The New Honda Jazz

Today i caught my first glimpse of the new Jazz, although it was at a bit of a distance, so can't conclusively if i like it or not. It certainly looked a fair bit bigger.

I'm sure some of you however have already had a good look at it, perhaps even driven / bought it.

So i'm just wondering what your thoughts are. The model it replaces, although a bit too girly for my taste, certainly was in my opinion a bit of a ground-breaker for Thailand and became the bench-mark for others to follow. Will the new one follow that trend, or is just another small hatchback?

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I think the Honda Jazz is a great chick's car. Assume you lot are buying one for your g/f?

Yes, i agree, it's a girlie car, but why would you buy one for your g/f? She wants it, she buys it, that's what i always say, but i am an old-fashioned romantic.

I think the Honda Jazz is a great chick's car. Assume you lot are buying one for your g/f?

Yes, i agree, it's a girlie car, but why would you buy one for your g/f? She wants it, she buys it, that's what i always say, but i am an old-fashioned romantic.

Girlie car? Market share for the Jazz shows 60% driven by men

How many of those "men" have pony tails and limp wrists?

Was that supposed to be funny? This is a discussion about the quality of the car. Please move your homophobic remarks and male insecurity issues to a different forum, perhaps Health, Body and Medicine...

Now back to the discussion: The new Jazz does look a bit bigger mostly due to styling. Seeing it side-by-side to the Yaris it gets my vote. The new Kia Picanto, which is considerably cheaper, looks a bit like a toy next to the Jazz. I have not had a chance to see the new Nissan Tiida but it has some good reviews.

I just ordered one, bright red. And I don't have a limp wrist.

Simply suits me. I have a tall upper body, most small cars make me fold my neck to get in. Jazz, no pompen.

I liked the seats (top model), liked the layout in the back (the backseat also fits a tall person, and the little details, ike both USB as well as aux in for the radio, y iPod will like that.

Waiting now until June delivery.

Now back to the discussion: The new Jazz does look a bit bigger mostly due to styling. Seeing it side-by-side to the Yaris it gets my vote. The new Kia Picanto, which is considerably cheaper, looks a bit like a toy next to the Jazz. I have not had a chance to see the new Nissan Tiida but it has some good reviews.

Can anyone quote respective prices to help comparison?

Can anyone quote respective prices to help comparison?

The new model with air bags is advertised at 640,000. I have checked out four different dealers in both Bangkok and Khon Kaen. There seems to be very little room for price negotiation. Where you can seem to negotiate is with "free extras." such as window tinting etc.

Best price I was offered was 620,000 if I paid cash with no extras.

The new jazz should be a pretty nice car, with 120hp motor (lots of aftermarket parts for this car too), and new 5 speed auto with paddle shifters. If I needed a second car it would be my choice, though I'm a little tall (189 cm) and felt a bit cramped in my friend's old model jazz, even with the seat right back.

Any body got any idea what the difference is between the "S" and the "V" model is (apart from the S being cheaper!).

http://www.honda.co.th/automobile/ click on "want to buy" tab

Alloys

Height adjustable drivers seat

Rear reclining seats

A slightly better stereo head unit with USB connection and rear speakers

'switch control' on the power door locks

and a few extra seat pockets and vanity mirrors...

Not too much really

The models with 'AS' have airbags and ABS

Any body got any idea what the difference is between the "S" and the "V" model is (apart from the S being cheaper!).

http://www.honda.co.th/automobile/ click on "want to buy" tab

Alloys

Height adjustable drivers seat

Rear reclining seats

A slightly better stereo head unit with USB connection and rear speakers

'switch control' on the power door locks

and a few extra seat pockets and vanity mirrors...

Not too much really

The models with 'AS' have airbags and ABS

One important thing about the V seriies is with the folding back seats you can great room if you need to haul any large items

The new jazz should be a pretty nice car, with 120hp motor (lots of aftermarket parts for this car too), and new 5 speed auto with paddle shifters. If I needed a second car it would be my choice, though I'm a little tall (189 cm) and felt a bit cramped in my friend's old model jazz, even with the seat right back.

Odd you 'felt a bit cramped' I am 189cm and 140kg + size 48 feet, and in my Jazz CVT Sport there is pleanty of room, there is far less room in the Yaris, Avanza and Vios in fact it was almost impossible to drive these 3, in the Yaris and Avanza could not get my left foot past the brake pedal, and was glad to get out at the end of the test drives. The only other car than comes close is the Swift but that is over 1 million and the A Class is over 2 million.

So 27,000km later I still love the Jazz and still there is nothing small that I will fit in comfort for the price. I do not need or want a big car or 4x4 as we have the Isuzu 2.5 Gold Series as the work horse

Was that supposed to be funny? This is a discussion about the quality of the car. Please move your homophobic remarks and male insecurity issues to a different forum, perhaps Health, Body and Medicine...

