Looks For New Windows (type) Mobile Phone

hotgeekus

Greetings. I am a user of a Dopod 818pro with happy results over the last two years. I am looking to upgrade for several reasons (battery doesn't hold a charge, bottom two buttons stopped working, charge slot loose, etc). I use it for calls and heavily for both word and excel. I type in meeting minutes, transfer them to the card, copy and paste into emails, etc.

Looking to upgrade to a faster processor, any recommendations, HTC touch, or touch dual. Would like the keyboard model but that is about 35k, which I have a hard time justifing for something in my pocket.

Maybe thinking of heading to MBK to trade in my dopod and also an old treo 600 to replace with a new one, anyone done this lately, and what would I expect to get for the old ones, pennies to the dollar or decent (10k?) for them?

I would like to hear the Iphone churpers here too? I have a mac book and love it, but not at work. I am not sure if an Iphone would fit my uses with a windows pc. Anyone with an idea?

I love my iPhone but it's not adequate for your use. There is no Word, no Excel, and (somewhat frustratingly) no copy-paste.

Might want to give it another look once the SDK comes out in February, but for now, it's a definite no-go.

Nokia Communicator (E91?) may be an alternative for you...