Weather Next Week

that was a hel_l of a storm that blew through here in the last hour. i can't remember the last time i saw wind and rain like that. amazingly, no power cut at my house but the rest of seathanu is out.

That was only the outer ring of the storm wow,looks like we are getting another load later. :o

Road on the way between Bangkok Hospital and Tesco is just about passable in a pickup. Wouldn't recommend for anything lower or motorbike. Plenty of people wading home. The kanom jeen shop by the PTT was bailing out water. Levels hadn't quite reached the top of the wall though. The tessabaan were just before Bangkok Hospital pumping when we passed on our way, worst of the flooding seemed to be the bit just before the bridge between the PTT and Laem Din turning.

Our road has a stream running through it right now. A few years ago the water was so strong it actually created a several foot deep trench, so it could be worse :o

Oooh and be careful in that area by Bangkok hospital. It's impossible to tell where the road starts and the trench stops...

Edited by naomisri

that was a hel_l of a storm that blew through here in the last hour. i can't remember the last time i saw wind and rain like that. amazingly, no power cut at my house but the rest of seathanu is out.

Is it worst than 2005?

Have to be on Phangan by this coming weekend.

Already Thai Airways tomorrow flight to Surat (temporary?!?) suspended ; but obviously for different reasons...

Is the sea o.k. with Lomprayah from Chumpon ; or better 999 bus through Donsak and then ferry?

Thanks in advance for viable suggestion(s)...

Is it worst than 2005?

Have to be on Phangan by this coming weekend.

Already Thai Airways tomorrow flight to Surat (temporary?!?) suspended ; but obviously for different reasons...

Is the sea o.k. with Lomprayah from Chumpon ; or better 999 bus through Donsak and then ferry?

Thanks in advance for viable suggestion(s)...

Maybe this will help you make up your mind LG.

Warning

"Heavy Rain in South, Strong Winds in Gulf"

No. 21 (434/2551) Time Issued : November 26, 2008

The strong northeast monsoon dominates the South and the Gulf of Thailand, and a low pressure cell near the shore line of Malaysia. These cause torrential rain and isolated heavy to very heavy fall for the South of Thailand. People in risk areas of Chumphon, Surat Thani, Nakhon Si Thammarat, Phatthalung, Songkhla, Pattani, Yala and Narathiwat provinces should beware of flooding conditions in the following 1-2 days (26-27 November). Strong winds and high waves have been likely in the Gulf until 1 December, and all ships should proceed with caution while small boats keep ashore.

The surge of rather high pressure has extended to cover the upper Thailand and brings cooler weather, 2-3°C drop and windy.

Edited by Rooo

Don't know if the 999 govt bus is running or not as last I heard there was some pretty major flooding on the mainland. You could try calling their Bangkok office to see if the buses are getting through. 02-894-6122 ext 5. The Koh Phangan office is 077-238-507 or 077- 238-762

Last I heard the Lomprayah was running, don't know how bad it is tho.

Thanks rooo & sbkk, for prompt answers.

We are delaying this trip and, hopefully, will make it next week.

Just called some friends, in Thongsala, about roads situation (had to go to Tansadet) ; and they said: no way!

I know: no risk... no fun ; but this time I am not traveling alone.

Just called some friends, in Thongsala, about roads situation (had to go to Tansadet) ; and they said: no way!

lazygourmet, I just saw the 999 govt buses getting ready to depart the island, so it appears they are running.

lazygourmet, I just saw the 999 govt buses getting ready to depart the island, so it appears they are running.

Thank you sbk for information.

Just changed weekend plan, Hua Hin sounds more easy... for our guests!

Anyway will go -by my own- to Phangan end of next week.

Hope for you, local residents, that rain did not cause to much damage.

When living in Phangan I used to love this time of the year; but as a visitor now, I just realize how inconvenient can it be to reach it. Especially when you cannot even board a plane to Surat!

Cheers...

Michel

ah well i stayed as optimistic as possible, etihad offered different options but none are suitable or booked up with others in a similar position. I've got a refund and am spending it on a holiday to goa where i've been several times and have friends there too which has worked out £400 cheaper including the accomodation bit and guaranteed sun something not available on samui!! i've switched my bkk air flight to my april hol as i'd already booked bkk air for my feb hol, was hoping to go somewhere different in april but no rerouting allowed so i've lost nothing other than a £40 deposit on the hotel. Looks like i'm hunting for western women then, no challange there either :D cheerio enjoy. Best stay away from bombay though eh :o