Is It Wort To Get A Tourist Visa Before Marriage ?

Hi guys.

I am coming to Thailand in January to marry my long-time Thai girlfirend.

I am planning to apply for an O-type visa after marriage.

Is it worth the trouble to get a 60-day tourist visa beforehand or getting the initial on-arrival 30-day permission to stay is OK for starting ?

Many thanks

You have more options with the tourist visa plus up to 90 days to use them. If you plan to extend your stay in Thailand that tourist visa could save you a trip overseas to obtain a non immigrant visa as they can sometimes be changed for you by immigration.

Hi guys.

I am coming to Thailand in January to marry my long-time Thai girlfirend.

I am planning to apply for an O-type visa after marriage.

Is it worth the trouble to get a 60-day tourist visa beforehand or getting the initial on-arrival 30-day permission to stay is OK for starting ?

Many thanks

If you have a date arranged and everything organised, then you can just come in on 30 day stamp. But, some hotels require 30-day advanced booking time for reception, so a 60 day visa will give you more time to arrange everything and save you the bother of doing a border run. Also, i'm not sure if you are actually getting married in January and having a thai traditional ceremony, but there are about 3 months in the year, starting in june, when you can't get married.