Washed The Bike - Just An Excuse To Post Pics

AnthonyR1

I did notice that you've only being toying with those rear tyres...whats going on there :D

Ants running new rubbers.

Mine are track tyres. Totally shagged I may add. They need replacing soon. But reckon can squeeze another ride outta of em early in the new year.

I'll be keeping Ant's R1 honest for sure... :D

Hard to tell from here, ur tyres don't look too badly shagged but I will take ur word for it. I can imagine that one would need to leave the inner outskirts of BKK before he got too much lean angle happening. I use to ride with a Doctor in Australia (Absolutely mad) who use to ride always on the road with SLICK tyres, he had his own tyre grooving equipment. He had a CBR1000, it was trick but my R1 use to give him a belting LOL.....those 10's are mad tho....geeze u guys suck :D This is like having all the best meat paraded past me & I'm eating a veggie burger :o:D

• Replies 251
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Travelmate,

Thats a nice looking 10, you've been playing with the brakes, or did you buy it that way?

Brakes are Brembos calipers, with galfer wave discs. Using a brembo master cylinder and goodridge stainless steel brake lines. Awesome stopping power and feel

Yes serious SERIOUS brakes....the brakes are something I always attend to, even the standard equipment is so much better when you put the stainless steel brake lines on. I am imagining you're brakes are probably out performing your tyres...GOOD STUFF!

The advantage is the feedback. With so much feel can bury the front tyre into the tarmac... :D:D

Yes I understand, I even did it to my 'pencil'here, I replaced the brake discs & brake lines with stainless ones & it improved things 100%. Good brakes talk to your fingers :o

Travelmate, my ZZR is without ABS. Any advice for break upgrade?

Hey Crobiker,

One of the best things about Brake Upgrades, is you can slowly move thru various components until you get the result you are happy with. Have you thought about doing your brake lines....do them first, you may be surprised at the results.

How much does the 1400 weigh?

depends on the budget and type of riding you do.

Start with Stainless steel brake lines and aftermarket brake pads. That will improve feel and bite.

Then improve from there. with Radial master brake cylinders, wave discs, calipers, etc....

Hey Crobiker,

One of the best things about Brake Upgrades, is you can slowly move thru various components until you get the result you are happy with. Have you thought about doing your brake lines....do them first, you may be surprised at the results.

How much does the 1400 weigh?

Dry weight is 220 kg but I did remove those heavy stock pipes. Yeah, sure would like to take some advice regarding brakes.

neverdie

love the 1098 as well. ducati have gone back to decent looking headlights again! have you been to the ducati shop on thong lor for a drool yet?

travelmate

great pics (show-off) :o

Mate, the 1098 is nice....BUT DON'T SWEAR at my dreambike, its a 1098R. :D

To answer your question, I am actively trying to stay away from the DUCATI SHOP at all cost. I am trying to avoid any MORE rushes of blood to the head & bike purchases until I sus out where I sit financially. The days of me ordering first, then thinking second NEED TO CHANGE! :D

yup....i was given the same advice. went brake lines and pads then galfer wavy discs and a brembo master cylinder.....love it! even on these greasy roads i get loads of feedback

on a side note...tested the triumph tiger yesterday...insane braking on that thing. abs is nice

neverdie

love the 1098 as well. ducati have gone back to decent looking headlights again! have you been to the ducati shop on thong lor for a drool yet?

travelmate

To answer your question, I am actively trying to stay away from the DUCATI SHOP at all cost. I am trying to avoid any MORE rushes of blood to the head & bike purchases until I sus out where I sit financially. The days of me ordering first, then thinking second NEED TO CHANGE! :D

hahaha, I never change, always buy first and regreting later. Thank God wife is very supportive.

neverdie

travelmate

Ant, the Ducati mob definately lost the plot with the 999 look.....had a mate with one of these some years back....absolutely awesome

998rca7.jpg

Crobiker, you would of lost a bit of weight with the pipes, but all loaded up your around the 300kg mark (assuming ur arse is fat like mine) :D . I reakon you will be surprised by starting with a good quality stainless steel brake line kit...you will instantly notice improved feedback.

Anyway, don't go taken advice from a bloke riding a PENCIL....& Please don't run me over when you go past... :D

neverdie

travelmate

hahaha, I never change, always buy first and regreting later. Thank God wife is very supportive.

It was only a few years ago I needed to update my bike in Australia (the current ride was nearing 20,000km) and the farang wife told me that if I bought another bike she was going to leave.....ANYWAY, I basically told her not to let the door hit her in the backside on the way out & I got a new dirt bike to go with my new R1. :D ....Ohh and a costly divorce - but thats another story! :D

neverdie

travelmate

Ant, the Ducati mob definately lost the plot with the 999 look.....had a mate with one of these some years back....absolutely awesome

998rca7.jpg

Crobiker, you would of lost a bit of weight with the pipes, but all loaded up your around the 300kg mark (assuming ur arse is fat like mine) :D . I reakon you will be surprised by starting with a good quality stainless steel brake line kit...you will instantly notice improved feedback.

Anyway, don't go taken advice from a bloke riding a PENCIL....& Please don't run me over when you go past... :D

you're right about that. I am 6'1, 94 kg....like to think of myself as not so fat ass :D

neverdie

travelmate

998rca7.jpg

Anyway, don't go taken advice from a bloke riding a PENCIL....& Please don't run me over when you go past... :wai:

you're right about that. I am 6'1, 94 kg....like to think of myself as not so fat ass :D

For your height, ur not fat arsed, you've got about half a foot on me+ (yes short arse here) & about 5 weeks ago I was at 98kg :D . Having said that, I've lost 10kg in the last 5 weeks & Im on my way to 80kg - after that I should buy myself a real bike for all that hard fat removal work :D

neverdie

travelmate

998rca7.jpg

Anyway, don't go taken advice from a bloke riding a PENCIL....& Please don't run me over when you go past... :wai:

For your height, ur not fat arsed, you've got about half a foot on me+ (yes short arse here) & about 5 weeks ago I was at 98kg :D . Having said that, I've lost 10kg in the last 5 weeks & Im on my way to 80kg - after that I should buy myself a real bike for all that hard fat removal work :D

Yup yup, diet....good stuff. New bike and loads of new chicks queing up around the block. You'll have to beat them with stick bro :P

Oi TM,

Is that what the traffic in you're end of Bkk looks like? :D

Thats Rama 4 on the way to the office. :D

nice pics :D bit more lean than we got today isn't it :o

Ya just a wee bit more lean.

Got any new pics?? :wai:

will upload some more in a bit. have to do some color adjustment.....what do you think of your zx10 in purple? yellow highlights? :D