Thai Woman Charged In Husband's Killing Out On Bail, Family Says

funfun

• Replies 335
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi Mary Jane,

I think journalists on the Daily xpress would write about this.

If you send comments and a photo of Dale and/or Nee it would help.

I hope this is not against house rules. The email for them is simply

expatpage at gmail.com

Hope you can be conveyed to her. In cases like this which are offensive to many people this sort of information needs to be put in the public arena.

We can keep this case headed in the right direction with a bit of input from all Dale's friends and others who care about what happened to him.

This doesn't have to go off the rails.

Hi Mary Jane,

I think journalists on the Daily xpress would write about this.

If you send comments and a photo of Dale and/or Nee it would help.

I hope this is not against house rules. The email for them is simply

expatpage at gmail.com

Hope you can be conveyed to her. In cases like this which are offensive to many people this sort of information needs to be put in the public arena.

We can keep this case headed in the right direction with a bit of input from all Dale's friends and others who care about what happened to him.

This doesn't have to go off the rails.

Thank you Krungthepian and for everyones input.

I will send a letter to the Daily Express. I to am hoping that his friends will band together for him, and people who care about justice. The more people that fight injustice and succeed paves the way to change. Perhaps if enough letters are sent in they will publish.

I did write to Samui Express? They covered the story in Feb. I have also written the Thailand National Human Rights Commission and will also contact the Anti-Corruption Commission...I found the website and it sounds like the perfect place to write, however, I couldn't find an e-mail address. If anyone can help me with that it would be appreciated.

Dale was a very well liked kind person. When I was in Thailand, many Thai's and farang's came to me with stories of kind things he did.

In the long run, Dale would have been more valuable alive than not to her. They were married for 5 years over that time he probably already contributed $600.000. He was climbing very fast in the oil industry (Health and Safety Manager) so in the big picture?? Besides all that he was very generous with her family, no-one went without. It's really sad.

Edited by MaryJane

Crystal/Mary-Jane,

There are a lot of people that will cast all manor of disparaging views on Thailand and the Thai people. I hope I am not being to rose-tinted in my views, but it is true that there are bad people everywhere.

Most countries also allow for bail (and often this is via a bond or lodging deeds etc). Most countries too have the principle of Innocent until proved guilty. Those countries that do not, we tend to call 'primitive' or even 'inhumane'. We must remember this.

It is also far too simplistic to say that 'money will get you out of anything' (or some such). Ask the family of Nicole Brown Simpson or her friend Ronald Goldman what they think of the OJ case in the USA. I would say, enough money can get you out of most things in most places. Of Thailand, I would say that money often does get you out of misdemeanors with the BiB (Boys in Brown - Thai cops) - indeed it is an effective way of both supporting the lowest paid civil servants and mildly slapping the perpetrator. I would also say that cops often find the easiest answer (that being the least amount of work to close the case) rather than doing any real work - another symptom of underpaying - pay peanuts...etc. However, as this is now in court and as it is unlikely an insurance company would pay her out and thus unlikely she could be classed as 'rich and powerful' I would suggest the chances of her 'buying her way out' is low.

I do think ,though, her flight chances are high. I hope her passport and ID has been confiscated at the least.

I would agree that pressure in the press and from the Embassy would help to keep things on the straight and narrow - the court would not careless about sending her down for a long time, a quick answer to it would be in their interest (and the government's) to end any bad press and speculation of corruption and/or incompetence.

On a purely selfish note, and I apologise for this to your family (looking for silver linings in such tragedy), the more press coverage it gets - especially in the Thai language press - the better for other farangs living here to show that such schemes are not always winners for the gold-digging black widows out there!

Good luck to you both (and Richard) - and may justice be served!

Crystal/Mary-Jane,

I would agree that pressure in the press and from the Embassy would help to keep things on the straight and narrow - the court would not careless about sending her down for a long time, a quick answer to it would be in their interest (and the government's) to end any bad press and speculation of corruption and/or incompetence.

On a purely selfish note, and I apologise for this to your family (looking for silver linings in such tragedy), the more press coverage it gets - especially in the Thai language press - the better for other farangs living here to show that such schemes are not always winners for the gold-digging black widows out there!

Good luck to you both (and Richard) - and may justice be served!

The squeaky wheel gets the oil

LiveSteam

Yes I agree...perseverence!! It has been a hard week. Just after I had it confirmed that SHE was released, my baby bunny "Thumper" got sick. I took her to the vet right away and he was positive about the outcome. Well Thumper died in my arms 7 hours later. Now I have to tell my Grandaughter...ouch. That is her whole new focus...Thumper. It is such a drag. As is everything that has taken place this week.

