Restaurants In Ban Chang / Rayong

PattayaParent

10 hours ago, khaepmu said:

What exactly do you mean by the 'by pass road" ? The one that goes from MataPut to Sukumwit. There are 2 traffic lights on this road as far as I know. I haven't been to Ban Chang in ages.

What people call the bypass road is the new road built that runs from BC to Maptaphut.

If you are on the main road that runs through BC with the shops, PTT filling station, RCA and Tesco Lotus etc heading Rayong direction it's about half a kilometre to your right.

Eventually it will be connected to the new road complex from patt's and bkk.

Edited by overherebc

• 1 month later...

The old Robin Hood is under new ownership, now called Non Restaurant, bit strange name but that is the owners name, its had a much needed tidy up and now has proper attentive staff, open now but their grand opening will be 15th Feb when they will have full menu.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, LennyW said:

Not quite a restaurant or bar, but there is a new snooker hall opening opposite Hey Mom on the bypass road, the old Modern Air-con place, directly opposite Hey Mom. I think it opens tonight.

What’s going on at the Korean massage place on that road?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

A Thai friend took me to The Phing Nga Resort, as it was at about 3PM we just had coffee. This is a very nice resort with Swimming pool and Gym. Its only about 5 months old and they are still building on. Everything in the Restaurant looks very clean with a good selection on the menu and also large selection of Cakes & Coffee.

Any members been to this resort for a meal can give it a thumbs up or down?

Here is their facebook page;

https://www.facebook.com/pages/category/Product-Service/%E0%B8%9E%E0%B8%B4%E0%B8%87%E0%B8%87%E0%B8%B2-%E0%B8%9A%E0%B9%89%E0%B8%B2%E0%B8%99%E0%B8%AA%E0%B8%A7%E0%B8%99-%E0%B8%A3%E0%B8%B0%E0%B8%A2%E0%B8%AD%E0%B8%87-458043118044270/

Cheers

Jessi

Location: Drive on Sukkumvit towards Rayong, go past The Camillian Social Center, then 2nd Soi on left

There is a large Temple on the corner. Drive along that Soi for about 2klm the turning to the resort is on your right.

Drive in until you see the swimming pool then the Restaurant is the two story building straight ahead.

https://goo.gl/PQehF5

Edited by Jessi
  • Like 1

23 hours ago, overherebc said:

What is the idea behind live music in a restaurant that is so loud no-one can have a conversation while enjoying a meal?

Is it so that people can practice their lip-reading skills or what?

Does it cover up the mistakes made on the instrument playing?

Is it to make you eat quickly and leave?

Can you write a request to ask the group/singer to sing 'Far away' ie far enough away so you can only just hear them?

When they see you walk in they realize your old & deaf, so they turn the volume UP.

The other reason is Thai's like noise, laud noise.????

25 minutes ago, Jessi said:

When they see you walk in they realize your old & deaf, so they turn the volume UP.

The other reason is Thai's like noise, laud noise.????

Old and deaf? How very dare you!! ????

I'm Scottish and old but can still hear a penny dropped on grass at 50 yards.

????

Edit.

Should add if you go to pub/bar with live music then it's usually LOUD but a restaurant doesn't really seem to be the place to be deafened. You're right they do love noise, don't start me on lousy singers with a karaoke mike in their hands.

????????

Edited by overherebc

^Noooo. Call in a drone strike on any open-air karaoke in Thailand.. An insult to music and humanity in general.  Usually sounds like a Cat Holocaust.

A lot of the Isaan type restaurants and outlets seem to like extremely loud music in the venues. Must be the 'scaring the ghosts away' aspect of their superstitious culture. I'd rather eat my own leg, in a ditch tbh.

• 3 weeks later...
On 3/2/2019 at 2:12 PM, Jessi said:

Location: Drive on Sukkumvit towards Rayong, go past The Camillian Social Center, then 2nd Soi on left

There is a large Temple on the corner. Drive along that Soi for about 2klm the turning to the resort is on your right.

Drive in until you see the swimming pool then the Restaurant is the two story building straight ahead.

https://goo.gl/PQehF5

Four of us went to this resort for dinner the other night. The food was excellent, also good service.

Rib Eye steak is the best I have had in Thailand, the others enjoyed Salmon & Salad, Sweet & Sour Fish,

and stir fried squid with ginger.

IMO the cost of dinner was not expensive.

20190304_131902.jpg

1551798397299.jpg

1551798406011.jpg

1551684902952.jpg

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Jessi said:

Four of us went to this resort for dinner the other night. The food was excellent, also good service.

Rib Eye steak is the best I have had in Thailand, the others enjoyed Salmon & Salad, Sweet & Sour Fish,

and stir fried squid with ginger.

IMO the cost of dinner was not expensive.

20190304_131902.jpg

1551798397299.jpg

1551798406011.jpg

1551684902952.jpg

Looks good.

Please tell me it doesn't have live music.

• Confused 1
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, overherebc said:

Looks good.

Please tell me it doesn't have live music.

No live music when I was there. Only soft background music, that was a nice change.

It might be ok for your OLD sensitive Scottish ears.????

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/30/2019 at 5:29 PM, Jessi said:

No live music when I was there. Only soft background music, that was a nice change.

It might be ok for your OLD sensitive Scottish ears.????

I went there again for dinner on Saturday, sorry to inform you that laud music is an understatement. I didn't get out of my car, the music (Karaoke) was so loud my car was vibrating.

Time to try another restaurant.????

On 4/8/2019 at 8:55 AM, Jessi said:

I went there again for dinner on Saturday, sorry to inform you that laud music is an understatement. I didn't get out of my car, the music (Karaoke) was so loud my car was vibrating.

Time to try another restaurant.????

Can only hope it was a pre songkran company night and won't be the norm'

4 hours ago, LennyW said:

I think the best place around Banchang for peace and quiet has to be Serene Phla, like a different world!! Food is excellent as well and not expensive.

Where is that located Lenny?

58 minutes ago, Jessi said:

Where is that located Lenny?

Hope you don't me jumping in.

On the road to Phala from the big new junction just past the 'west' entrance to Eastern Star you'll see a gap in the wall on your right. Follow the road to the end to the new navy hotel.

When you get through the gate take the second on the right past the hotel rooms and it's about 150 metres on your left.

Edited by overherebc

• 4 weeks later...
On 4/11/2019 at 9:12 AM, LennyW said:

I think the best place around Banchang for peace and quiet has to be Serene Phla, like a different world!! Food is excellent as well and not expensive.

Now closed. Went yesterday and it has closed down.

6 hours ago, Jessi said:

Now closed. Went yesterday and it has closed down.

Not closed for good from what i hear, apparently they are remodelling  the indoor part of the restaurant.....time will tell i guess

• 4 weeks later...
On 5/3/2019 at 11:48 PM, LennyW said:

Not closed for good from what i hear, apparently they are remodelling  the indoor part of the restaurant.....time will tell i guess

Local yokel said it was being taken over by a chain called Maha Satun ( spelling??? ) and might be open again. Said there was a sign up already at the main road entrance.

???

Edit.

Try Maha Samut. 

Edited by overherebc
  • Like 1