I can't help wondering Mr D Thomas why your interest in cars when you seem to get about well enough on your politically correct high horse.

My comment about pony tails and limp wrists wasn't meant to be funny, just merely a more light-hearted way of saying that i thought that the Honda Jazz was popular with women and effeminate men. I still think that. If you want to get your knickers in a twist about my comment (i assume because you are a Jazz owner yourself), then fine, but don't try and turn it into something homophobic.

Anyway, regarding your sentiments about returning to the topic at hand, i fully agree.

Myself, i'm still awaiting a chance to give the new Jazz closer inspection. Anyone driven it yet?

I do think the Jazz is kind of ugly but as far as the interior design and space, it's hard to beat. I'd say the interior space features are probably the best engineered of any car in Thailand.

I am 189cm and 140kg + size 48 feet, and in my Jazz CVT Sport there is pleanty of room

Plenty of room for what? Might look plenty for you but people forced to sit behind you probably have a different opinion.

i thought that the Honda Jazz was popular with women and effeminate men. I still think that.
For what it's worth - I thought the girlie image of the car was down to the Honda marketing people when it was launched in Thailand. The early colors were pastels and the classic Barbie pink. I know a Thai girl that's a bit butch that has a Jazz and a real girlie girl that drives a huge pickup.

I don't think many people hang much credit on a particular car being gay/straight or girlie these days.

Choice of color is more significant - but most cars I see in Thailand are silver or gold.

Odd you 'felt a bit cramped' I am 189cm and 140kg + size 48 feet, and in my Jazz CVT Sport there is pleanty of room, there is far less room in the Yaris, Avanza and Vios in fact it was almost impossible to drive these 3, in the Yaris and Avanza could not get my left foot past the brake pedal, and was glad to get out at the end of the test drives. The only other car than comes close is the Swift but that is over 1 million and the A Class is over 2 million.

So 27,000km later I still love the Jazz and still there is nothing small that I will fit in comfort for the price. I do not need or want a big car or 4x4 as we have the Isuzu 2.5 Gold Series as the work horse

Hi Ignis, I'm 189 cm also, but I guess my legs are quite long. When I pushed the seat right back I felt like it needed to go one more click for me to be comfortable. I like a lot of space for my legs when driving, especially long distances. What's crazy is that I think my old mini with its small foot well actually gave me more leg space than the jazz. Probably I'd need to drive the jazz again to be sure. Gives a good excuse to the missus to get a genuine recaro and fit it:)

What really gets me with cars in this country is that you can't get basic safety features in a manual version. I'd love a manual, but not in this country without safety features.

I am 189cm and 140kg + size 48 feet, and in my Jazz CVT Sport there is pleanty of room

Plenty of room for what? Might look plenty for you but people forced to sit behind you probably have a different opinion.

No one is forced to sit in the back, the rear seat pads are up and no one has ever sat in the back, the floor is fine for my 3 dogs..

Yes everyone has differet needs, for me 2 seat is the max I need + always like a hatch back

So no ones got an answer????

I have ..the new Jazz looks cheap compared to last years edition….too many angles on the body shape, front looks like a birds beak ?? strange blobs on the headlights for sidelights, doors open and look too square; again cheap feel..new dash looks ok but not as well laid out in my opinion, ..Nice to have the USB post….steering wheel is from the Civic gear paddles on the steering wheel are not that user friendly (radio controls also now on the steering wheel)

Interior is bigger but when you sit in the car does not feel much bigger (in the drivers seat anyway)

Door trim is not going to wear well..seats are adjustable up/down now, steering column is adjustable also now .MASSIVE DASH...Good if you like to drink in the car..holes for cups everywhere

Engine bay is so small, goes under the massive glass windscreen now. WHY NO SUNROOF ?

2-3 months waiting list at the moment, colors are pretty bland…..white has my vote

Back of car sits too high…..overall I’m very disappointed, Honda have dropped the ball on this one

Overall quality & build are cheap :o

Myself will not be changing my Jazz CVT Sport,

what I found in the new one: It must be a bit lower as I hit my head getting in…. The engine is nosier than mine [maybe because there is only 5 gears not 7] …… It appears to be slower on the uptake then mine.. again maybe because of the gearing or the engine is still tight…. Driving at 100 km the revs are over 200 more than in mine, again expect it is the gearing..

Maybe will look again when the new 7 speed CVT is fitted later in the year…….. sure I understand why they put in the Civic gearbox, but even as a stop gap it lets the Jazz down

yeah, Poofs make up 50% :o

ummmm, anyone would think you drive a Jazz! :o