Kawasaki Er6n

12DrinkMore

I am looking for red YSS skocks for ny ER6n in Pattaya. Any idea? The Kawa shop only has way ugly violet ones and they need 2 weeks to order!!! Any good mailorder shop? What a reasonable price for the shocks?

Cheers

About 12k Baht if you order direct from YSS. Google for contact info. Ride On, T

Hiya

Seems they don't have a webshop. I have part no. though but there is no information on price, payment, colors etc.

Nobody in Pattaya except for Kawa/Mityon on Sukhumvit?

Cheers

Um, no webshop, but they do answer the phone Monday-Friday during business hours :)

• Replies 3.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Tony 2mora @ Bira??????????????????????

Baby born yet?????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

No baby yet!

Found a couple inspirational vids to get me psyched for tomorrow ;)

The Art of Slide by Ben Spies-

Near high side and amazing save!

WOOT!

Edited by BigBikeBKK

Tony 2mora @ Bira??????????????????????

Baby born yet?????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

No baby yet!

Found a couple inspirational vids to get me psyched for tomorrow ;)

The Art of Slide by Ben Spies-

Near high side and amazing save!

WOOT!

Great fun today again, I forgot to ask if you got any pics???????

Nice of that Thai guy on the MV Agusta F4 to commpliment me on me keeping up with him. It was a 750cc, I thought it was a 1000cc hehehe.

Next time I will get better and I will post a pic of my leathers with NO knees now 555555jap.gifjap.gif

Here are some pics from yesterday when I went to change my oil, filter and coolant before the track day today. :o

Bwah! Why'd they take your engine apart?!:o

Oh! Just saw the TWO BROS pipe- that's not your bike! :lol:

(But why did they take it apart???) :unsure:

AWESOME fun at BIRA yesterday! B)

Will post up some pics in the Pirelli Track Day thread soon.

Ride On!

Tony

Here are some pics from yesterday when I went to change my oil, filter and coolant before the track day today. :o

Ride On!

Tony

hahaha yeh Tony great fun, how did you guys get on in the race?

I couldn't find out why the tops of both pistons were burnt through, dodgy fuel?

Great can't wait to see the pics.

Ride On!

Tony

I couldn't find out why the tops of both pistons were burnt through, dodgy fuel?

Burnt through?

EX650Pistons.jpg

Sorry, I'm not seeing it- those pistons look pretty healthy to me...

Ride On!

Tony

Burnt through?

EX650Pistons.jpg

Yes mate, burnt through on the front edges, probably my poor photography to blame, sorry.

Ride On!

Tony

Burnt through?

EX650Pistons.jpg

Yes mate, burnt through on the front edges, probably my poor photography to blame, sorry.

Ah, ok, now I see it- my guess, and it's only a guess, is that the owner installed the TWO BROS but didn't bother getting a bung welded to the S-Pipe for the O2 sensor and ran the bike with the sensor disconnected. Bike then runs lean and burns the pistons. That's my theory anyway ;)

EX650Pistons.jpg

Ah, ok, now I see it- my guess, and it's only a guess, is that the owner installed the TWO BROS but didn't bother getting a bung welded to the S-Pipe for the O2 sensor and ran the bike with the sensor disconnected. Bike then runs lean and burns the pistons. That's my theory anyway ;)

seconded, typical lean burn due to sensor not connected. Pistons and valves need fuel as cooling, not available during lean burn which occurs very often when lambdasond is disconnected or not working.

as for the others of us with sensor connected, lean burning can be avoided by not keeping constant throttle position and speed. just like breaking in an engine, but less extreme. Just a small variation on throttle position every 2-3 minutes avoids lean burning.

Having previously had a Puig windscreen on my bike, I'm looking to get a new one that will give me some greater wind protection as the Puig did a great job of keeping wind away from my chest, but it happened to funnel it all towards my head!

I was recommended Double Bubble screens. They don't make a screen for the er6n, but I thought I could get a bracket made up here as others have. Anyone have experience with Double bubble screens? Any suggestions on which would go well on the er6n? You can see some of the Kawasaki makes at these two sites:

http://www.fastbikebits.com/product/598/kawasaki-double-bubble-screens/4a1491beaa52e51b2f92a11d081b2fae

http://www.doublebubblescreens.com/kawasaki_1.html

Thanks

Morien

Having previously had a Puig windscreen on my bike, I'm looking to get a new one that will give me some greater wind protection as the Puig did a great job of keeping wind away from my chest, but it happened to funnel it all towards my head!

I was recommended Double Bubble screens. They don't make a screen for the er6n, but I thought I could get a bracket made up here as others have. Anyone have experience with Double bubble screens? Any suggestions on which would go well on the er6n? You can see some of the Kawasaki makes at these two sites:

http://www.fastbikeb...f92a11d081b2fae

http://www.doublebub...kawasaki_1.html

Thanks

Morien

dunno if its good or not but just found while surfing around

http://www.er6thailand.com/board/index.php?topic=14702.0

http://www.fastbikebits.com/product/598/kawasaki-double-bubble-screens/4a1491beaa52e51b2f92a11d081b2fae

http://www.doublebubblescreens.com/kawasaki_1.html

Thanks

Morien

Will you sell the Puig?

Cheers

Hili: Thanks for the link. The screen is a bit pricey for a local made deal (5500bht), but what struck my attention was the exhausts further below.

moo9: Sorry, I don't have it any more.

thaicbr: That's more like it. Thanks! I'll get in contact with them. The site says that it is not yet for sale, but will get in contact and find out more information. Thanks again.

nikster: According to the site, they aren't yet for sale, but when they are, shouldn't be any more than 1,XXX bht. ไม่ น่า เกิน พัน กว่า ๆ = Shouldn't exceed 1,XXX bht.

