Bicycle Tour

fietser

I had a very nice time in Chiang Mai during a bicycle tour with guide Eddy.

After calling him in Chiang Mai (0864209751) I made an appointement

for the next day.

He picked us up with a taxi and brought us to his village, some km out of

the centre. With my wife and our daughter we had a tour from 25 km and

saw beautiful places; the royal flower centre, night safari (at daytime..),

beautiful nature and a handmade pottery. After this tour we ate a delcious

meal from his mother; Pad Thai. She cooked for us and is was nice to visit

a Thai family and see the way they live. They were so friendly and act like

we were family from them.

For my daughter I paid 300 baht, and for us each 600 baht. Included the taxi

rides he made, a good helmet, a 2,5 hour tour and a great meal a good price

for a nice activity around Chiang Mai.

A really nice memory for us.

:o spam of the highest order..

(ps. i could arrange it far cheaper. shhh.. :D )

Sounds like someone is trying to get business for this Bike tour. But If we can promote the local farang businesses on a regular basis (I won't mention any names) The Dukes.. here on this site every few months with a message on how great the food is, why not welcome positive feedback for a Thai Business? Just a thought.

Tell me how to make it cheaper or the best way.

We have no bicycles right now, but want to ride around the town. I was thinking about some company, but they charge at least 1400 baht for out of the town trip.

I also found out that there is CM bicycling group, as well as hiking one. But didn't get in touch yet.

I think if someone is going to jump straight in and promote a product or service in their very first post, it would be nice if they at least said a quick hello and introduced themselves. Otherwise, it does look like opportunist Spam! But it might also be done out of all innocence and the poster simply passing on information that he or she thinks might be of use to others. If the OP doesn't participates in this thread further and is never heard of or seen again on TV, then it’s a pretty fair bet that this is indeed Spam.

But Spam or no Spam, it does sound like 600 Baht well spent for those interested in this sort of thing.

Aitch

If you go to the exercise trail at Hauy Tung Taew (north out of the city along the canal road for around 5 km), you can rent bikes for around 20 baht per hour. Ride them around the beautiful 5km trail or hop over the small fence at the far end of the trail and continue around the lake. There's a dirt path that leads to the top of Doi Suthep but I've never done this. I drive there around 3 mornings per week with my own bike and do 3 laps each time. It's especially nice at this time of year with cool temperatures and still fairly clean air.

If you go to the exercise trail at Hauy Tung Taew (north out of the city along the canal road for around 5 km), you can rent bikes for around 20 baht per hour. Ride them around the beautiful 5km trail or hop over the small fence at the far end of the trail and continue around the lake. There's a dirt path that leads to the top of Doi Suthep but I've never done this. I drive there around 3 mornings per week with my own bike and do 3 laps each time. It's especially nice at this time of year with cool temperatures and still fairly clean air.

I don't think most people know it but if you cycle up the little dirt road at the very north point of Hauy Tung Taew then it leads to an entrance to Doi Suthep park. The road climbs steeply up to a hill tribe village. I think its about 4-5 km. If continuing thru the village then leads up to the road that connects Doi Pui to Mae Sa. It's a steep small chain ring kind of road but very little traffic and great views. Mostly motorbike traffic and the occasional pickup truck. Be warned it harder to descend and disk brakes are best. There are plenty of deep erosion ruts which make it dicey but for the most part there is cement pavement (double track style) where needed. It's only for someone who wants a hard workout but provides a nice alternative to riding up Doi Suthep on the road for a workout. Also for the hiker or rider there are many trails leaving the road which can be taken. I haven't explored many but have found a few decent little sections for the sake of variety.