Credit Card

jingjingna, I note that you are able to use your virtual card for air tickets, that is good news, but what happens at the check in desk when they ask to see your card, as they have always done with me?

Good question. I don't recall always being asked for that, but they have a right to ask.

I wonder if showing your card along with your passbook would satisfy them? Not sure it would as the account number and card number do not match, and there is no name on the card.

jingjingna, I note that you are able to use your virtual card for air tickets, that is good news, but what happens at the check in desk when they ask to see your card, as they have always done with me?

Good question. I don't recall always being asked for that, but they have a right to ask.

I wonder if showing your card along with your passbook would satisfy them? Not sure it would as the account number and card number do not match, and there is no name on the card.

Showing your card or passbook would be a waste of time since the airline computer

would show your "virtual card" number. Simply put the virual card is ok

for Amazon, hotels etc. but not for flights where they almost always ask to see the booking card.

Naka.

The kaisikorn card can be used for international flights. When you check in you have your effective e-ticket via email and a screen print and I have carried a copy of my card details page but have not been asked for it.

Don't let people who have not used it for flights worry you. Do you think this is the only virtual credit card in the world ?

Unlike your debit card, this one does have your name on it and all the other relevant information which majically matches your passport !

For the scaremongers, what happens to the second person when I book online for two and they have no record of her credit card at all ? Nothing, because I've paid and as it is verified by visa, its about as secure as you can get.

The kaisikorn card can be used for international flights. When you check in you have your effective e-ticket via email and a screen print and I have carried a copy of my card details page but have not been asked for it.

Don't let people who have not used it for flights worry you. Do you think this is the only virtual credit card in the world ?

Unlike your debit card, this one does have your name on it and all the other relevant information which majically matches your passport !

For the scaremongers, what happens to the second person when I book online for two and they have no record of her credit card at all ? Nothing, because I've paid and as it is verified by visa, its about as secure as you can get.

I'm missing something here ... are you sure you are talking about the Kasikorn virtual card

and not the bog standard debit card ... how can a "virtual" card which does not exist in reality (you only get a number, no plastic !)

have your name on it ?

So you can actually see your virtual card ?

And regarding two people travelling together the standard rule is that the cardholder MUST fly and the other does not

need to show anything except passport.

Naka.

Edited by naka

Admittedly, I have not used this facility to book international flights. The first time I used my virtual number to book with Air Asia on an internal flight, they did ask to see the card. I explained that it is a virtual card issued by kasikorn bank in Thailand. Showed them a reciept of the transaction and that was enough to satisy them.

Would be interesting to know if International flights could be booked using the virtual service though.

• 1 year later...

OK, I see this has reared its head again.

For some airlines, Cathay Pacific is one I think, they actually state on their website booking area that if the card has been verified by Visa or the Mastercard equivalent, then it is not required at check in and thus, you are at complete liberty to use such a card to purchase flights.

Now of course, it is up to the airline to ask for the second stage verification and there is nothing we can do about it. However, we cannot show a card which does not exist. You can overcome this by printing out your card details page, which shows the name, card number, CCV number and expiry date etc. This will still not overcome problems of low intellect staff who cannot grasp the fact that such a virtual card can actually exist.

I have a Kasikorn K-Web card and a Bangkok Bank Be1st Debit Card. I've used both on the internet to make purchases. Not all sites will accept them, even though they are both registered with "Verified By Visa". It appears to me that it's not the site itself that rejects the card but the company they use to verify the card. For example, WorldPay will accept the cards. I have not used either card to purchase air tickets or book hotels, just simple purchases.