Are Bars, Clubs Etc. Closed This Weekend?

girlx

i probably won't do much of anything since my little thaivisa crew has scattered... but if there is no nightlife this weekend then many people will probably escape bangkok for the islands and such, leaving my regular haunts here peaceful and pleasant... :o

I have a friend in the trade in lower Sukhimvit, he tells me that details are still a little sketchy but from what he can gather it'll be something like this.

Sukhumvit naughty nightlife bars will be closed for the 3 days.

Most pub and restaurants across town will be open and from what it sounds like will be serving. He thinks all forms of entertainment like live music and such will not be allowed. Outside lights may even be off as well.

Clubs will almost certainly be closed.

Saturday is the main day, therefore some Pubs/Restaurants that are open and serving on Fri and Sun may not be serving or even open on Sat.

I did my research on Wednesday night. :D

This may not be correct but came straight from people in the trade.

It is optional for entertainment venues to close or open this weekend.

It is expected that the majority of entertainment venues that are owned by Thais or have Thai management will be closed.

It is expected that all Farang owned venues will be open for business as usual.

As per usual I doubt you will be able to buy booze in the supermarkets. :o

One of our most reliable Pattaya members posted this:

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/Closed-14-16...88#entry2329388

This is for Banglamung region, maybe different elsewhere, but my friend in BK concurred.

Anyone been to 7-11 and tried to buy a beer yet?

Not yet mate, I usually wait till 930 am before I start drinking.

haha, 30 minutes to go - keep us updated

Anyone got any up to date info on tonight? Are bars open? Maybe in Khao San? Are 7-11 or supermarkets selling? Khao Tom restaurants?

Just bought 3 bottles of Singha from a local chinese shop, they seemed to want to keep it hush-hush, but I think its a misunderstanding, with no clear orders going out, it seems left to each shop keeper to figure it out. The previous mentioned call to the Wattana police district was quite clear that alcohol could still be served, just show respect and no live or loud music.

/bbp

just wondering.

Well, I rolled past Nana and Cowboy a few hours ago and they were like gloomy alleys with shutters down and nothing open, farang walking like the undead with nowhere to go! :D

A lot of pssed off tourists with dazed expressions and wondering what city they were in drinking tea instead of tiger beer.

The ancient profession of 'human interation' between local and foreigner was going on the streets instead of the bars so I suppose in a metaphysical sense there is an 'open sense' if you get my drift :o

So I'd say it's gonna be like this for a few more days then back to the neon glory we all love :D

Jools Bar folk say the same.

Rama IX there was a biker bar open though so some places away from the main 'zones' might be worth a look.

Edited by JimsKnight