Help! A Pop Up Is Driving Me Mad

femi fan

For probably a totally random reason, when i'm online since yesterday, every so often a window pops up at the bottom right of my screen saying:

"There is an IP address conflict with another system on the network."

I did some research on google, but firstly most of the advice for people with the same problem was typed in very difficult to understand language for an average computer person like me, and secondly it all seemed to be aimed at people with more than one computer connected via wireless lan.

I am a single computer user.

Anybody know what i can do to rid this frustrating thing? I feel it is something to do with changing my IP address, but i don't want to try anything until i can understand all the fixing instructions.

Guest Reimar
For probably a totally random reason, when i'm online since yesterday, every so often a window pops up at the bottom right of my screen saying:

"There is an IP address conflict with another system on the network."

I did some research on google, but firstly most of the advice for people with the same problem was typed in very difficult to understand language for an average computer person like me, and secondly it all seemed to be aimed at people with more than one computer connected via wireless lan.

I am a single computer user.

Anybody know what i can do to rid this frustrating thing? I feel it is something to do with changing my IP address, but i don't want to try anything until i can understand all the fixing instructions.

I think you need to post what configuration you have, hard- and software and what kind of connection: WiFi or Ethernet, may using an WiFi Modem/Router.

Cheers.

I use TOT's broadband service on my desktop. My router says: billion adsl router on it.

How do i find my configuration?!

I had exactly the same problem up to 2 weeks ago but it was fixed by tech services quickly. Call 1100 and tell them whats happening, they sorted this out for me in minutes.

You can find your config out by typing in 192.168.1.1 into the address bar at the top and then go. It will come up with a sign in box type admin in name box and tot in password box this lets you see all the technical jargon.

I would advise tho not to change anything without their assistance

Hope this helps

edit----I also have a billion router mmmmmmmmmm

Edited by princealbert

Guest Reimar
I use TOT's broadband service on my desktop. My router says: billion adsl router on it.

How do i find my configuration?!

I had exactly the same problem up to 2 weeks ago but it was fixed by tech services quickly. Call 1100 and tell them whats happening, they sorted this out for me in minutes.

You can find your config out by typing in 192.168.1.1 into the address bar at the top and then go. It will come up with a sign in box type admin in name box and tot in password box this lets you see all the technical jargon.

I would advise tho not to change anything without their assistance

Hope this helps

edit----I also have a billion router mmmmmmmmmm

The direct Hotline No. for TOT is: 1177 follow by the Line No. example: 1177023256789 and you'll be direct connected to the ADSL Service of TOT.

Ah, good work you two! Thanks for your time.

I'll try all that when i get home this afternoon.

Meanwhile, do i call 1100 or 1177?! And what is this 'line number'?

1100 is the mainline but Raimar is correct 1177 (technical help) this is the one to call.