Most Romantic Hotel

RAZZELL

I dont know if it's the most romantic one (i would think a nice dinner is more romantic than a hotel room), but i can reccomend the metropolitan. I just love the hotel.

Nice dinner place? Well actually another hotel near the river, The royal orchid Sheraton...

But Bkk is a big place, lots of alternatives.

I dont know if it's the most romantic one (i would think a nice dinner is more romantic than a hotel room), but i can reccomend the metropolitan. I just love the hotel.

Nice dinner place? Well actually another hotel near the river, The royal orchid Sheraton...

But Bkk is a big place, lots of alternatives.

This is the place. Check it ou! Arun Residence right on the river. Great restaurant "The Deck" and spectacular views in the evening and lovely romantic rooms. The Metropolitan on Satorn is great but not what I call romantic and the The Royal Orchid Sheraton has great views but is just a mega convention/tourist hotel.

Wow. In some ways I give them credit for having high standards. On the other hand, their own photos of the rooms look...well...poor. I guess what bothers me the most about their web page is not their principles, but rather the rude and abrupt language...seems very un-Thai.

I had to look up catamite!

Have you read the "caveat" page... :o

http://www.theatlantahotelbangkok.com/caveat.php

No catamites! :D

RAZZ

If you wanted to take "someone special" to a romantic hotel in Bangkok on Valentine's, which one would you choose and why?

RAZZ

chic on soi 13 is small and lovely

the one by the river can be nice too, but a little on the large side

in pattaya I love the rabbit resort

RAZZ

That wording is unbelievable... Image turning up with your wife and being consider a 'borderline case' and kicked out, rudely. I'd be most unpleased.

Cheap looking, average at best rooms too.

RAZZ

That wording is unbelievable... Image turning up with your wife and being consider a 'borderline case' and kicked out, rudely. I'd be most unpleased.

The Atlanta Hotel was the place I stayed in Bangkok on my first visit in 1978. It was a old R+R hotel for American servicemen which had turned to backpackers (not called that in the old days) when the Vietnam war had ended. I remember sharing a bedroom with several other guys for about 50 baht a night, and having to 'vacate' the room for several hours while one of the guys brought a girl back. No catamites in those days though. Fond memories.

If you wanted to take "someone special" to a romantic hotel in Bangkok on Valentine's, which one would you choose and why?

RAZZ

Playboy :D

the one's with the rubber curtains as you drive in are pretty romantic I hear :o

It's a classy joint James, even has mirrored ceilings from what I've heard. :D

For this purpose, I like the Dream Hotel, Sukhumvit, Soi 15. The Dream Bangkok is a small, upscale, boutique hotel. The hotel service staff is excellent. The standard rooms come with a 42" plasma TV and DVD player. The suites have an additional TV/DVD unit in the living area, and an additional fridge. All rooms come with a microwave and espresso machine.

P1000845.JPG

P1000837.JPG

Dream Hotel website

WikiMapia location for Dream Hotel

RAZZ

The Atlanta Hotel was the place I stayed in Bangkok on my first visit in 1978. It was a old R+R hotel for American servicemen which had turned to backpackers (not called that in the old days) when the Vietnam war had ended. I remember sharing a bedroom with several other guys for about 50 baht a night, and having to 'vacate' the room for several hours while one of the guys brought a girl back. No catamites in those days though. Fond memories.

Another example of you US sorts ruining it for the rest of us. :D

(Are you sure there were no catamites involved???, I mean you did choose to spend an R&R tour in a room with several other guys... :D )

For this purpose, I like the Dream Hotel, Sukhumvit, Soi 15. The Dream Bangkok is a small, upscale, boutique hotel. The hotel service staff is excellent. The standard rooms come with a 42" plasma TV and DVD player. The suites have an additional TV/DVD unit in the living area, and an additional fridge. All rooms come with a microwave and espresso machine.

I've looked at Dream but the rooms seemed very small.

RAZZ

Edited by RAZZELL