Air Asia In Chiang Mai

Ulysses G.

I was at the airport office yesterday checking my flights and assured me that if anything needed to be done, all I would have to do was go to their town office. :o

That him that they either could not do anything or keep closing unexpectedly. Asked him to call them to make sure they would be there and was told. "no problem, they open about 9 or 10 and close about 8pm" Got there last night about 7pm and they had already shut. Went straight to the airport to have a polite talk about it and it was a suprise to them why it was not open. :D

• 11 months later...
I was at the airport office yesterday checking my flights and assured me that if anything needed to be done, all I would have to do was go to their town office. :)

That him that they either could not do anything or keep closing unexpectedly. Asked him to call them to make sure they would be there and was told. "no problem, they open about 9 or 10 and close about 8pm" Got there last night about 7pm and they had already shut. Went straight to the airport to have a polite talk about it and it was a suprise to them why it was not open. :D

From above post

"That him that they either could not do anything or keep closing unexpectedly."

I love Air Asia so much that I would like to have this translated.....

oh you sillybilly

From above post

"That him that they either could not do anything or keep closing unexpectedly."

I love Air Asia so much that I would like to have this translated.....

oh you sillybilly

:D I tend to agree. I think they are hard at work answering phone calls as the number is always engaged :) .

However, they do have some earlier morning flights than Thai Air.

Edited by WaiWai

Where exactly is the Chiang Mai Air Asia office and is it still open?

Can ticket changes not be made at any of their airport "stalls"?

Thanks.

The main office in Chaing Mai is/was at 416 Thaphae Road. Check the link here or here

There is/was also (on my last visit) an office on the second floor at the airport (internal flight terminal).

Edited by thecatman

Gonzo will like the link too:

"Sporting a trendy look and friendly atmosphere offering, ..."

"Now, travelers in Chiang Mai can easily buy AirAsia seats by simply visiting our convenient location office.”

"Thai AirAsia is well-positioned to support guests’ needs with our fun, friendly and high quality service in all customer touch points"

It does state, "The new sales office brings to three the total number of Thai AirAsia sales offices in Chiang Mai. The other two are sales counter located at Chiang Mai International Airport and sales kiosk at Tesco Lotus Kad Kamtiang."

I like the use of "kiosk". Wonder if these other offices are still operative.

Also gives a different ph. no. to the ususal (constantly engaged) one: 0-53234-645

waiwai

re .... Where exactly is the Chiang Mai Air Asia office

according to the small sign in the pic its near starbucks at thapae gate !

i for one dont think it can get much nearer unless it moves into starbucks itself

enjoy pics .... dave2

ps .... re ..... is the sales kiosk at Tesco Lotus Kad Kamtiang still open... yes ... well it was a few days ago !

Well, I can say from reading the biz section of Bangkok Post assiduously, there are 2 things.

1) Air Asia (and Thai Air Asia) are going to offer ticketing through Amadeus. means you can go to pretty much any hole-in-a-wall agent and buy a ticket.

2) After creating a new hub in Phuket, Air Asia is creating an additional hub in Chiang Mai. Hub= planes parked here overnight, additional staff/infrastructure, etc.

They will be offering flights Chiang Mai-Phuket direct by this December, according to articles I read. Also international flights from Chiang Mai to southern China (Guangzou?).

Before they were an internet-only booking airline, that offered very limited services through a few satellite offices.

I believe this Amadeus booking deal has already happened, or will happen shortly.

Gonzo will like the link too:

"Sporting a trendy look and friendly atmosphere offering, ..."

"Now, travelers in Chiang Mai can easily buy AirAsia seats by simply visiting our convenient location office.”

"Thai AirAsia is well-positioned to support guests’ needs with our fun, friendly and high quality service in all customer touch points"

It does state, "The new sales office brings to three the total number of Thai AirAsia sales offices in Chiang Mai. The other two are sales counter located at Chiang Mai International Airport and sales kiosk at Tesco Lotus Kad Kamtiang."

I like the use of "kiosk". Wonder if these other offices are still operative.

Also gives a different ph. no. to the ususal (constantly engaged) one: 0-53234-645

Gotlost, ..... are you writing text for Air Asia now ????

:)

from the above post:

Edited by Gonzo the Face

After numerous attempts, I made phone contact :) !!!! with the local Air Asia office (ph. no. in thecatman's link and my post above). Tickets cannot be changed over the phone, though. You must "walk in" (go in person). Yesterday, the Thapae Gate office had a hand written sign stating they were closed from 4 - 5 pm. I guess all that phone-answering can take it out of you.