I was in there a few weeks ago. The wait for a new Er6N was 3 weeks and for the Versys 4....well, I think that's what he said. I asked about some other models. He did have one 250 available straight away....and a Vulcan 900, whoopy doo! t

I was in there a few weeks ago. The wait for a new Er6N was 3 weeks and for the Versys 4....well, I think that's what he said. I asked about some other models. He did have one 250 available straight away....and a Vulcan 900, whoopy doo! t

Cheers, I've got 4 people wanting to buy new er6ns.jap.gif

Pity they don't do it in slime green. Only the F for that colour.cool.gif

Keep those good times rolling.jap.gif

Getting decidedly hot out there now for riding round. I'm in the car more now with aircon and music. I will wait until about 5pm to go anywhere now I think.sad.gif

Phewohmy.gif

As there is apparently a shortage of new ER6n's at the moment I thought I'd list some good deals on second hand ER6n's

http://www.er6thaila...p?topic=15022.0

http://www.er6thaila...p?topic=14975.0

http://www.thaisecon.../CA8996701.html

Let the Good Times ROLL!

Tony

Hiya Tony, hows Ninja doing?

You don't know where I could buy black rear sprocket do you?

Keep those good time rolling.

NormanWjap.gif

As there is apparently a shortage of new ER6n's at the moment I thought I'd list some good deals on second hand ER6n's

http://www.er6thaila...p?topic=15022.0

http://www.er6thaila...p?topic=14975.0

http://www.thaisecon.../CA8996701.html

Let the Good Times ROLL!

Tony

Hiya Tony, hows Ninja doing?

You don't know where I could buy black rear sprocket do you?

Keep those good time rolling.

NormanW :jap:

Baby Ninja is doing awesome! Thanks for asking :jap:

Black rear sprocket? Didn't you just change yours to Gold? ;)

The stock rear sprocket on my 2009 ER6n is Black:

ER6nShoot2-9.jpg

But the same sprocket on my 2011 Versys is Silver... If I remember right the stock sprocket on my 2010 Ninja 650R was Black...

So, pretty sure you can order a Black sprocket from Kawasaki.

Ride On!

Tony

I found this comment amusing since I just returned from a protracted transaction at Kawasaki, where I ran foul of the "you can't buy spares unless you bought a bike from here" rule.

Much voice raising and arm waving later I eventually succeeded by remembering a long time friend who has at least two Kawasaki's. His name wasn't on the magic list but it seemed to work. Either that or as sometimes happens they just wanted shot of me.

I found this comment amusing since I just returned from a protracted transaction at Kawasaki, where I ran foul of the "you can't buy spares unless you bought a bike from here" rule.

Much voice raising and arm waving later I eventually succeeded by remembering a long time friend who has at least two Kawasaki's. His name wasn't on the magic list but it seemed to work. Either that or as sometimes happens they just wanted shot of me.

Um...

How long have you been in Thailand?

Did you know that voice raising and arm waving are the perfect way to NOT get a problem resolved in the Land of Smiles. :jap:

You must learn the fine art of "Polite Persistence" which would get you laughed out the door back home but works amazingly well in this country.

BTW, where did this debacle take place?

Anyone can order spares from Kawasaki, but only customers who have purchased bike(s) from Kawasaki Thailand are entitled to a 10% discount. :whistling:

And your point is moot since NormanW bought his ER6n from the Mityon Kawasaki dealer in Pattaya.

Happy Trails!

Tony

Edited by BigBikeBKK

My stock sprocket, 2010 Ninja 650R is silver.

Ok, just double checked and see that the stock EX650 sprocket is available in two colors.

Silver on the Candy Lime Green 650R

Ninja650RCLGLeftSSR.jpg

Black on the Lime Green 650R:

Ninja650RLimeGreen777LHSSR.jpg

You might notice that the bikes have different color stays, frames, handlebars etc.

Ride On!

Tony

Ok, just double checked and see that the stock EX650 sprocket is available in two colors.

Ninja650RCLGLeftSSR.jpg

You might notice that the bikes have different color stays, frames, handlebars etc.

Ride On!

Tony

Yeh thanks Tony, glad to hear Ninja is fine wink.gif

Looks like they are American spec bikes due to the front and rear reflectors.

I will go down and ask my friends at Mitiyon if they can order me a black rear sprocket as my silver one has done 25k and is dirty biggrin.gif

Nothing like a clean bike and those small bits shining laugh.gif

Keep those good times rolling jap.gif

Ninja650RCLGLeftSSR.jpg

Ride On!

Tony

Yeh thanks Tony, glad to hear Ninja is fine wink.gif

Looks like they are American spec bikes due to the front and rear reflectors.

I will go down and ask my friends at Mitiyon if they can order me a black rear sprocket as my silver one has done 25k and is dirty biggrin.gif

Nothing like a clean bike and those small bits shining laugh.gif

Keep those good times rolling jap.gif

I also fancy black Rental handle bars.

I am in the middle of changing my indicators from the dated orange bulbs to some slime green ones hehe.

To match my side lights.

Also on the list is to completely black out with black tape the tops of the forks.laugh.gif

Also also, i'm trying to order some Pirelli Rosso (again) 170 rear tyres/tires from Charlie, still waiting to hear from her.wink.gif

All I need now is another holiday or weekend to tinker with me bits 555555

Trying to keep those good times rolling.jap.gif

Edited by NormanW