Where Is Gold Going In This Market

The gold bugs only want to show charts where the price appears to be going up, a one-way ticket, but the point (which they don't like to hear) is that it is volatile and as has been pointed out on numerous occasions we have a recent period where holding gold was a disaster for 20 years. Charts are more and sometimes less than a comfort blanket or a warm teddy bear to hold tightly with the other thumb being furiously suckled on.

jerk.gif

• Replies 10.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Naam

• flying

• churchill

• midas

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

The gold bugs only want to show charts where the price appears to be going up, a one-way ticket, but the point (which they don't like to hear) is that it is volatile and as has been pointed out on numerous occasions we have a recent period where holding gold was a disaster for 20 years. Charts are more and sometimes less than a comfort blanket or a warm teddy bear to hold tightly with the other thumb being furiously suckled on.

we have a recent period where holding gold was a disaster for 20 years

= heresy, blasphemy, dirty lies! a certain amount of gold has always bought a certain amount of bread loves. gold preserves wealth! 100 ounces of gold bought 2000 B.C. ago and kept in a safe place are still 100 ounces.

av-11672.gif

Edited by Naam

100 ounces of gold bought 2000 B.C. ago and kept in a safe place are still 100 ounces.

Yes basically but for some that is the whole point of it isn't it?

Has any of the gold you said your wife bought given birth to more gold?

Or has any of the bars died of old age or been diluted through printing of more gold?

;)

100 ounces of gold bought 2000 B.C. ago and kept in a safe place are still 100 ounces.

Or has any of the bars died of old age or been diluted through printing of more gold?

wink.png

my wife (and me) were only able to buy gold because of our investments in worthless fiat paper money, which gave birth to more worthless fiat paper money exceeding the amount of worthless fiat paper money we require for a comfortable living. quite surprising is the fact that every piece of jewelry i bought for my wife during the last 35 years and every bar of gold we bought on top of that was paid for by worthless fiat paper money.

we still have to find a way to pay for the purchase of any additional gold with the appreciation of our existing gold. in case one of the gold lovers has discovered that secret please share it with me.

we still have to find a way to pay for the purchase of any additional gold with the appreciation of our existing gold. in case one of the gold lovers has discovered that secret please share it with me.

No secret & I am sure we all bought gold with paper initially

Or currency of the realm :)

wink.png

wink.png

cool trick.. takes a few minutes of practice and my son just loved it.

Long term charts .. better whistling.gif

http://goldsilverwor...old-and-silver/

which currencies have appreciated against gold over the last 10 years ?

Hello Churchill

you seem to be the most knowledgeable person on here about gold so I have a question.

Before we kept seeing the price smashed down as soon as it reached a certain level and this kept happening very regularly. I noticed some people who make comments called it a conspiracy theory to suggest that it was being done deliberately.

But now that pattern of behaviour seems to have stopped. Or it's certainly not as prevalent.

Do you happen to know why this kind of up-and-down movement seems to have ceased and if there were forces behind it who wanted to keep the price down what is stopping them from continuing this strategy?

Thanks

Edited by Asiantravel

Hello Churchill

you seem to be the most knowledgeable person on here about gold so I have a question.

Before we kept seeing the price smashed down as soon as it reached a certain level and this kept happening very regularly. I noticed some people who make comments called it a conspiracy theory to suggest that it was being done deliberately.

But now that pattern of behaviour seems to have stopped. Or it's certainly not as prevalent.

Do you happen to know why this kind of up-and-down movement seems to have ceased and if there were forces behind it who wanted to keep the price down what is stopping them from continuing this strategy?

Thanks

I just look at the trend .. but there are 2 sides to every story .smile.png

http://www.papermone...alent-1980.html

Edited by churchill

let's do some selective period picking whistling.gif

Race to Debase - aug 2011>may 2012 - Gold losing vs. worthless fiat US-Dollar (from $1909 to $1542/ounce)

Take a look vs other currencies; the US Dollar is unique in its safe haven value effect

Hello Churchill

Thanks

A real expert and another local with the right ideas. ...

let's do some selective period picking whistling.gif

Race to Debase - aug 2011>may 2012 - Gold losing vs. worthless fiat US-Dollar (from $1909 to $1542/ounce)

Take a look vs other currencies; the US Dollar is unique in its safe haven value effect

take a look how the "unique safe haven USD" fared against the currency of the worlds highest indebted industrialised country during the last 5 years.

post-35218-0-45349600-1349313473_thumb.j

A real expert and another local with the right ideas. ...

