Playstation 2

Bangkok Black Cat

Sorry to be such a big kid, but a few quick PS2 questions?

Does anyone know if the new slimmer version of PS2 is being sold in Thailand yet?

How much is the original PS2 console being sold for in Bangkok?

Which DVD region are most of the PS2 games that are sold here in Bangkok?

Would someone buying a PS2 in Dubai be subject to paying tax on it when arriving in Bangkok?

Thanks ... :o

I was just at "metal bridge" (sapahn lek, chinatown) last week and I didn't see any of the slim PS2s on sale. None at the Sony stores too.

Sony stores sell the old version for around 10k, while stores at "metal bridge" sell for 6k-8k.

The most popular games are imports from Japan, and so have the same code as Japan. Unlocked PS2s can play pretty much anything.

The customs checkpoint at the airport is erratic at best. Sometimes they check and are very strict, sometimes they don't even ask for the customs form. You can take your chances and make up some excuse. I doubt that they'll nab you for a single playstation. Their main target is people who bring in a large amount of goods.

if possible I would go with a PAL version of it, as with modchip you can get a PAL version also to play NTSC movies, but with a NTSC version you can not play PAL movies

if you have any questions let me know, PS2 is my job

h90