Bangers And Bacon

bmw

Bit far to travel but next time you are in Pattaya go to Friendship supermarket on the South Road.....there is a butcher from Yorkshire whos moved here does spot on loin bacon 58 baht for 200 gms also streaky bacon same price and "proper" cumberland (in ring), pork, beef and garlic/chives sausages 145baht for 500 gms.........brand name is Yorkies. Might be worth a trip and stocking up. Anyways best ive had here. Oh he also does black pudding in slices. Just done a quick google search "yorkies jomtien" there are a few sites about his products. :o

Where the ell can I get decent sausage ...

Sorry to disagree, but I really like the many kinds of Thai-style sausages, hot, sweet, whatever. Bacon, I don't know, but never really thought to look for bacon in Thailand.

The Winking Frog on Sukhumvit soi 7. Near Nana BTS. They do a fried breakie with bacon , sausages, fried bread, beans and eggs. They also a really great mince and onion pie, beans, chips or mash with beans or peas and gravy. Very nice. The later is 210 baht. Not sure how much for breakie. Enjoy. The guy who owns it is called Derek. Off topic now but If you fancy a game of football every week then speak to him also.

The Winking Frog on Sukhumvit soi 7. Near Nana BTS. They do a fried breakie with bacon , sausages, fried bread, beans and eggs. They also a really great mince and onion pie, beans, chips or mash with beans or peas and gravy. Very nice. The later is 210 baht. Not sure how much for breakie. Enjoy. The guy who owns it is called Derek. Off topic now but If you fancy a game of football every week then speak to him also.

I've been there and have spoken to Derek. It's opposite the big, open air Thai food centre. Nice clean place, good fish 'n' chips with peas.

But the best fish 'n' chips is near Soi Cowboy - up the soi after Asoke, and towards Soi Cowboy, on the left. Forget the name, but has real cod! :o

Cheapest Guiness in town though. I think its either 129baht or 139baht a pint. Not a bad deal Happy hour from 4 to 7. Very clean and friendly. Was in there last night. Hes getting it done up and making it a raised ceiling. Also getting a big Tv screen put in. Should be finished in the next few days. Worth popping in for a few beers and soe decent food. The Thai food is also very tasty. The staff are cute and friendly and speak great English.

Villa at Soi 33 Sukhumvit stocks the Yorkies products made out of Jomtien.

If I am not mistaken Tesco Lotus in Rama 4 are about to commence stocking the Simple Simon range of bacon, sausages and pies as partof a bigger plan to expand their deli section.

Both are made by British butchers

Hope this helps.

Villa at Soi 33 Sukhumvit stocks the Yorkies products made out of Jomtien.

If I am not mistaken Tesco Lotus in Rama 4 are about to commence stocking the Simple Simon range of bacon, sausages and pies as partof a bigger plan to expand their deli section.

Both are made by British butchers

Hope this helps.

Cheers Digger.I got a PM from a guy who makes his own stuff on Soi On Nut.he dropped around last evening with some bangers and bacon.Just had a sausage sambo now and there spot on.

As George has alreaady posted if you are looking for british style back bacon then Villa is the place to go. They also keep in the odd bit of black pudding and other sausages. Can not say i have tried them.

villa also stock a fair selection of meat pies and the like - Yorkies, Big Johns,that aussie lot 24? (or some other number) and others

• 1 month later...
Where the ell can I get decent sausage and bacon here in Bangkok?

that CP stuff is RUBBISH!!!!!!!!

Try the breakfast in Gulivers (khoa san), I know it's a tacky place by night but if you want the closest to an English/American breakfast/brunch then this is the best I found by a mile (they even have brown sauce, essential), you can also catch up on recent sport all in aircon luxery. Also free internet. It became a regualr morning (opens about 11am) haunt of mine on my visits to bkk