Buy 1, Fly 2 Promotion On Thai Airways Until Sep 30, 2008

george

“Buy 1, Fly 2” Promotion Marks THAI Airways 48th Anniversary Celebrations

BANGKOK: -- The birthday celebrations continue at Thai Airways as the airline announces the “Buy 1, Fly 2” promotion.

Mr. Pandit Chanapai, THAI’s Executive Vice President, said passengers participating in the promotion will be able to buy one international ticket from Bangkok to one of the following: any city in Europe, Japan, Korea, Johannesburg, Auckland, Beijing, Shanghai, Guangzhou and Taipei and receive their second ticket free.

The special offer which marks the company’s 48th anniversary is valid between 25 June and 30 September 2008 with return tickets valid for 3 months from the date of the commencing journey.

Full Royal Orchid Plus mileage accumulation is accrued on both tickets in Royal First and Royal Silk Class travel through this special deal.

The offer is not valid for travel from Bangkok to Beijing during 4-23 August 2008, prices and conditions subject to change without notice.

-- Agencies 2008-06-23

Related link:

http://travel.thaivisa.com

This 'offer' is many times available from the Netherlands to Bangkok with their partner LuftHansa.

Conditions are book 3 days or shorter before departure and 2 people travel the same time, same destination and same return. Max stay 1 month.

Used it a few times but don't know if it is still available with the current oil prices.

Mr. Pandit Chanapai, THAI’s Executive Vice President, said passengers participating in the promotion will be able to buy one international ticket from Bangkok to one of the following: any city in Europe, Japan, Korea, Johannesburg, Auckland, Beijing, Shanghai, Guangzhou and Taipei and receive their second ticket free.

Unless the USA is in one of the countries listed then I don't think so melmark.

I just visited the ROP office in CM. USA is definately not included in this promotion. Also, the promotion is for Business class or above...

Funny, this promotion begins on the same date as the ridiculous price in fuel surcharges take effect.

This 'offer' is many times available from the Netherlands to Bangkok with their partner LuftHansa.

Conditions are book 3 days or shorter before departure and 2 people travel the same time, same destination and same return. Max stay 1 month.

Used it a few times but don't know if it is still available with the current oil prices.

So,Khun Jean, correct me if I have misunderstood you-- if there is availability 3 days before flight, 2 people can fly BKK-Amsterdam-BKK, [ with Lufthansa]--for the price of one person?? If so, I wish I had known this as I have twice paid for myself AND daughter to fly BKK-UK-BKK in previous 12 months and it's getting very expensive.I guess I need to contact Lufthansa to check--the 3 days prior is a bit of a gamble though.

Thank you for the info--it could save people a lot of money--no wonder travel agents don't mention this offer!

The last time this offer came up, it was for FULL fare only.

Well I looked at a few dates/prices to London yesterday, business class, low and behold both BA and EVA appeared to be cheaper...this was the quote for two persons

As often with this kind of promotion, they use the "Full IATA" "F" and "C" fares as base for the 50% discount.

Here are some examples of the price per person;

FIRSTCLASS

BKK-LHR-BKK 122,425

BKK-NRT-BKK 47,715

BKK-PVG-BKK 25,355

BUSINESS

BKK-LHR-BKK 81,720

BKK-NRT-BKK 38,710

BKK-PVG-BKK 21,730

In addition all taxes.

Not too good of a deal actually.... compared to the Market fares sold through agencies here in Thailand.

However they book in "F" and "C" inventory.

So,Khun Jean, correct me if I have misunderstood you-- if there is availability 3 days before flight, 2 people can fly BKK-Amsterdam-BKK, [ with Lufthansa]--for the price of one person?? If so, I wish I had known this as I have twice paid for myself AND daughter to fly BKK-UK-BKK in previous 12 months and it's getting very expensive.I guess I need to contact Lufthansa to check--the 3 days prior is a bit of a gamble though.

Thank you for the info--it could save people a lot of money--no wonder travel agents don't mention this offer!

D-Reizen had it on their website. I once had to travel to Bangkok on a very short notice and went to Schiphol airport to see if i could buy some tickets for the same day. I just went to the booths of KLM, EVA, CHINA and to Lufthanse. The first 3 had higher prices then regular figuring i needed to go anyway and was prepared to pay more. Lufthanse informed me to call d-reizen branch Hoofddorp and see if they still had the "2 for 1" offer. I looked at their website before i went and did not see it but was told that this offer is always' available, and indeed when i called they still had a few.

Mind you the last time i used it was last year in september.

Can someone please explain to me how this is a "promotion"?

I am heading off to Frankfurt in Germany (Im Danish though) with my girlfriend next month. I just read about this today, and was thinking "wow, that's a good deal, maybe I can buy 1 business for the same price as my 2 ecocomy tickets, and fly on business!)

So - I started checking up with agents and also directly with Thai Airways.

Now, here's the kicker;

Normal price for a business ticket to Frankfurt (todays price): 93,500 baht

The price for a business ticket if you use this offer; 187,000 baht.

Do the math, and you get that the price is EXACTLY double! The agents are restricted to use the list price of Thai Airways, and do not get specielt agent prices on these tickets.

So - You pay double the price, and get 1 free ticket. Where the hel_l is the discount then? Imagine I got pissed to learn, that my normal ticket (economy) is now also raised 5,000 baht to total 51,000 baht due to the fuel tax increase! This is completely INSANE! What is happening to Thai? I now have to pay 102,000 baht for a return trip for me and my girlfriend. Yes, I know there are alternatives, but I really prefer not to travel with a budget airline from the UAE, landing and waiting in one of their airports.