Booze In Pattaya Now....

BigDamo

Yeah I'm a sucker for Strongbow. Definitely not a steal though at 180 - 220 baht per pint (small pint at that).

You'll find it in most of the 'theme' bars, Jamesons, Shennanigans, Flannigans, Rosies, Pig & Whistle et al, and bottles in alot of the smaller bars, although this works out even more expensive at about 130 baht for a 330 ml bottle.

Don't bother with the ''big name'' Irish bars.. Head down to ''Maggie Mays'' third Rd end of Soi Chaiyapoom..(same road as the Crazy Daves dump) Small friendly English style pub.. A good selection of English Ciders.. and Strongbow on tap.. Pint is only 160 baht (cheaper than my South London local) Plus John Smiths for 150baht a pint.. think they do Asahi for on 70baht a pint in happy hour too... Good place to have a quiet natter and a pint..

I've got no business interest in Maggies.. just a satisfied customer.. :o Oh and I've spent a few bob there too..

Excellent - Strongbow has a tick in the box :o What about a decent wine?? When I was there last I couldn't get either see :D

Places to eat - I used to like the Ruin Thai / PIC kitchen = Still good guys??

How are the fines now? :D

Sorry can not help on the bar fines, never used PIC for years and never seen anything I fancy bar finning at RT...

As for cider, that is great news on its availability but Strongbow is probably not my favorite, just suppose I will have to bring a few cans of scrumpy with me, anybody know what the max customs alowance is for cider?

BB