Spouse Visa Application

I have a friend who lives nearby me in Thailand who is presently in Oz trying to qualify to get his permanant residency visa. Although he first moved to Oz in the early 60s he has never taken out citizenship and has been relying on his perm residency visa all this time. Now as he has been living in SE Asia for the past 15 or so years the immigration dept have cracked down on him and told him that he has to remain in Oz for 2 of the 5 years to retain this visa.

• Replies 216
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

wilbur4343:

JetStar is direct Bangkok to MEL about 9 hours and I think you are right that the only other non-stop is "Thai"

Can't help with the Supermarket situation between Dandy and Morwell.

Although Springvale is mainly a Vietnamese area for shopping, there is a few Thai specific places and amongst the Viet groceries, they carry a fair bit of Thai goods as well.

One of the Thai places also carries a huge stock of Thai VHS and Disc progams, also current magazines. My wife is quite occupied already!

• 1 month later...

Hi everyone,

I've been working throughout the state of recent times so I haven't added anything for a while.

The migration agent that i'm using for the appeal of our refused spouse visa application made only a couple of reccomendations to improve on our submission, that he recently reviewed. Of most note, he suggested I add my wife as a beneficiary for my superannuation fund, and optionally on to my will. Although I don't feel these are necesarry requirements for a spouse visa application, if you are in a position where you feel your application may not be strong, this is something you could use to strenthen it up a little.

Hope everyone who has had their spouse visas aprroved have settled in well with their family in OZ.

Hi everyone,

I've been working throughout the state of recent times so I haven't added anything for a while.

The migration agent that i'm using for the appeal of our refused spouse visa application made only a couple of reccomendations to improve on our submission, that he recently reviewed. Of most note, he suggested I add my wife as a beneficiary for my superannuation fund, and optionally on to my will. Although I don't feel these are necesarry requirements for a spouse visa application, if you are in a position where you feel your application may not be strong, this is something you could use to strenthen it up a little.

Hope everyone who has had their spouse visas aprroved have settled in well with their family in OZ.

Hope you get an answer on that, don't like to dampen your thoughts but I gave up in the second largest city of Korat on getting anything translated and certified and ended up going back to Bangkok.

Even a company known as Issaan Lawyers which is mostly Farang run, were not much help in Korat! Very high costs and very long turn-arounds.