There is more but my focus has to be Dale. He was an avid animal lover. He had two cats we tamed sent from Canada to thailand...

If anyone has info on how to get a hold of Anti-Corruption commission, please let me know.

Than you

Hi,

Wolf5370 I do agree, I think justice systems all over the world fail all the time. I have no personal problem with Thailand or Thai people.

What is really frustrating for our family though is not being able to get any update's or accurate info about what's going on with the case. My other uncle is there and can't even find out what court date's are for what?? I mean he's there walking around in Nee's home town and so is she. I am glad he didn't have to run into her. I am going off topic but... Richard (Dale's brother) was on his way to visit Dale AND Nee in Thailand. I think she had Dale killed like 2 weeks before Richard was supposed to arrive, they planned there "reunion" month's in advance. and instead of a get together with his bro he got to go to his funeral. I am just so mad at her, and the thought of her walking free still spending his hard earned $$ just pisses me off. Plus her other man's family is living in one of my uncle's property's :o:D :D :D I really feel useless, I have no idea what to do or who to call or write? I know my Mom wrote all the media she could but so far only the Herald has covered this latest new's. My Uncle was Canadian, I wish Canada would maybe help with media and try to put some pressure. I have a crappy feeling this will be swept under the rug

"I think justice systems all over the world fail all the time"

Sorry but Wolfie is wrong in his post above yours

They do but cases like OJ etc arenot the norm in the USA and the likes of the UK and is why they are so sensational.

Murderers getting away with it in Thailand for nayone with the money IS the norm though - thats the problem and not outliers like the OJ case - some people really need to see the reality and stop the rose tinted glasses act.

Its just another facet of corruption and one of the reasons Thailand is being held back and one way the powerful in Thailand keep their people down.

Prakanongs post is well put and this sort of honesty is what your family should believe as no justice will ever be obtained in Thailand if never investigated.

Any investigation will require to come from outside however and that is where all these incidents (which are spriralling), or the attention to them, come to grief.

The Herald is a start though as it is widely read in the U.K. but I don't know why the Canadian press appear uninterested. Even if some press coverage pointed out the dangers of travelling to Thailand it might prevent these situations occurring on an even wider scale.

Very sorry for your loss.

From a local prospective. The wives of Expats in some cases are worried about what their husbands are thinkintg. This is from the ladies who knew Dale through their husbands.

From a personal point of view. I wpuld not tell anyone who would benefit from an insurance policy. The human race is not to be trusted, look what they have done to the planet.

There are bad apples everywhere. My wife is fom NST as is Dale's wife. The Northern Thais refer to them as Jai Dam. With my wife and I it is a family joke. And Jeez a back ground check :o Bloody hel_l if we all did that the human race would be extinct. PS Aussie doing a back ground check :D

They do but cases like OJ etc arenot the norm in the USA and the likes of the UK and is why they are so sensational.

Murderers getting away with it in Thailand for nayone with the money IS the norm though - thats the problem and not outliers like the OJ case - some people really need to see the reality and stop the rose tinted glasses act.

Its just another facet of corruption and one of the reasons Thailand is being held back and one way the powerful in Thailand keep their people down.

Yes, agree totally.

Please consider the following,

3. There is not much the Canadian government can do. This was a domestic crime. The victim was not singled out because he was a Canadian. The Canadian government can no more put pressure on the Thai judiciary than a Thai politician can put pressure on the crown prosecutor's office in Calgary if a Thai citizen is brutally murdered by some psycho. The deceased chose to live his life in Thailand. Along with that decision comes the acceptance that when a horrible crime occurs, it will be a tough and long slog to get justice.

I agree with most of what you said, but the Canadian government can do something. So, I agree with the substance of your third point here. The Thai government would do something if this happened in Canada to a Thai citizen. It doesn't mean they'll succeed in what they're trying to do, but sometimes they do. This is what consular officers at embassies and consulates are for, just in case you forgot or didn't realize. Whether or not he was singled out for murder because he was Canadian doesn't matter. Of course, some countries' consular officers are more active than others in helping in these situations. It depends on the situation, policy, and the people in those positions. Consular officers often help the families in these situations to get better justice than if they hadn't helped at all. These officers represent the government of their country, so they can do something.

Example of Thai government trying to control things outside of their country (not saying it's right or wrong just using it as an example):

1. The whole Thai flag in Manchester City being written on (of course they shouldn't write on a Thai flag as it offends Thai people, but they didn't know that, and Thaksin is not responsible for their actions, sorry). I believe the Thai government was putting pressure on Man City and now the fans know it offends Thailand, so they won't do it again. However, all of this took place outside of Thailand.

