Suvarnubhumi Closed Till At Least December 15th

jrbkk64

bangkokpost and the nation still reports it as 15 dec. :o

Associate Press states flights resume Friday;

"Please have confidence in us," said Vudhibhandhu Vichairatana, the chairman of the Airports of Thailand.

He called the flights a birthday gift for Thailand's revered King Bhumibol Adulyadej, who turns 81 on Dec. 5. The airport reopened to cargo flights Tuesday.

Officials had earlier said the airport would not reopen for commercial flights before Dec. 15, but Vudhibhandhu said he brought forward the date because an inspection revealed the airport had suffered no damage and could become operational more quickly

Sadly will not make a difference for me anymore when the airport opens. I was supposed to fly the 26th of November, but all flights with Gulf Air and Emirates are fully booked until the 30th of December. Not even Business Class. So I'm screwed either way. I hope that some people will cancel by the 4th/5th of December so I can get a seat. I'll sit in the lavatory if I have to!!!!!! lol

I know 2,000 baht/day compensation do not go very far. Thai people who is affected get nothing.

How can they check an airport as big as BKK, clean up the place, reconfigure IT, and secure the place in less than 5 days? Either it will take a miracle or a lot of corner cutting. Thing is, I'd be worried that some terrorist has concealed weapons in that gigantic airport. Scary prospect. What's to stop a bunch of determined maniacs from going nuts in the terminals now that it is obvious that there is no security? It will be like flying into Nigeria or Chad.

This topic continue here:

BREAKING NEWS:

Suvarnabhumi to partly open Friday, Protesters leave Airports, Govt House

Full story:

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/Suvarnabhumi...-O-t227152.html

Thaivisa Flight Services:

Find a flight in or out of Thailand today - We have them!:

http://www.thaivisa.com/latest/thaivisa-ex...assistance.html