Fight Club

SuratJohn

Hi guys, I'm planning to open a fight club here and want to know what you all think of it.

There will be 2 classes:

standard: entry money 1000 THB

prize: New Motorcycle

fighters: entry money 10.000THB

prize: New Pickup

everybody can enter, thais and farang.

5 rounds a 2 minutes.

what you think? ready for fight?

You won't find many genuine non fighters who could go 5 x 2 they gas out after 3 x 2

What rules are you thinking of ?

In Australia you have the boxing tents that go around mostly in the bush, they have maybe 6 fighters on staff and you jump in the ring against them, most of these guys can handle themselves and they only go as hard on the amatuer as he is giving, it works well and is a great night out. The prize is $100 for a win but I would say maybe only 1 in 30 amatuers would win if you were lucky.

Maybe something like this might be worth considering.

Hi guys, I'm planning to open a fight club here and want to know what you all think of it.

There will be 2 classes:

5 rounds a 2 minutes.

I think the biggest fight you will have is with the authorities and underworld figures...but good luck mate.

You won't find many genuine non fighters who could go 5 x 2 they gas out after 3 x 2

In Australia you have the boxing tents that go around mostly in the bush, they have maybe 6 fighters on staff and you jump in the ring against them, most of these guys can handle themselves and they only go as hard on the amatuer as he is giving, it works well and is a great night out. The prize is $100 for a win but I would say maybe only 1 in 30 amatuers would win if you were lucky.

I'm not sure about the rules yet.

But I think this would become an real attraction for fighters and for watchers :o .

As we all know, thais love sports (betting), and watching some amateurs giving theyr best while drinking a Chang or a bottle of whiskey...

I really need some opinions from you.

Thank you!

btw, would you fight?

I'm not sure about the rules yet.

But I think this would become an real attraction for fighters and for watchers :D .

As we all know, thais love sports (betting), and watching some amateurs giving theyr best while drinking a Chang or a bottle of whiskey...

I really need some opinions from you.

Thank you!

btw, would you fight?

The first rule in Thailand is no gambling mate. :o The second rule it is not an amateur fight if you are awarding prizes. Although I would like to see this, I think you are in for a long frustrating struggle to get it off the ground.

I think the biggest fight you will have is with the authorities and underworld figures...but good luck mate.

That's sure a problem but we all know about the authorities here, at least here it's just a matter of "How much for who".

And the underworld figures are gonna use a event like this for their bettings.

but thank you for the reply! I appreciate it.

As far as i know most fighters based in Thailand are not willing to put up their money for any entry fees to any tournament lol ... they just wanna fight get that fight fee and thats it.. lol hahah unless you talk to their trainers or manager who always likes to gamble and help you with this.

What kind of rules ? MMA , Muay Thai K-1 Rules ? or no rules lol and what weight catogory ? hehehe ... Let me know all these who knows i might put up someone to fight hahahah but just an alert i can see the new pickup truck is mine hahah

Even though you say its just a matter of who's who needs to be paid i dont thing its going to work. unless you do something like street fights similar to what Kimbo slice did on Internet lol

There is gambling in Thailand mostly at Lumpinee , Rajadamnearn stadium :o The locals who gamble theres knows very well about the fighters if they are trying hard or not.

Edited by tytus

If you are doing it in regional areas you would just pay of the local cops, organise with a local restaraunt or pub in each town to set up on there property they get the benifit of all the punters drinking there you charge a small admission fee for the lookers on and maybe get a cut of the drinks for the night, hey screw you i might do this myself.... lol

http://www.abc.net.au/queensland/boxingtent/

Edited by rick75

As far as i know most fighters based in Thailand are not willing to put up their money for any entry fees to any tournament lol ... they just wanna fight get that fight fee and thats it.. lol hahah unless you talk to their trainers or manager who always likes to gamble and help you with this.

What kind of rules ? MMA , Muay Thai K-1 Rules ? or no rules lol

Even though you say its just a matter of who's who needs to be paid i dont thing its going to work. unless you do something like street fights similar to what Kimbo slice did on Internet lol

Actually I thought of "real" amateur fights, like just bored businessman, the drunken german from the bar across the street,...