2. Details are hazy but I know a few years ago the Thai government protested when a fashion show in New York showed images of the Buddha on clothing during a fashion show and attempted to exert pressure so these clothes would not be released for sale. They argued that this was offensive to Thailand as Thailand is a Buddhist nation.

Hi

Well...I guess court is tomorrow, well in Thailand it would be taking place right now. I am hoping the preliminary results are good.

I have done my best in writing letters...here is a partial list...Canadian Embassy Bangkok ([email protected]); [email protected] ([email protected]); [email protected]

Cc: [email protected]; [email protected]; [email protected]; [email protected] ([email protected]); Canada AM ([email protected]); [email protected] ([email protected]); [email protected] ([email protected]); [email protected] ([email protected]); [email protected] ([email protected]); Joe Friesen ([email protected]); [email protected] ([email protected]); [email protected] ([email protected]); The Sun ([email protected]) I do get quite a bit of support e-mail, but I as a person don't need support...I need help fighting (letters etc. to our embassy, media...) that is what would be the most beneficial. But we'll see.

I do hope the ex-pats down there that knew Dale have been vocal. I know one Thai woman made a call. She was angry at the release just before court. The reply she got was we can only hold her for 84 days??? Hmmm...Thanks everybody.

BTW, why have I read and heard about an Anti Corruption Commission in Thailand but told this from an official? Also, about "Thailand's Anti-corruption Commission", whoever told you about them gave you the wrong name. You probably have in mind the National Counter Corruption Committee. I'm sure you can find them on the internet. I feel it would have been helpful to provide the contact info, this is our foreign affairs dept. who is to try and assist?? I just don't get it. I have researched every single thing on my own. The only advice I have had is "Get a Lawyer". Although our Foreign Affairs Dept. has been in the news recently...just take a look... http://ipsnews.net/news.asp?idnews=42596 ...It was also reported many others are on the chopping block. Here is an example of how Canada treats Canadians (Brenda Martin-was in mexican prison) http://discuss.ctv.ca/forums/printthread.p...=11025...anyway, that's my ranting for now. I am livid at the lack of support.

But it is that same system that nurtures the affordable environment so beloved by the majority of the residents of these boards. The ex-pats can't actually integrate into the system unless they are willing to enter into a patron-client relationship with a phu yai, something most western ex-pats are hard put to accomplish for a number of cultural reasons, but they are able to sit on the sidelines and enjoy the show from the betters seats.

You will see the posters here flock to a group BBQ, but don't expect them to congregate to demand justice thereby rocking the boat.

But it is that same system that nurtures the affordable environment so beloved by the majority of the residents of these boards. The ex-pats can't actually integrate into the system unless they are willing to enter into a patron-client relationship with a phu yai, something most western ex-pats are hard put to accomplish for a number of cultural reasons, but they are able to sit on the sidelines and enjoy the show from the betters seats.

You will see the posters here flock to a group BBQ, but don't expect them to congregate to demand justice thereby rocking the boat.

It's easier to fight a battle in person than it is from a forum. Is there not a way to protest the release of that so called "darling Nee or show support for Dale by attending in huge numbers at all proceedings?" What about using this forum as a network to inform everyone of court dates and to what they will be for?

Unless there has been assurance from some corrupt Thai authority that she will not be convicted for her part in the murder of Dale, she is a risk to flee. If she flees, what are the chances that they would even bother looking for her anyway. Also, with a million or more in insurance policies at stake, of course Richard could be next on the hit list to keep the money in Thailand. What's one more murder compared to the greed and corruption that is so easily acted out and apparantly a thriving business? If a corrupt justice system sees that she is not convicted of her horrific deeds, she will most likely profit and in return have to grease the palms of the hands that provided her with regained freedom.

I'm curious to know how she was able to make bail if all the assets were to be frozen? Why the assets weren't frozen immediately? Why Richard hasn't been informed of every single bit of information that I'm positive the murderous scum are receiving? Richard is Dales next of kin, he should be aware of every bit of information that is to do with this case. Is the Canadian Embassy swamped with more important issues or just lazy and enjoy having a title that is to be proudly displayed but never earned as such? I do believe, as well as all Canadians I have spoken with, that our Government is supposed to be there for us. Do we not pay for their services while they are in Government and also for their pensions? Dale was not killed over any involvement of criminal acts, he is the VICTIM of a most horrific crime and the Canadian Government needs to see that they put pressure on the Thai Government to follow a standard of justice expected by all on an International level.

