Smoking In Cm

raybona

Hi there, i would like to know how the rules are in CM Bars, Pubs and Resto's.

Is it acceptable for customers to smoke or not? I know it's not smart to smoke, but, never said we are smart! Here there are signs that say smoking is an offence, but nowbody really cares, and other places obay the rules. Don't know about CM?

I think it is against the law now.

Some you can, other you cannot and some the give you an ashtray and tell you to hide it if the police come in.

I haven't figured it out as of yet, but smoke when and where I see others are.

I think it is against the law now.

Some you can, other you cannot and some the give you an ashtray and tell you to hide it if the police come in.

I haven't figured it out as of yet, but smoke when and where I see others are.

I agree, I have given up trying to figure it out. I have been told smoking in any public place is banned, then I have been told that only closed places with aircon, been to bars that are totally open and been asked not to. Also depends on location I guess... If your out of tourist areas the rules prob become more relaxed.

From what I have been told if you are 'caught' smoking in any where its banned (which is the 'grey' area) the owner of the place recieves a 20,000b fine, the smoker recieves a 2000b fine.

Hi, it is illegal to smoke anywhere inside - air con or not. However alot of places are so mostly open air that it's too hard to distinguish whether you are outside or inside so smoking seems to be permitted throughout. Alot of places also have the signs up saying no smoking although they allow it anyway. Also there are some places that are totally inside but don't seem to care about the law.

You can't smoke in any of the clubs though - Warm-up, Spicy, Bubble, etc.

I could give you a more detailed list of those that allow if you want a PM :o

Thanks guys, it's the more or less the same here, exept that the signs here doesn't only say No Smoking, but also No Spitting. But the people here don't care about neither.

Think we have find out ourselves when we are there, but it's those daily things which we wounder about, and good to know in advance

Hi, it is illegal to smoke anywhere inside - air con or not. However alot of places are so mostly open air that it's too hard to distinguish whether you are outside or inside so smoking seems to be permitted throughout. Alot of places also have the signs up saying no smoking although they allow it anyway. Also there are some places that are totally inside but don't seem to care about the law.

You can't smoke in any of the clubs though - Warm-up, Spicy, Bubble, etc.

I could give you a more detailed list of those that allow if you want a PM :o

aye, thai bar owners have told me that the law is in place but is largely ignored due to a) half the bars being pretty much open air anyway and :D them not wanting to turn your money away.

i've found that it's more the thai bars that let it slide while the farang bars are more no smoking but provide tables / areas outside for them as need the coffin nails.

Thailand: Complete smoking ban in nighclubs and pubs

A public health ministry ban on smoking in public places, which includes Thailand's bars and clubs, took effect from 11th February2008

All air conditioned bars, pubs, discotheques and clubs are covered by the regulation.

Owners of open air eating places and markets will also have to provide smoking and no-smoking areas.

Bar owners have complained against the rule describing it as an infringement of individual liberties.

Smokers will be fined 2,000 baht (60 US dollars) and venue operators and owners face a 20,00 baht (600 US dollars) fine if they flout the new regulations.

Thailand banned smoking in all indoor public places in 2002, but night entertainment venues and bars were exempted.

Source: Bangkok Post

Last visited .last month-Bangkok-CM and the ban was being enforced almost everywhere ( including Spotties) which in my case was GREAT....... :o .....but wont go on about it........ :D

(and this being CM, compliance is optional)

Thailand: Complete smoking ban in nighclubs and pubs

A public health ministry ban on smoking in public places, which includes Thailand's bars and clubs, took effect from 11th February2008..............(snip)

Purely by co-Incidence a Smoking Ban comes in tomorrow in Holland....july 1st...so all those old hippies will have to forego the traditional "hey man..gotta joint."...patois....right on .....rock away....???

.....or do they....?...trust the Dutch......

When a smoking ban comes into force in the Netherlands on Wednesday (it may kill the buzz for people who like to smoke their cannabis with tobacco. But some owners of the famous Dutch coffee shops are staying mellow. :o

Fittingly, in a land renowned for its relaxed attitude to drug laws, the new rules contain a few loopholes.

People will still be able to smoke pure cannabis joints in around 700 coffee shops, something some tourists -- notably from the United States -- already often do......but SMOKiNG FAGS IS BANNED.......great init...gorra laff ....

and before anyone says anything about T related heres a pic of my loca..over there...now hopefully smoke Free...Rock On...