Car Spraypainter Required

DeadRock

Need to get some small dents and scraches fixed on my Toyota after my wifes great driving skills with her cornflakes box license, does any body know of a good panelbeater in the Chiang Mai area, as I dont believe it's worth useing my insurance for minimum damage.

Need to get some small dents and scraches fixed on my Toyota after my wifes great driving skills with her cornflakes box license, does any body know of a good panelbeater in the Chiang Mai area, as I dont believe it's worth useing my insurance for minimum damage.

:o

I made my wife do a full-on commercial driving school before she was allowed to drive our car.

Actually, she agreed to do the school to stop my begging and pleading..

Just south of the new Hangdong Rd Makro store is an excellent body/paint shop with very reasonable prices.

Da wife has the info and is not home at the moment but if you PM me...

If you don't mind posting it here, I'm also interested.

Okay..

Headed south on Hangdong Rd, past Makro and less than a kilometer from the Big-C intersection there is a road to the left, VERY easy to miss but has a temple-sorta arch over the road.

This is within sight of the 7-Eleven but perhaps 50 meters before it.

Take the left then about 60 meters down is the first road to the left - again, easy to miss.

Turn left there, follow the road around to the right and the small shop is almost immediately on the left side.

I haven't heard a word of English there but pointing works. Take a Thai-speaker with you to tell them that you are willing to pay for 'best quality' paint.

I have had a couple of crunches when someone gave me no avenue of escape - one crumpled in the front grille and seriously buckled the hood (bonnet?) all the way across. Unbelievably, 3000B and the bodywork/paintjob was masterful.

Another more serious one was when a monster truck coming at me took a corner too fast and lost control and my only option was to leave the roadway or be killed. I thought I was okay when I shot into someone's driveway but when I grazed the bushes at the entrance, there was a hidden stone column that ripped the side of my car from mid front door all the way back down the quarterpanel. The rear door was pushed in, windows jammed, serious damage.

7000 Baht, including 'best quality' paint and a friend from the States who is a bodyshop guy says the work is, again, masterful.

I wouldn't go anywhere else...

I don't know Dustoff but I trust his posts. However, if you want a reliable mid-range bodyshop in the city centre, I can recommend Bodyshop Sport run by Khun Anusorn.

As you join the moat from the south east corner, having driven up Sridornchai Rd from the Night Bazaar, take the second tiny soi to the left, well before CM Gate. Bodyshop is the first large workshop on your left in 50 meters.

Khun Anusorn has no English and is currently very busy. Understandable when you realise he will do a complete panel straightening job and re-spray on a small saloon for 20,000b (inc all door shuts and details) and recently did an all-over spray (same colour, but all trim removed & replaced) on a Jeep Cherokee for 25k.

Over the years he has sometimes knocked out 'parking dents' and polished out scratches for me free of charge. A real star.

I don't know Dustoff but I trust his posts. However, if you want a reliable mid-range bodyshop in the city centre, I can recommend Bodyshop Sport run by Khun Anusorn.

As you join the moat from the south east corner, having driven up Sridornchai Rd from the Night Bazaar, take the second tiny soi to the left, well before CM Gate. Bodyshop is the first large workshop on your left in 50 meters.

Khun Anusorn has no English and is currently very busy. Understandable when you realise he will do a complete panel straightening job and re-spray on a small saloon for 20,000b (inc all door shuts and details) and recently did an all-over spray (same colour, but all trim removed & replaced) on a Jeep Cherokee for 25k.

Over the years he has sometimes knocked out 'parking dents' and polished out scratches for me free of charge. A real star.

thanks for the reply, will go and get some prices