Keep fighting for "Justice For Dale!!"

Update! I just received an email from Mary-Jane stating that Richard attended court today. Richard "...was sitting in front of Nee in the courtroom and also behind him was Nee's boyfriend 2 seats over from Nee." No word on when Nees boyfriend was released.

It seems that the preliminary is held over until June 23rd because the hitmans lawyer was not in attendance, although it had been heard he had been there and left.

A forensics officer was observed handing $100.00 BT to Jinda... .

The Prosecuter is asking for the death penalty for the hitman and 50+ years for Nee and her boyfriend.

Please show your support in seeking justice for Dale.

Hello,

I know Vicki attended...thank you. Richard has had a lawyer, however, has been working on what has been translated thus far. The court now says, he nor lawyer can be co-prosecuters in the case. Must be Mother/father or son/daughter. Now we can't get info?? This is just wrong!!

Oh boy, he come the hurdles.

Just watch so your lawyer isn't making under the table deals with the accused that will profit him only.

I can't believe this father/mother/son daughter hint from the court.

Whatever you do, just don't quit and have these people put away for life, however long it takes, even if it means humiliating a judge or two in the process.

Up in the hills here Tony where the killer lives, and I am 1 isolated expat, the locals are more concerned the hitman is going to get off. Even his family for the most part have said privately he can rot. The expats are not happy with recent events either. Something is not right with the proceedings.

Oh boy, he come the hurdles.

Just watch so your lawyer isn't making under the table deals with the accused that will profit him only.

I can't believe this father/mother/son daughter hint from the court.

Whatever you do, just don't quit and have these people put away for life, however long it takes, even if it means humiliating a judge or two in the process.

My sentiments exactly.

We will keep fighting. Richard likes to remain calm. He doesn't want to get angry or anything in case that may shed a bad light on Dale's character. I would have a hard time with that.

Your right that something is not right with these proceedings!!

Something like after they got a hold of the insurance policies that they needed so bad to prove motive...hogwash crap to me...now miraculously 2 are out on the streets.

The hitman "Jinda" if you remember, did a hit on some kind of an official last year and then the only eyewitness was mysteriously killed. Jinda gets off to be free to kill again!!

That is just sickening.

Is there a page in particular I should be looking at, I could then pass this on to Vicki. :o She's the type to rattle a few chains

LOL...that's funny, when I talked to Richard...he said "she is so much like you" she has a big mouth!!! Well so be it. That is what usually gets results.

No wonder Vicki said "You are my sister" We are pro-active"! I said some not so nice things...out of fear and uncertainty...but she is one who made a show and did make calls! That is the makings of a great woman. I thank her. Her husband is the one who reported to the embassy after 72 hours...after they realised nobody knew.

I think in general this site / commission is what we need. That is there mandate. This is what this case needs. It smells so bad and corruption overflows! Please Vicki, if you can find a way to contact, that would be great! Let me know. Thank you Mosha for staying on top of this. I know you are feeling outnumbered...living in the same hills as "them". Let's just hope Jinda stays where he is.

Edited by MaryJane

I do miss Thailand...just not the corruption and con artists. I made friends with some people from a place in Bangkok. They were so wonderful. These ladies took care of me while I was there. They worried about my safety and state of mind. They stayed up all night and laughed and cried with me. Nong is one woman with a big heart, I miss her. No matter how tired she was she persevered. I don't find that in Canada. That is what a true friend is...I thank her with all my heart.post-57792-1212560879_thumb.jpg

ausiepm

not very nice words,and not true as many farangs live a wonderful life here with their gf or wife regardless of age difference.

my ex gf in england was 19 years younger but she didnt want to kill me.

Unfortunately Mr Henry broke all the rules of how to live ones life in relative safety in Thailand.... 1...dont marry a Thai woman or any other woman who is young enough to be your daughter or even grand- daughter. 2....Always do background checks using her household certificate as a guide(i bet Dale Henry didnt). 3.Never live in isolated areas known for their troubles ie Ranong-seafood mafia who dont like farangs snooping around town regardless of who they are!4.Never ever,ever,ever,ever give aThai woman access to your money or assets.The Australian Gov actually warns men of marry Thais as so many farangs have been killed or ruined finnacially.....Young women dont love old men!!!They and their Thai men love the money!! Its so easy!

For the benefit of all us rule-breaking Aussie men in a happy and mutually rewarding relationships with an evil Thai woman (of whatever age), can you please provide a reference to the Australian government warning you refer to above.

Nice one Prakanong - knew you would be ok when push comes to shove.