Mar Faber the "real expert" and one of his "expertises":

May 27, 2009 (Bloomberg) -- The U.S. economy will enter “hyperinflation” approaching the levels in Zimbabwe because the Federal Reserve will be reluctant to raise interest rates, investor Marc Faber said.

Prices may increase at rates “close to” Zimbabwe’s gains, Faber said in an interview with Bloomberg Television in Hong Kong. Zimbabwe’s inflation rate reached 231 million percent in July, the last annual rate published by the statistics office.

“I am 100 percent sure that the U.S. will go into hyperinflation,” Faber said. “The problem with government debt growing so much is that when the time will come and the Fed should increase interest rates, they will be very reluctant to do so and so inflation will start to accelerate.”

av-11672.gif

May 27, 2009 00:54 EDT

Faber, the publisher of the Gloom, Boom & Doom report, said on April 7 stocks could fall as much as 10 percent before resuming gains. The Standard & Poor’s 500 Index has since climbed 9 percent.

whistling.gif

Commentators like Marc Faber are only adopted as experts to the degree that they agree with the gold bugs stopped-clock prognostications.

An example is Dennis Gartman who was a gold bug pin-up boy until the day he called gold down and then he was vilified.

Edited by yoshiwara

May 27, 2009 00:54 EDT

Faber, the publisher of the Gloom, Boom & Doom report, said on April 7 stocks could fall as much as 10 percent before resuming gains. The Standard & Poor’s 500 Index has since climbed 9 percent.

whistling.gif

Which Experts are 100% correct looking forwards ... If you listen to Faber , recorded 2 days ago , he talks a lot of sense ...but Of course Naam and Yoshiwara ( Batman and Robin ) are correct 100% looking backwards ......whistling.gif

'Holy crystal ball, Batman! How did you see that coming?'laugh.png

-if you can judge whether somebody makes a lot of sense (or not) it's not wortwhile to listen to him/her.

-cheap nonsensical assumptions can't beat facts based on evidence.

Marc Faber changes his opinion as often i change my underwear (three times daily).

Monday, 01 Oct 2012 09:32 AM

Gloom, Boom & Doom publisher Marc Faber says he's bearish on all assets in the near term — including gold.

Gold, as well as equities and other commodities, "will face some profit taking," Faber tells Fox Business Network. "[Gold] has had a huge rally — the low was $1,522 last December and we are now over $1,700 and I think we need a correction here.

"In fact, I am now bearish about practically all assets near term. I think we’re entering a correction time where there will be some disappointments, where stock markets … can easily drop 20 percent.”

-if you can judge whether somebody makes a lot of sense (or not) it's not wortwhile to listen to him/her.

-cheap nonsensical assumptions can't beat facts based on evidence.

Marc Faber changes his opinion as often i change my underwear (three times daily).

Monday, 01 Oct 2012 09:32 AM

Gloom, Boom & Doom publisher Marc Faber says he's bearish on all assets in the near term — including gold.

Gold, as well as equities and other commodities, "will face some profit taking," Faber tells Fox Business Network. "[Gold] has had a huge rally — the low was $1,522 last December and we are now over $1,700 and I think we need a correction here.

"In fact, I am now bearish about practically all assets near term. I think we’re entering a correction time where there will be some disappointments, where stock markets … can easily drop 20 percent.”

What did he say that was different from your quote ....

and I am not surprised that you have to change your underwear three times daily the amount of shit you exude ...laugh.png

and I am not surprised that you have to change your underwear three times daily the amount of shit you exude ...laugh.png

poor boys like you, who have no own professional opinion, lack even rudimentary economic knowlwdge and resorting to insults are quite amusing. but best is always some quoted or links to rubbish which is published for blind cattle.

must resist urge to comment......passifier.gif

Perhaps some helpful suggestions ...smile.png

http://www.dezeen.co...arie-bengtsson/

seems to me like that would only help to keep your smelly clothes from smelling up your closet and the other clothes in it. I personally don't hang up dirty clothes. Guess I need to to read more how germans do things to understand why they would even bother with this.