Longest Visa I Can Get From Newzealand

IE THERE I AM INDIAN CITIZEN PRESENTLY ON STUDENT VISA IN NEWZEALAND...AS I AM PLANNING TO COME TO THAILAND..THE BASIC PURPOSE IS TO STUDY CCNA WHICH IS VERY EXPENSIVE IN NZ ....WELL AS I GIVE THESE EXAMS IN NZ OR THAILAND ITS SAME AS I NEED TO PREPARE FOR THE EXAMS I AM LOOKINN AT A VISA WHERE I CAN STAY IN THAILAND FOR ABOUT 6 TO 12 MONTHS...PLZ LET ME KNOW WHAT VISA SHOULD I GO FOR N WHERE SHOULD I APPLY IN NZ...THANX IN ADVANCE...CHEERS

longest visa i can get from newzealand with indian passport.....n where n how can i apply for it what documents r required ...plz help...cheers

Merged by astral

The first step will be to apply to a college/university here and get yourself accepted.

With the letter of acceptance your can approach the Royal Thai Embassy in Wellington and apply for a Non Immigrant O visa based on your wish to study here.

The embassy will tell you exactly what documents they require.

Once you arrive the education establishment where you are studying will be able to provide the documents to allow you to extend the visa for a whole year.

This page will help you.

If you currently hold valid residence in New Zealand (as with a student visa) you can apply for a non-immigrant visa which will allow a three month stay in Thailand and can be extended with help of school after you arrive. As Astral says you will need letter from Thai school to even apply for this visa. And you will require four copies of everything when you apply. Details here:

http://www.thaiembassynz.org.nz/Visa/non_immigrant_visa.htm

• 2 weeks later...

GUYZ THANKS FOR UR RESPOSE....WELL I FORGOT TO MENTION THAT I DONT WANT JOIN NE UNIVERSITY OR INSTITUTE JUST WANT TO STUDY ON MY OWN SO I NEEDF A VISITORS VISA AND FOR HOW LONG CAN I GET IT FOR.....IF NE ONE CAN TELL ME WHAT CATEGORY ITS QUITE CONFUSING FOR ME ...N ANY ADDRESS IN NZ WHERE I CAN APPLY FOR THE SAME...CHEERS....