Billion Adsl Usb Modem

withnail

Just thought I'd mention to anyone using the Billion modem that you get from True that there are new drivers available from the website www.asianet.co.th.

With the drivers comes a piece of software called TCP Optimiser which you can also get from speedguide.net. Now I'm not sure whether it was the drivers or the optimisation software which made the difference but I'm pretty sure that after installing both of them my speeds improved.

Let me know what you think, particularly if anyone has any ideas about TCP Optimiser.

TCP optimizer comes with the standard TRUE installation disc for the Billion modem. I installed the settings for DSL, but can't say it made a difference. I see that these settings do not match the ones you can work out for DrTCP which is another braodband optimizer. I have no link for Drtcp but I'm sure you can google it. I got it from a site dedicated to broadband.

One thing I did do was increase the number of internet connections in both categories in tcpoptimizer to 70, and set Bit Comet to use slightly fewer connections than that, and it seems to have stopped the system freezes I was having.

I also notice that the tcp optimizer does not recomend the same window buffer size that PCPitstop recommend. But anyway the DSL optimized settings in TCPoptimizer work ok for me.