Any Restrictions On Sending Back 1 Mio Baht Out Of Los ?

I have send into my Thai bank account over 2 years more than 1 mio baht

If I want to send this money back outside of Thailand

Are there any restrictions to doing this ?

Thanks

When you brought the money into Thailand in the first place, what reason did you give? If you said the money was for living expenses then you cannot reasonably be expected to have not spent it therefore no, you cannot send it back out again. But if you brought the money into Thailand to buy real estate that you have now sold then yes, you can send it out again as long as you can show that tax has been paid on the sale of your real estate. If on the other hand we are talking about money that has just 'magically appeared' then you could potentially send it back out again as long as you don't send more than USD20,000 at a time or else the bank and the BOT will want to ask you some questions.

Thanks

I assume you can document that you transfered the money inn. For such an amount you can only transfer back out to an account in your name. Dont need to go to the same account you transfered in from, but must be a personal acount in your name.

WB

Thanks

I assume you can document that you transfered the money inn. For such an amount you can only transfer back out to an account in your name. Dont need to go to the same account you transfered in from, but must be a personal acount in your name.

WB

Yes I can document the transfer (incoming)

Thanks for the reply

Last time I checked, the restrictions on the amount of money you could transfer out of Thailand had been lifted, according to the BB. This was maybe half a year ago so it may have changed again.

And you think they are now what? If they have changed I have missed that news.