Visa extension stamped until 2085

I got my first retirement visa last week in Bangkok.

After being shunted back and forth several times from Room 102 to the front desk my pasport was stamped. On the way out I looked again at my passport just to make sure it had actually hapened and I was not dreaming, a few hours in the that place does have an effect on you , and I noticed my visa was stamped "valid until 2085", By then I will be 142............... is this record ? Should I confess ? Will I be charged with tampering with a stamp ?

I got my first retirement visa last week in Bangkok.

After being shunted back and forth several times from Room 102 to the front desk my pasport was stamped. On the way out I looked again at my passport just to make sure it had actually hapened and I was not dreaming, a few hours in the that place does have an effect on you , and I noticed my visa was stamped "valid until 2085",  By then I will be 142............... is this record ? Should I confess ? Will I be charged with tampering with a stamp ?

:o:D:D We need some 'visa' experts to anwer this one. But if I were you, I would turn up at immigration for a one year extension in 11 months' time :D

"valid until 2085",  By then I will be 142............... is

Nice one, Sparkles. Suggest one more trip to have it corrected to 2005.

If you are lucky they will even say 'solly'.

If you stay beyond 2005 or until 2085 :o you will be overstaying, as it is your mistake not to see their mistake.

Only half joking, your application specified a period of stay, I assume you asked for 1 year, before leaving the counter you should have checked and known something is wrong.

The government is never wrong and I am more or less quoting above explanation, when my permission to stay was stamped til 31st i.o. 13th.

Edited by Axel

Is this the new Visa that the guy in Pattaya was talking about?

I agree with Lop.............

"did you really mean this??"

There should be no problem about tampering as the stamp goes in your passport and a duplicate in their records.

NB. It is always a good idea to check the stamp they give you, whether at the airport or the Immigration Office, as mistakes do occur.