Issan Wood

TexasRanger

I have taken delivery of some wood here in Issan and I am at a loss for an English translation for it, I have visited every site I can think of and checked all the wood threads here but to no avail. The locals call it "Mai Pa Yoong". It is lovely wood and apparently very commonly shipped to Japan, there is not much of it left in Thailand and is only available now in Issan (allegedly).

That's all I know about it, so any ideas would be great.

I have taken delivery of some wood here in Issan and I am at a loss for an English translation for it, I have visited every site I can think of and checked all the wood threads here but to no avail. The locals call it "Mai Pa Yoong". It is lovely wood and apparently very commonly shipped to Japan, there is not much of it left in Thailand and is only available now in Issan (allegedly).

Read through this thread http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/Local-Wood-V...es-t201757.html and you'll find "The Latin name for mai paiyun is Dalbergia cochinchinensis and the common name is Thai or Siam Rosewood."

rgds

Read through this thread http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/Local-Wood-V...es-t201757.html and you'll find "The Latin name for mai paiyun is Dalbergia cochinchinensis and the common name is Thai or Siam Rosewood."

rgds

I did read through that but obviously not thoroughly enough, I am now going to give myself a good talking too. Thanks. :o