Cable Changes - Ubc?

Upcountry

Hello, hello,

Is it me or has the cable world changed suddenly, at least north of Bangkok?

Here in upcountry Thailand I hooked up an old TV to cable yesterday. To my pleasant surprise, I found C-Span and News Hour on channel 47. Other typical channels like FOX (fair in balanced - yeah, kick me in the face!) were there.

Today I tuned in to find the channels all mixed up. There were several with the UBC logo (?!?). I found most of what I was looking for, but not C-Span or News Hour at 5pm. Ch. 11, etc, shows up several times. I see this on two TVs.

Okay, maybe it's time to reprogram the TV's to map the new channel setup, but I've seen no warning about this. I did see comments somewhere about UBC problems, and I've been wishing that they'd merge with cable somehow - but not this way! :o

A MSS Cable TV channel menu/listing shows up on several channels with different numbers for those sources I can read (not yet being a Thai reader) than what I find.

I welcome an insight people may have about this.

Thanks!

It can't be a UBC feed your getting can it? UBC doesn't have FOX or Cspan. Sounds like another cable operator is hooking into UBC for a few channels.

November is when the two new sports channels start on UBC (28+29). This is partly to be able to show more soccer and also to better group different sports e.g. motor sport will only show on one channel, snooker will only be broadcast on another specific channel, not spread over two or three etc.etc.

It can't be a UBC feed your getting can it? UBC doesn't have FOX or Cspan. Sounds like another cable operator is hooking into UBC for a few channels.

November is when the two new sports channels start on UBC (28+29). This is partly to be able to show more soccer and also to better group different sports e.g. motor sport will only show on one channel, snooker will only be broadcast on another specific channel, not spread over two or three etc.etc.

Great, just what we need... MORE soccer :o

Great, just what we need... MORE soccer :o

fvckin right :D

Apparently UBC is getting closer to a deal with ABC Asia Pacific. Hopefully we can expect that soon... in time for footy next season at least.

Ah... you beauty - :o this was exactly the reason I read this thread - hoping for some news like this. I just hope your source is on the money...