Chiang Mai Kawasaki And Tiger Dealers

gregchambers

Hi guys, I live out on the Doi Saket Road but have been all around central Chiang Mai and can't find anywhere selling the Tiger RS250 (both Tiger dealers I knew about are closed) and not a sniff of the new big Kawasakis. Yamaha and Triumphs no problem but too expensive.

Help!

No idea about Tiger, not interested in those bikes.

For Kawasaki

http://www.kawasakibigbike.com/showroom_north.html

And click on the map.

All in Thai but W/GF/Taxi driver should be able to put you right.

There is a similar thread in the Chiang Mai forum, where I mention the old Tiger dealership on the road that passes by the train station. Some poster went in there last month, shortly after I did, and was quoted 79,000 baht. I doubt the Tiger franchise in Chiang Mai is current or knowledgeable, but I do not speak Thai. Like kano says, phone the factory guy outside of BKK and see what he says. You might become the first civilian owner of a Boxer in Lanna land.

yeah the price is 72000 thb and they are several dealers in CM call or mail Pariya as i posted

god luck

you wont regret calling him

charlie

K. Pariya responded with the information I needed... THANK YOU!

We have 2 dealers in Chiang Mai

1. Supanit Motor 444/7 Jareung Muang rd, T. Watgate, A. Muang, Chiang Mai 50000 tel:053-246724

2. Matrix International Corp. 58/2 Muang Samut rd., T. Changmoi, A. Muang, Chiang Mai

tel: 053-876-373

หจก.สุพนิชมอเตอร์ 444/7 ถ.เจริญเมือง ต.วัดเกต อ.เมือง จ.เชียงใหม่ 50000 053-246724 บจก.แมทริกซ์ อินเตอร์เนชั่นแนล คอร์ป 58/2 ถ.เมืองสมุทร ต.ช้างม่อย อ.เมืองเชียงใหม่ จ.เชียงใหม่ 053-876-373

Fine. Go to those dealers, speak Thai, let them show you a current Tiger Boxer 250RS on the showroom floor for immediate dealer. Pay 72K baht, drive out, and maybe Bob's your uncle. I have no idea where those are and do not care. The one I went to was ignorant and had no display models.

If you are in CM, going West on the outside of the moat past Chiang Mai Gate, toward the mountains, you will see a bunch of Kawasaki bikes of all sizes there on your left. Today they have green Ninja sitting outside. At least I think it was a Ninja.

For sure nowadays, many Kawys riding here and there in CNX with the KLX and the D-Tracker!

Great value for money (150 KB)...

And even a lot more I suppose: the Kawasaki ER6N is coming in the next days this month...

A 600 cc brand new bike for... 225 KB! :o

Great, great, great value on the "big bike" thai market!

Wave to all

Gobs

Peace as a moderator you should really hold your own personal feeling in check. it seems fairly obvious that the place you went to was not a proper dealer. you have been slagging Tiger and its bikes for a long time. and that was without even trying them. They do not have a wide dealer network because they are relatively new within the Thai retail bike market.

I would be interested to hear your remarks AFTER you have ridden a Tiger 250 :D .

Allan :o

I went by Matrix Int'l today to ask if they had any Boxers. The salesman said you had to order one from Bangkok. I told him I'm interested but would need to try one out before buying. He said that they used to have a few but sold them all already. Then, in the next breath, he told me that they don't keep any in stock because its hard to find customers for them! I've been seeing many more police Boxers on the street in Chiang Mai lately, at least 3 just today, but still have yet to spot a civilian one, much less one I could test drive.

So cn das call Pariya at Tiger (0892018147) tell him the problem and see what he suggests, make a point of saying your not interested in travelling to BKK.

LET HIM know that Charlie has given ya some details. and post the results because this is just the sort of feedback they (Tiger) need to try and get more units sold.

Saturday i was at the Tiger factory.I asked Khun Pariya to make an up to date dealers list in both English and Thai,He confirmed me to make one and put it online on their site.

Tiger is really satisfied with the sales of January,It's really going well even in Thailand . I saw a lot civilian boxers there , Furthermore , 2 yellow ones same mine thx guys for reading my posts.

Pics will follow.

Charlie