Restaurants In Ban Chang / Rayong

PattayaParent

On ‎6‎/‎1‎/‎2019 at 6:43 PM, LennyW said:

Went for lunch at Serene Pla yesterday, the restaurant is open again under new name, they have a sign at the end of the road.

Big menu but as before all very reasonably priced, the food was excellent as usual. 

It's still the same service staff as before.

They are still working at it, they are putting a huge amount of tanks in for the live seafood so i can see this place being very busy in the future.

One major improvement......they have removed all the speed bumps the entire length of the concrete road!

image.thumb.png.c8d906caef7d61079f70dac6e470b294.pngimage.thumb.png.a8be5a94b071fcb241078103113623c1.pngimage.thumb.png.c2366e5c78cdd9f825790b725d62b891.pngimage.thumb.png.facbd489a5ef0d975fddd74b0a86fcf0.png

I'll be back in Phala soon, will be grilling everyone for directions to these places, on the high seas for the last time.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Went to the Healthy Food place the day or so of their opening. Group of us Thai wives and Farang husbands. Service was poor as food orders took forever to arrive and they were not organised and ready for business. Plenty of staff running around and in the kitchen but clear they did not come ready to serve anyone yet. Place was extremely hot and uncomfortable,,,,,,,one or two floor fans but not enough to cool the place. 

I have heard a friend say they have been back recently and not improved much if at all.

The overall reports from both the wives and guys on the first visit was they did not care for the food all that much and the slow service added to that.

On other news I see that Ban Chang Pizza Company has moved down Sukumvit to the other side of the street to the corner of soi 42 and opened a new store that now includes a walk in sit down restaurant area. So you can order there now and not have to take away. Location is not great if you go there in a car as there is no close parking. I have not been to the new place personally so cannot comment about service.

I also see that we have a few new places in Phala. Ronnie's Beach bar and restaurant and Tommy formerly of the Golf Bar in BC moved down to Phala near Jacks Place.

The Boardwalk is closed for renovation or just closed but driving by it seems nothing happening there and for me no great loss as the place for me was poorly run.

New place open next to Seki Sushi on the bypass road called Hill House, wine bar and grill, they do Autralian steaks, pizza's, have Hoegaarden on draft. Nice decor, good service. Not cheap yet seems to attract a lot of the local customers, i have a hunch it is the same owners as Seki.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/12/2019 at 7:38 AM, longball53098 said:

Went to the Healthy Food place the day or so of their opening. Group of us Thai wives and Farang husbands. Service was poor as food orders took forever to arrive and they were not organised and ready for business. Plenty of staff running around and in the kitchen but clear they did not come ready to serve anyone yet. Place was extremely hot and uncomfortable,,,,,,,one or two floor fans but not enough to cool the place. 

I have heard a friend say they have been back recently and not improved much if at all.

The overall reports from both the wives and guys on the first visit was they did not care for the food all that much and the slow service added to that.

On other news I see that Ban Chang Pizza Company has moved down Sukumvit to the other side of the street to the corner of soi 42 and opened a new store that now includes a walk in sit down restaurant area. So you can order there now and not have to take away. Location is not great if you go there in a car as there is no close parking. I have not been to the new place personally so cannot comment about service.

I also see that we have a few new places in Phala. Ronnie's Beach bar and restaurant and Tommy formerly of the Golf Bar in BC moved down to Phala near Jacks Place.

The Boardwalk is closed for renovation or just closed but driving by it seems nothing happening there and for me no great loss as the place for me was poorly run.

And overpriced. ( Boardwalk )

Edited by overherebc

• 1 month later...
4 hours ago, huangnon said:

^Not heard about this, so you have a link or location Jessi, please?

On Sukumvit,,,, Rayong side of the Ban Chang Post Office, very bright green building.

• Like 1

On 10/19/2019 at 4:44 PM, Big Guns said:

I had luch at the Vietnamese place today. It was superb & very affordable. We had 8 dishes I had 2 big beers & it was 850 Baht. If you go at the weekend from 1-2.45 it's quite busy but service is still good.

Thank you for the report.

• 3 weeks later...
On 10/19/2019 at 4:44 PM, Big Guns said:

I had luch at the Vietnamese place today. It was superb & very affordable. We had 8 dishes I had 2 big beers & it was 850 Baht. If you go at the weekend from 1-2.45 it's quite busy but service is still good.

Do they do that dish that has the thin pasta sheets or greens that you fill will a bit of sliced sausage, green chopped banana, chopped garlic and a spicy sweet sauce?

13 minutes ago, overherebc said:

I prefer the pasta/noodle sheets to the greens when eating it. Heading to Vietnam soon and I'm going to try and find it there to find out if it's any different.

Just ask for .....

Bánh xèo [ɓǎjŋ̟ sɛ̂w], literally "sizzling pancake", named for the loud sizzling sound it makes when the rice batter is poured into the hot skillet; it is a Vietnamese savory fried pancake made of rice flour, water, and turmeric powder. It is stuffed with individual preferences, and served vegetarian or with meat.

• Thanks 1

• 4 weeks later...

I'll be living in the area in the next year. Read this thread from page 1. Doesn't seem likely to find any good American food. Not at least consistently. Open for a bit and closed. Seems common place, what's the common denominator here? ????

Edited by Roadkillaf

1 hour ago, Roadkillaf said:

I'll be living in the area in the next year. Read this thread from page 1. Doesn't seem likely to find any good American food. Not at least consistently. Open for a bit and closed. Seems common place, what's the common denominator here? ????

Not enough western customers on a regular basis?

I have been 2\3 times in Bang Chang and i found the place

small and depressive, imo Pattaya and Rayong are much better options

But I have heard there is some nice golf courses in the area.

Good luck

Ban Chang to me is one of the best places to live in the area . Plenty of food options . Pattaya in close enough and far enough away . The local Thais for the most part have decent paying jobs so are not over reliant on any type of tourism , plus a lot of the foreign guys that used to work in the oil and gas industry have been replaced by locals .In Thailand nothing is a permanent fixture , businesses come and go and that’s just the nature of the beast . Hows the strip looking these days ? 

Edited by chrisandsu
  • Like 1

49 minutes ago, kingofthemountain said:

Not enough western customers on a regular basis?

I have been 2\3 times in Bang Chang and i found the place

small and depressive, imo Pattaya and Rayong are much better options

But I have heard there is some nice golf courses in the area.

Good luck

I apologize for the confusion, I'll actually be in Rayong. I thought this post was covering all the areas, my mistake lol.

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, chrisandsu said:

Hows the strip looking these days ? 

At my last visit 2 months ago it was pretty dead

at 9 pm around 10 customers in total in the 15 bars

the prices for the girls seems to have rocketed also

(I have been asked 1500 for a ST from a young random girl

plus the barfine and the room, in 2 differents bars, of course it was a no go)

i was happy to be back in Pattaya

• 3 weeks later...