must go one more time) and you get your 1-year Non-B (maybe...)

Yeah, i think that is a maybe. After my first 3 month non-b i got just a six month (3 month 2 entries). Probably i would have got a year after that ( or at least a multiple entry non-:o, thats what i was told. Never saw the end of that story since i thought it was easier to use my wife for a non-o.

Anyway, a bit old thread so perhaps mr allen already solved his problems. Otherwise i do highly reccomend the visa section where a guy called lopburi3 knows practicly everything about visa-rules and post regulary.

Good luck

Yeah, i think that is a maybe. After my first 3 month non-b i got just a six month (3 month 2 entries). Probably i would have got a year after that ( or at least a multiple entry non- :o , thats what i was told. Never saw the end of that story since i thought it was easier to use my wife for a non-o.

Anyway, a bit old thread so perhaps mr allen already solved his problems. Otherwise i do highly reccomend the visa section where a guy called lopburi3 knows practicly everything about visa-rules and post regulary.

Good luck

i never had any wp3 when i got my last work permit. had a stack of company papers showing location etc but definetely never applied for a work permit prior to going to penang and still got my non-imm B.