Aksorn School

M&M

My son is apparently going to start school at Aksorn School in May. I have little control over his education and am living away from LOS.

Just wondering if anyone knows this school or has heard anything about it.

Is it decent? Do they run a good English Programme?

Hope to hear positives but do let me know about any negatives also.

Thanks in advance.

M&M

My daughter has been going there for five years, my son for over a year.

This is the South Pattaya school, not Pattaya Nua.

They teach English, after a fashion, but no 'English Programme'. It is a better-class Thai school, but everything still learnt by rote, initiative discouraged.

I will probably be taking my family to the UK to complete their education in a couple of years, because I don't think the kids stand a chance of getting anywhere with their careers in Thailand with the present education system, even in the 'International' schools.

How much are the fees for 1 year in Aksorn?

WCA

Depends on age - around 10k per term, plus a bit for books and such, plus uniform(s).

Their website was all in Thai, last time I checked, but there's a glut of interpreters available - mostly of the female persuasion - in the bars.

• 3 years later...

Hi, the daughter went there until finish term earlier this year (I think Aksorn have 2 or 3 schools in Pattaya the one she went to was a little off Threppasit rd), she got on ok there, there was at least 1 Uk teacher there teaching English last year, the wife regularly checked her books thai and English when she got home and was pleased with the daughters progress,, we have since moved to another area and now paying considerably more than we were at Aksorn and the wife has noticed that the daughter is now getting English excercises that she completed halfway through the previous term at Aksorn, I can't remember for sure but I think we were paying somewhere around 12,000 per term there, while she was there I certainly never heard of any children getting beaten although I am not doubting the previous poster, maybe it was at one of the other Aksorn Schools.

Also had my step daughter ( 7 years old then ) at Aksorn school (The South Pattaya one near Jomtien ,on Threppasit Road ) .She had one hour a day of English taught by a Western teacher .She was only there for one term ,but liked it and seemed to make good progress .

She certainly was never hit by a teacher .They also have a swimming pool and give swimming lessons .

We have since moved up to Chiang Mai and thats the only reason she left .

Edited by Thaifan2

There are 3 correct. The one they call the "Pattaya School" is the newest and very nice with a great pool too.

Each school has around 3 to 4 native English speaking teachers with another who floats from school to school.

I'm just a teacher who applied there and met the EP director, Grant and he really takes it serious so I can honestly tell you that all of the teachers there are good and qualified. As far as price and teachers go I have heard only good about Aksorn schools here.

As far as some remarks about beatings etc I think that was probably an exaduration however the Thai teachers sometimes do stick to the old ways of teaching all over Thailand and the parents are aware of this.