Sure I have to think about the fees and prizes!

But it would be real fun, wouldn't it?

What kind of rules ? MMA , Muay Thai K-1 Rules ? or no rules lol

Actually I thought of "real" amateur fights, like just bored businessman, the drunken german from the bar across the street,...

Sure I have to think about the fees and prizes!

But it would be real fun, wouldn't it?

Yes it would, but so would winning the lottery and that's not gonna happen anytime soon either I gather.

There will be 2 classes:

5 rounds a 2 minutes.

Have you got a work permit?

Very difficult undertaking.  Work permits, paying off the appropriate authorities, marketing.

However, if you can get all that done, then it might have a chance to take off and be successful.

There is some island over phuket way that is actually in Burma, where you might be able to organise such an event.

Very difficult undertaking. Work permits, paying off the appropriate authorities, marketing.

However, if you can get all that done, then it might have a chance to take off and be successful.

There is some island over phuket way that is actually in Burma, where you might be able to organise such an event.

first off all, there is no need of an working permit. I see an event like this as entertainment and not as a way to make money.

I don't have to work or anything, just talking to the right people.

then I don't know about rule 1 or 2 because I never was in an fighting club, not yet :o .

But I got 1 big question, why is this sport event illegal?

thank you all for your opinions and sorry for my bad english

Very difficult undertaking. Work permits, paying off the appropriate authorities, marketing.

first off all, there is no need of an working permit. I see an event like this as entertainment and not as a way to make money.

then I don't know about rule 1 or 2 because I never was in an fighting club, not yet :o .

You ABSOLUTELY WILL need a work permit.

lol Impossible everyone who organize a fight event are always thinking of $$$ , if you think you cant make money do not organize it because you might not be able to pay the fighters and then they will look for you even if you are in the rat hole and beat you up until sum money comes out of you

So dont take the risk if you dont know how to do it.. this is just an advice

You will need rules.

Is it going to be "one man standing" or will there be points?

If points then you need rules and judges. who will judge?

Rules for the fight or a free for all, anything goes fight?

Insurance- "Actually I thought of "real" amateur fights, like just bored businessman, the drunken german from the bar across the street,..." what if someone dies or need emergency hospital treatments?

and last but most important you need Ring Babes to tell everyone what round it is!!!!!

I'm not sure where you live, but I know this area pretty good and I know when I need a WP or not.

maybe in the tourist areas they are watching every step you do, but not here.

I really would like to know if people would be interested.

thank you

lol Impossible everyone who organize a fight event are always thinking of $$ , if you think you cant make money do not organize it because you might not be able to pay the fighters and then they will look for you even if you are in the rat hole and beat you up until sum money comes out of you

So dont take the risk if you dont know how to do it.. this is just an advice

absolutely true, that's why I'm not gonna be the organizer, but I think many here would be interested to watch or maybe even fight.

@ mmushr00m, what lame event would this be without the bunnies?

and last but most important you need Ring Babes to tell everyone what round it is!!!!!

Ah yes, a very important point!  :o

(back at the heyday my photography days, I sent one of my models up to Vegas to be a ring girl, and she made $2000 per night for three nights!)

I'm not sure where you live, but I know this area pretty good and I know when I need a WP or not.

thank you

where you thinking of holding this event? "thriller in the south", "Punch Up in Patani" or "Knock out in Naritiwat".

"Smackdown on Samui" has a nice ring to it.

then I don't know about rule 1 or 2 because I never was in an fighting club, not yet :D .

thank you

You ask this question:

why is this sport event illegal?
, yet you plan to do this without a work permit!!!!! :o It doesn't matter how you see it, or whether or not you plan to make money, it is how the authorities see it and even charitable volunteers must have a work permit to work.

Surely, also, such an event would need to be licenced properly. I really cannot imagine the police allowing a bunch of people to beat the crap out of each other. You could try to bribe them of course, but bribing the police for an event of this nature, and without a work permit will open a huge can of worms for you.

I really do suggest that you research further into this otherwise you could find yourself in a whole lot of trouble.