Bira 3rd Run

Bard

HEY guys at least its a small consulation that the corner is a bastard for other people as well. to be fair it was the 1st time on a track, and Trent broke the bike i am used to riding. Bard SORRY about breaking your wifes. are you getting the BT090's Friday if so thats good news. Had a great time even with all the problems and yes the guys who were there were great. I gotta sort out the wheel mount locks the guys had, to put in my pickup, Travelmate i dont suppose you have the e-mail of the German guy i think his name was mueler, had the Honda basic racer 600 and the posh trailer.

Allan

Travelmate i dont suppose you have the e-mail of the German guy i think his name was mueler, had the Honda basic racer 600 and the posh trailer.

Allan

I know who you are talking about. His name is Hans. Sorry I do not have his email address. He is a very good racer.

I will be on the limit on my bike in a turn, and he will pass me on the inside flat out!! :o

He is a very nice chap. :D

Ok thanks mate. if any one is down at Bira when he is there can they get his e-mail or phone number because he did say he would give me the specs for the wheel clamps (but by then i was bruised and battered so didn't think to ask)because i would like my mechanic to start sorting them as soon as. my throttle cables are replaced, My mechanic custom made both cables for 400baht what a star.

Allan

UUUUMMM Pirelli Diablo's OK. not the tyre i would have looked at for a light weight 250 but up to you. just read some magazine reviews about sliding issues. if it was a 150 ya sticking on then i would still go for the bt090 or dunlop alpha 10 both more suited for the lighter sport bike.

I hope it works out ok.

Allan

Yer Supercorsa looks very good (and is a completely different compound and tread pattern to the standard diablo) .but not in the Ninjette sizing.

i was just confused because the bt090 and alpha 10 are available in those sizes and tried and tested on smaller 250's around the world, eg alpha's and bt's on cbr250's and bt's on the ninja in the USA. it will be interesting to see what they are like.

and the pirelli's are more expensive i believe.

The Pirelli's are Diablo Corsa as far as I know Allan. Reson for me going for those is, 1. I can get them now, 2. Graham will set it up and find the perfect tire pressure, 3. He'll also setup the suspension correctly. The BT 090 is maybe available at the end of the month, the Alpha 10's doesn't quite do the rim size so I'll be the test pilot on the Pirelli's looking forward to it a lot.

Cheers Bard

Finally i have had time to post the photos of Allan most unfortunate crash on his warm up lap at Bira. Better luck next time tiger :D

before.jpg

bira.jpg

bira1.jpg

This is what happens when you lend Allan your bike for exactly 3 mins :D

bira2.jpg

bira3.jpg

bira4.jpg

This is the 12 year old kid teaching Allan how to stay upright. dam_n this kid can ride.... Allan cant :D

kid.jpg

sore.jpg

Better luck next time Allan. Did Bard send you the bill yet??? :o

OK,OK But the kid rides a kicking Kawasaki KSR (the one in picture 5, right hand side AND he has done 3,000+ km just around Bira. but yes he does ride very well. and on this occasion i did not (possible low tyre pressure could have contributed).

i would also note that Trent would not time the kid just in case he was faster than Trent :o

ps: you can see the flat tyre in picture 1, the Fino suspension must be good cos i never felt like it was low.

Allan

Classic! An XJR1300, and Ninja 250R and a Fino- what a trio you guys must have made!

All's well that ends well though and I'm sure happy to see that you didn't get seriously hurt Allan. Suspect you'll be investing in better armor, riding pants and boots soon, eh? :D:o:D

Classic! An XJR1300, and Ninja 250R and a Fino- what a trio you guys must have made!

All's well that ends well though and I'm sure happy to see that you didn't get seriously hurt Allan. Suspect you'll be investing in better armor, riding pants and boots soon, eh? :D:o:D

I think the repairs on the FINO may keep him financially tied up for a while yet

Trent. just being a teacher here in Thailand keeps me financially tied :o

The jacket is being repaired (girlfriend works in a textile factory) and i am thinking of getting some jeans made here with knee and thigh pads. Tony i have the boots already and the jacket was ok but if i do track again i will get me some leather. currently looking at a perforated one on newenough.com

Allan

Trent. just being a teacher here in Thailand keeps me financially tied :o

The jacket is being repaired (girlfriend works in a textile factory) and i am thinking of getting some jeans made here with knee and thigh pads. Tony i have the boots already and the jacket was ok but if i do track again i will get me some leather. currently looking at a perforated one on newenough.com

Allan

Allan, Graham has second hand suits for sale at Bira, you can try on and find a fit so you don't buy a no-fit internet deal. He is pretty reasonable as well, check him out.

Cheers Bard