Thanks for the help, all.

Must admire mcgriffith's assiduity in reading the BKK Post business section (a requirement for moderators, to which group mcg belongs, but with such subtlety I almost forgot -- another :D due?) but "southern China (Guangzou?)" would be about the last place on this planet I recommend visiting. China has some great, interesting places to vsiit. While there may well be worse places, I have not yet experienced anything worse than GZ.

Edited by WaiWai

After numerous attempts, I made phone contact :) !!!! with the local Air Asia office (ph. no. in thecatman's link and my post above). Tickets cannot be changed over the phone, though. You must "walk in" (go in person). Yesterday, the Thapae Gate office had a hand written sign stating they were closed from 4 - 5 pm. I guess all that phone-answering can take it out of you.

Thanks for the help, all.

Must admire mcgriffith's assiduity in reading the BKK Post business section (a requirement for moderators, to which group mcg belongs, but with such subtlety I almost forgot -- another :D due?) but "southern China (Guangzou?)" would be about the last place on this planet I recommend visiting. China has some great, interesting places to vsiit. While there may well be worse places, I have not yet experienced anything worse than GZ.

Steubinville , Ohio

Steubinville , Ohio

OK; have not yet had the pleasure. May I ask what the particular features of this Ohian "hub" are ?

The biggest claim to fame or disfame is that Dino Crocetti was born there and they named their freeway after him. Its almost a mile long .

Jokingly its the arm pit of the world..... but in truth believed to be several joints lower....

oh by the way.... Dino Crocetti, was known by some people as Dean Martin.

[all kidding aside its not really a bad place] a lot like Tachalek

an afternote...... Air Asia may being putting on a direct flight to Steubinville, if the town fathers will extend the freeway just a little and put stop lights at both ends

Edited by Gonzo the Face

I guess the point I was trying to make is that Air Asia, and affiliates Thai Air Asia and Air Asia X were designed from day one to be budget airlines.

Like Ryan Air in UK, or Southwest Airlines in the US.

They offered only internet booking before, with the exception of a few satellite offices ("kiosks" would be a better term).

So now they have broadened their customer base by offering ticketing through Amadeus.

And are offering flights to international locations in the SE Asia region.

I'm personally not a huge fan of the airline; my last flight into CM (two months ago) was on Thai.

Antique 737 with miserable seating layout.

Most of the Air Asia flights I've taken were on almost new planes, with a reasonably efficient and attentive crew.

If you don't like them, don't fly them.

I guess the point I was trying to make is that Air Asia, and affiliates Thai Air Asia and Air Asia X were designed from day one to be budget airlines.

Like Ryan Air in UK, or Southwest Airlines in the US.

They offered only internet booking before, with the exception of a few satellite offices ("kiosks" would be a better term).

So now they have broadened their customer base by offering ticketing through Amadeus.

And are offering flights to international locations in the SE Asia region.

I'm personally not a huge fan of the airline; my last flight into CM (two months ago) was on Thai.

Antique 737 with miserable seating layout.

Most of the Air Asia flights I've taken were on almost new planes, with a reasonably efficient and attentive crew.

If you don't like them, don't fly them.

It's also quite possible that Air Asia could care less if we think that Guangzhou is not a desirable destination. If they fly that route it's much more likely the reason is that they think the residents of Guangzhou would like to visit CM. Air Asia flies KL to Tianjin. I've never met anyone who wanted to go to Tianjin. I don't think I know anyone who has even heard of Tianjin. (It's a great route if you want to get to Beijing cheaply).

I'm a big fan of Air Asia. they do exactly what they promise they'll do at a very good price. But as McG said "If you don't like them, don't fly them."

The biggest claim to fame or disfame is that Dino Crocetti was born there and they named their freeway after him. Its almost a mile long .

Jokingly its the arm pit of the world..... but in truth believed to be several joints lower....

oh by the way.... Dino Crocetti, was known by some people as Dean Martin.

[all kidding aside its not really a bad place] a lot like Tachalek

an afternote...... Air Asia may being putting on a direct flight to Steubinville, if the town fathers will extend the freeway just a little and put stop lights at both ends

Now, Tianjin I have heard of. One of the PRC's largest cities, I believe.