List Of Favourite Restaurants In Phuket

donna

ok to give a comparison...last night i went to ellis in rawai ...had a mixed salad and freshly made tuna and tomato pasta only drank water..total 290 baht and i was full and the food was excellent ....( i am not talking service , atmosphere etc etc just food and cost) i spent the same 290 baht at Farang as per my last posts , not only was i still hungry the food was less than average .... Ellis is good now its low season not busy ....

Does that seem spendy to anyone else? 290 for a salad, pasta and water?

We had a table of 9 last night at Salaloy, on the water at Rawai, we covered the table in dishes, way more than enough for two plates each and rang up 300thb each. Food was o.k. too, great ambiance and typically our table was the loudest for blocks around.

For foreign food, I don't think it's expensive at all. Ellis has good food, the ambience is definitely lacking, but the taste of the food makes up for it. Salaloy is a gem of a place, but it's serving Thai food...it's always cheaper to eat Thai food. giggle.gif

ok to give a comparison...last night i went to ellis in rawai ...had a mixed salad and freshly made tuna and tomato pasta only drank water..total 290 baht and i was full and the food was excellent ....( i am not talking service , atmosphere etc etc just food and cost) i spent the same 290 baht at Farang as per my last posts , not only was i still hungry the food was less than average .... Ellis is good now its low season not busy ....

We had a table of 9 last night at Salaloy, on the water at Rawai, we covered the table in dishes, way more than enough for two plates each and rang up 300thb each. Food was o.k. too, great ambiance and typically our table was the loudest for blocks around.

For foreign food, I don't think it's expensive at all. Ellis has good food, the ambience is definitely lacking, but the taste of the food makes up for it. Salaloy is a gem of a place, but it's serving Thai food...it's always cheaper to eat Thai food. giggle.gif

Not at The Boathouse Amyb !

Not at The Boathouse Amyb !

You got me there, GOM! clap2.gif

ok i went back and tried Farang again , ordered the ham pasta and green salad , the pasta was excellent but i maintain the portion sizes are ridiculously small , they are entree size ... good for a quick snack imo ....wink.png

ok i went back and tried Farang again , ordered the ham pasta and green salad , the pasta was excellent but i maintain the portion sizes are ridiculously small , they are entree size ... good for a quick snack imo ....wink.png

i am glad that you had a better experience! the food is good, and yes, the portions ARE small. but i figure it's cheap enough that you can order more than one thing off of the menu, pay a reasonable price, and still leave full.

try baan aroy ... the soi opposite nikitas in rawai .. about 100m on lhs heading to towards the temple ...good isaan food and the servings are biiigggg !! plus pleasant staff ... some of you may already eat there but for others have a try ....

by the way for something different in this coolish wet weather ..try the tortellini brodo at ellis ...bloody good .....

try baan aroy ... the soi opposite nikitas in rawai .. about 100m on lhs heading to towards the temple ...good isaan food and the servings are biiigggg !! plus pleasant staff ... some of you may already eat there but for others have a try ....

by the way for something different in this coolish wet weather ..try the tortellini brodo at ellis ...bloody good .....

Is Ellis open during the day?

YES Staff at baan aroy very lovely.wai.gif .

Had a take away from Farang in Nai Harn yesterday. Agree with previous posts, the portions were very, very small, smaller than I've seen anywhere, so decided (after reading comments here) on 2 dishes. One Spaghetti, was ok but nothing special, and one pork steak with apple sauce, was good. 2 dishes, 190 Baht, so all in all good experience.

Had a take away from Farang in Nai Harn yesterday. Agree with previous posts, the portions were very, very small, smaller than I've seen anywhere, so decided (after reading comments here) on 2 dishes. One Spaghetti, was ok but nothing special, and one pork steak with apple sauce, was good. 2 dishes, 190 Baht, so all in all good experience.

I have to be honest the portion sizes put me off going a lot of the time. 2 dishes is too much and 1 not enough....

• 2 weeks later...

I've eaten at the Farang restaurant regularly when it was located at the back of BigC and the food was excellent. It was always full. The portions were fine with me. I do go for quality over quantity though.

I have not as yet tried the branch in Sai Yuan, but see it's always full. Perhaps the custom doesn't comprise of those ordering fish and chips, pizza or pork steak in apple sauce, from this particular restaurant renowned for it's THAI/ITALIAN food, however.

I have not as yet tried the branch in Sai Yuan, but see it's always full.

Strange, since every time I pass by or eat there there is nobody else or maybe one table occupied.

Strange, since every time I pass by or eat there there is nobody else or maybe one table occupied.

I think it depends upon what time you drive by...I usually pass close to 9 p.m. and there are four to five tables full. Fair enough, I've never seen the whole place full. I like the food, though. It's quick and easy, and beats cooking when I get home so late from work!

home made pasta do not need to be cooked that long as they arent dried. 3mins might be an exageration but ive rarely waiting more than 5-6 mins there even with many other customers.

only negative is the portion are small even for infants

Then try ordering two. The average price is only around 99 baht ...

Try the evenings old chap.

I am not your old chap. And yes, I pass by in the evening, normally around 19.00 hours. As mentioned, hardly anybody there. Hope they make it though, I like the place.

home made pasta do not need to be cooked that long as they arent dried. 3mins might be an exageration but ive rarely waiting more than 5-6 mins there even with many other customers.

only negative is the portion are small even for infants

Then try ordering two. The average price is only around 99 baht ...

its what i do, i had nothing negative to say about farang. In fact i just had a 4 plate meal there for the same price id pay for a non-filling meal for 2 at MK

ok i think its been mentioned before but Kombat Cafe is worth a try , excellent beef burger or chicken burger , the thai food my gf says is also very good.... i often also grab a protein shake take away .... and not expensive ... only complaint its often full as its a tiny little place ....

i live across the street from that joint, and in the last month it's been open once. at least that i have seen. i read it has good burgers, would definitely like to try one!

Edited by amyb

closed saturdays is all i know ..... perhaps when we had power cuts they closed ......

not sure, but i will keep my eyes out as i saw a write up on the place and have been interested to try it.

went to Natural in Phuket town last week a couple of times, its the best that place the quality of the food for the price is outstanding, the added bonus is the setting .... highly recommend

• Like 2