Restaurants In Ban Chang / Rayong

PattayaParent

On 10/4/2017 at 8:38 AM, Big Guns said:

In defence of Ruan Chomchan, I've been going there since the place opened in the previous location about 3 years and in general my meals have been excellent. My meals for 2 people generally average about 1400 Baht and the quality is at the top of what you get in Ban Chang. When they have made mistakes I've let the owner know and they have been rectified. I remember once I had asked them to save some of my curry and the chef accidentally threw it out and they cooked a whole new batch up for me to take home.

I also enjoy the place . Comment supplied to get our Eastern Thailand forum woken up. We are all so content. Nothing new guys??

• 1 month later...
43 minutes ago, Spacer said:

So where in Ban Chang has the best steak?

The Bella Vista at Payoon Beach always used to be good, but I haven't been there for a while. Zum Adler opposite the entrance to Eastern Star offers a Chateaubriand at 1200Baht for 2 people. I haven't tried it yet (waiting for a suitable occasion to treat the missis), but the rest of their food is pretty good.

I went to the Bella Vista recently and the quality seemed to have dropped since I last went when it was at its previous location. The burgers at Boardwalk are good but I haven't tried the steak. The Lord Nelson seems popular but again haven't tried the steak. Other options include the Camel and Hana.

• 2 months later...

Don Jai Pizza (opp Sinthavee Park) will be re-locating to Klaeng in April. (End of lease I think. Looks like the entire area is being re-developed).

The little guy will miss his Tuna Pizzas....Hopefully Stewy and Finnegans will step up to the plate.

• Like 1

I've tried the buffet shabu shabu and sushi at the venue which used to house the clock bar. I've been there a couple of times, the foods been great and I've always been virtually too full to walk by the time I've left. Its 299 Baht per head which I feel is a bargain. There's a new small place offering barbecued pork, chicken and beef at 10 baht per stick. The chilli version is great but is super hot. Its located on the opposite side of the road to the over 50's club and they also have a hydroponics lettuce place there. The other place I tried recently is the new Korean restaurant which is in the place that has a gym, steam room, massage and sauna. This is located heading away from the over 50's nightclub towards the traffic lights. The food was really good quality and very tasty.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Big Guns said:

I've tried the buffet shabu shabu and sushi at the venue which used to house the clock bar. I've been there a couple of times, the foods been great and I've always been virtually too full to walk by the time I've left. Its 299 Baht per head which I feel is a bargain. There's a new small place offering barbecued pork, chicken and beef at 10 baht per stick. The chilli version is great but is super hot. Its located on the opposite side of the road to the over 50's club and they also have a hydroponics lettuce place there. The other place I tried recently is the new Korean restaurant which is in the place that has a gym, steam room, massage and sauna. This is located heading away from the over 50's nightclub towards the traffic lights. The food was really good quality and very tasty.

Is the over 50's place in vicinity of old Clock bar?

17 hours ago, EVENKEEL said:

Is the over 50's place in vicinity of old Clock bar?

No, and it's not over 50's, it is called 55 Nite club. It is on the bypass road between Payoon and Phala roads.

2 minutes ago, LennyW said:

No, and it's not over 50's, it is called 55 Nite club. It is on the bypass road between Payoon and Phala roads.

Thanks, wanted to see how much the gym and steam room was costing that was talked about.

13 minutes ago, EVENKEEL said:

Went to Micasa in Phla for what I thought was to be Mexican cuisine. Was I wrong to assume this? Apparently because not a taco in sight. 

Went there for a steak based on their pictures on their Facebook page.....man was i disappointed, shockingly bad!!

4 hours ago, Big Guns said:

I've had Thai food and ribs at Micasa it was brilliant. The service was friendly and as a bonus they have draft Heineken.

We had a meal there, will be back for sure. It's just with a name like Micasa I was expecting to treat my little girl with some Mexican Food. Sort of like having a restaurant in the states named Sabai Sabai and not selling thai food.

• 4 weeks later...
3 hours ago, roulax said:

I have tried the Ciao Bella "Pizzaria" (It is written as such..) on Phla road this week. I can recommend their Lasagna and Tiramisu which are really excellent for a very decent price.

The cold cut platter is also great.

The Pizza there is also quite good.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...
3 hours ago, steve187 said:

Bella vista has changed hands, do cod, chips mushy peas i think it is 220 baht, i think the owner is Danish or somewhere that way

Quite an extensive menu there now, they are doing breakfasts as well.

• 4 weeks later...

Tried the Korean restaurant inside the Yurak fitness and Sauna centre last night, very good indeed!!!

But be warned.....the portions are massive, normally in places like Singapore, Malaysia etc. if you go in a Korea restaurant they have great pictures in the menu but small portions, not here as we found out after we had ordered 3 dishes.....HUGE!!!!

Also have an extensive Thai menu and some Chinese as well.

Great taste, good staff, i will be going back there again for sure!!.

9 hours ago, LennyW said:

Tried the Korean restaurant inside the Yurak fitness and Sauna centre last night, very good indeed!!!

But be warned.....the portions are massive, normally in places like Singapore, Malaysia etc. if you go in a Korea restaurant they have great pictures in the menu but small portions, not here as we found out after we had ordered 3 dishes.....HUGE!!!!

Also have an extensive Thai menu and some Chinese as well.

Great taste, good staff, i will be going back there again for sure!!.

Keep it to yourself..if it becomes popular prices will go up and portions down.....:whistling:

7 hours ago, Big Guns said:

I agree that the Korean restaurant is great when we went there a waitress came over & cooked our beef at the table.

With a smile on her face and entirely to your satisfaction ...........sounds promising :whistling: I must pay a visit when next in town :thumbsup: